Anyone else forego colonoscopies for a ColoGuard test?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Everything I read is they are just as effective as a colonoscopy, possibly more so since the upper intestinal tract is not reached with a colonoscopy tube. And my number one fear is that some fumble fingered doctor is going to nick my colon and mess me up. It looks like Canadian doctors are opting for FIT/Cologuard type tests in lieu of colonoscopies. I'd be interested in what you all think. And for any of my Liberal fans who encourage me to skip all colon testing, thanks in advance.

I'm 66. Only ever been ultrasounded/MRI. Colonoscopy is another Jew scam
I hate to tell ya, Likkmee, butt you're wrong.

In the 1960s, Dr. Niwa and Dr. Yamagata at Tokyo University developed the device. After 1968, Dr. William Wolff and Dr. Hiromi Shinya pioneered the development of the colonoscope.[49] Their invention, in 1969 in Japan, was an advance over the barium enema and the flexible sigmoidoscope because it allowed for the visualization and removal of polyps from the entire large intestine. Wolff and Shinya advocated for their invention and published much of the early evidence needed to overcome skepticism about the device’s safety and efficacy. Colonoscopy with CCD invention and market is led by Fuji film, Olympus and Hoya in Japan. Colonoscopy - Wikipedia

In the 1960s, Dr. Niwa and Dr. Yamagata at Tokyo University developed the device. After 1968, Dr. William Wolff and Dr. Hiromi Shinya pioneered the development of the colonoscope.[49] Their invention, in 1969 in Japan, was an advance over the barium enema and the flexible sigmoidoscope because it allowed for the visualization and removal of polyps from the entire large intestine. Wolff and Shinya advocated for their invention and published much of the early evidence needed to overcome skepticism about the device’s safety and efficacy. Colonoscopy with CCD invention and market is led by Fuji film, Olympus and Hoya in Japan. Colonoscopy - Wikipedia
You're watching Darwinism in action.

One other happy note that last year (2018) a Houston, Texas physician and researcher won a Nobel Prize shared with a Japanese Doctor:

The Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded Monday to two researchers from the United States and Japan for advances in discovering how the body’s immune system can fight off the scourge of cancer.

The $1 million prize will be shared by James Allison, Ph.D., chair of Immunology at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Tasuku Honjo, M.D., Ph.D., a professor at Kyoto University.

Allison is the first MD Anderson scientist to receive the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, according to MD Anderson.

Allison and Honjo’s parallel work concerned proteins that act as brakes on the body’s immune system and it constitutes “a landmark in our fight against cancer,” said a statement from the Nobel Assembly of Sweden’s Karolinska Institute, which selects winners of the annual prestigious award.

Allison studied a known protein and developed the concept into a new treatment approach, whereas Honjo discovered a new protein that also operated as a brake on immune cells.
Pretty soon, cancer will be no worse than the common cold. Thanks be to God and people who do their homework like Dr.s Allison and Honjo.

One other happy note that last year (2018) a Houston, Texas physician and researcher won a Nobel Prize shared with a Japanese Doctor:

The Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded Monday to two researchers from the United States and Japan for advances in discovering how the body’s immune system can fight off the scourge of cancer.

The $1 million prize will be shared by James Allison, Ph.D., chair of Immunology at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Tasuku Honjo, M.D., Ph.D., a professor at Kyoto University.

Allison is the first MD Anderson scientist to receive the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, according to MD Anderson.

Allison and Honjo’s parallel work concerned proteins that act as brakes on the body’s immune system and it constitutes “a landmark in our fight against cancer,” said a statement from the Nobel Assembly of Sweden’s Karolinska Institute, which selects winners of the annual prestigious award.

Allison studied a known protein and developed the concept into a new treatment approach, whereas Honjo discovered a new protein that also operated as a brake on immune cells.
Pretty soon, cancer will be no worse than the common cold. Thanks be to God and people who do their homework like Dr.s Allison and Honjo.
When people realize sugar (including processed white carbs) cause it to grow and spread, cancer can become a thing of the past.

You're watching Darwinism in action.
No, I'm celebrating the encouragement of Jesus Christ, who said "Knock and it shall be opened to you. Ask, and you shall receive." My father, a Science teacher, gifted mathematician, and Christian, opened his first lectures of each class he taught, "Science is the exploration of God's wonderful universe." I attended one such class as a pupil in a school he was Superintendent of 58 years ago. He was filling in for a science teacher who couldn't be there for the first week of classes. Lucky me. :)

When people realize sugar (including processed white carbs) cause it to grow and spread, cancer can become a thing of the past.

Sugar, wheat breads/rolls, fruit, and some dry vegetables also turn into glucose between digestion and release into the bloodstream, sweetie. Pun not intended. :lmao:

That's all well and good, but I still have not seen nor heard a compelling argument that a colonoscopy is any better than Cologuard for detecting cancer or pre-cancer. Add to that the inherent risk, albeit small, that physical damage can occur from a colonoscopy and I think my choice is clear.

There is no replacement for s colonoscopy. I suggest a colonoscopy. All my kids, even though they were healthy, had them at age 40. Then every 5 years. And there isn't really colon cancer on either side. Yes, the American diet, us the culprit. Avoid fast foods even once a month.

There is no replacement for s colonoscopy. I suggest a colonoscopy. All my kids, even though they were healthy, had them at age 40. Then every 5 years. And there isn't really colon cancer on either side. Yes, the American diet, us the culprit. Avoid fast foods even once a month.
I agree that the American diet contributes to a higher incidence of colon cancer. I would like to know why you believe that a colonoscopy is a superior test for colon cancer than Cologuard.

From a doctor-
WHAT IS COLOGUARD?
COMBINES:

• DNA testing for mutations (KRAS, NDRG4, BMP3, B-Actin)
  • Fecal Immunoglobulin Test (FIT) for globulin
  • Not indicated for high risk (family history of colon cancer, personal history of colon polyps, IBD) or symptomatic patients
COLOGUARD PROS

• Non-invasive
  • No bowel prep

• Covered by Medicare
  • Convenient

COLOGUARD CONS
  • Misses 8% of colorectal cancer
  • Misses 60% of advanced polyps
  • Cost: $500 vs FIT $22 (Medicare)
  • 13% false positive rate, increases with age
  • Required every 3 years, may result in patient non-compliance
  • Considered a 2nd Tier test, offer only if Colonoscopy or annual FIT is refused*

COLONOSCOPY PROS
  • Gold standard for detection of all cancerous and precancerous lesions
  • Best test for prevention of colorectal cancer and related deaths
  • Covered by Medicare and less expensive than Cologuard every 3 years
  • Every 10 years in average risk patients
  • Only acceptable test in symptomatic patients (e.g. Iron deficiency anemia, bleeding, change in bowel habits)
  • Preferred first tier according to multi-society task force on colon cancer**

COLONOSCOPY CONS

• Invasive
  • Requires bowel prep
  • Operator dependent

• Sedated procedure
  • Very small risk of complication
Cologuard vs Colonoscopy - Pros and Cons | Brian Cooley, MD

I agree that the American diet contributes to a higher incidence of colon cancer. I would like to know why you believe that a colonoscopy is a superior test for colon cancer than Cologuard.

Cologuard cannot see the inside of your colon as a colonoscopy can.

Wife had cologuard came back as inconclusive had to have a colonoscopy after that found one polyp benign of course.

Cologuard cannot see the inside of your colon as a colonoscopy can.

Wife had cologuard came back as inconclusive had to have a colonoscopy after that found one polyp benign of course.
That's fair, a cologuard test will not detect non-bleeding polyps. So there is that.

Everything I read is they are just as effective as a colonoscopy, possibly more so since the upper intestinal tract is not reached with a colonoscopy tube. And my number one fear is that some fumble fingered doctor is going to nick my colon and mess me up. It looks like Canadian doctors are opting for FIT/Cologuard type tests in lieu of colonoscopies. I'd be interested in what you all think. And for any of my Liberal fans who encourage me to skip all colon testing, thanks in advance.
An MD Is a Mama's Boy Who Doesn't Earn a Living Until He's 26. Sacrifice Destroys Ability.

The industrial-strength laxative they gave me in pre-op didn't work the way it was supposed to. In its first phase, which was supposed to clean me out, it was very weak. Then, 8 hours later, diarrhea hit. So the same obstruction (polyp) that prevents me from having a full bowel movement did the same to a laxative movement. Why should I trust them after that? I'm sick of America's insulting work-without-pay education putting inferior people in superior positions.
Anyone who believes in it is the most inferior of all.

Last edited:

Nerds Are Made, Not Born

Oncologists don't earn a living until they are 30 years old. You must believe a submissive and inhibited personality like that doesn't affect creative abilities.

I colonoscopy when I turned 50, I thought it was worthwhile.

I had it done at the Cleveland Clinic. They wheeled me on into the suite, got me loaded on some benzie, and then asked me if I minded if some students came in to watch. I said, "Sure, join the party".

Before I had it done, a homosexual colleague told me they wish it was him. I bet he did, having a large instrument shoved up your butt.

To me, it wasn't a turn on.

Forum List

Back