Anyone else forego colonoscopies for a ColoGuard test?

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by MarathonMike, Mar 26, 2019.

1. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,589
    Everything I read is they are just as effective as a colonoscopy, possibly more so since the upper intestinal tract is not reached with a colonoscopy tube. And my number one fear is that some fumble fingered doctor is going to nick my colon and mess me up. It looks like Canadian doctors are opting for FIT/Cologuard type tests in lieu of colonoscopies. I'd be interested in what you all think. And for any of my Liberal fans who encourage me to skip all colon testing, thanks in advance.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Likkmee

Likkmee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,432
    I'm 66. Only ever been ultrasounded/MRI. Colonoscopy is another Jew scam

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. beautress

beautress Platinum Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    I hate to tell ya, Likkmee, butt you're wrong.

In the 1960s, Dr. Niwa and Dr. Yamagata at Tokyo University developed the device. After 1968, Dr. William Wolff and Dr. Hiromi Shinya pioneered the development of the colonoscope.[49] Their invention, in 1969 in Japan, was an advance over the barium enema and the flexible sigmoidoscope because it allowed for the visualization and removal of polyps from the entire large intestine. Wolff and Shinya advocated for their invention and published much of the early evidence needed to overcome skepticism about the device’s safety and efficacy. Colonoscopy with CCD invention and market is led by Fuji film, Olympus and Hoya in Japan. Colonoscopy - Wikipedia

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Death Angel

Death Angel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,698
    You're watching Darwinism in action.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    One other happy note that last year (2018) a Houston, Texas physician and researcher won a Nobel Prize shared with a Japanese Doctor:

The Nobel Prize in medicine was awarded Monday to two researchers from the United States and Japan for advances in discovering how the body’s immune system can fight off the scourge of cancer.

The $1 million prize will be shared by James Allison, Ph.D., chair of Immunology at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and Tasuku Honjo, M.D., Ph.D., a professor at Kyoto University.

Allison is the first MD Anderson scientist to receive the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, according to MD Anderson.

Allison and Honjo’s parallel work concerned proteins that act as brakes on the body’s immune system and it constitutes “a landmark in our fight against cancer,” said a statement from the Nobel Assembly of Sweden’s Karolinska Institute, which selects winners of the annual prestigious award.

Allison studied a known protein and developed the concept into a new treatment approach, whereas Honjo discovered a new protein that also operated as a brake on immune cells.
    Pretty soon, cancer will be no worse than the common cold. Thanks be to God and people who do their homework like Dr.s Allison and Honjo.

6. Death Angel

Death Angel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,698
    When people realize sugar (including processed white carbs) cause it to grow and spread, cancer can become a thing of the past.

7. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    No, I'm celebrating the encouragement of Jesus Christ, who said "Knock and it shall be opened to you. Ask, and you shall receive." My father, a Science teacher, gifted mathematician, and Christian, opened his first lectures of each class he taught, "Science is the exploration of God's wonderful universe." I attended one such class as a pupil in a school he was Superintendent of 58 years ago. He was filling in for a science teacher who couldn't be there for the first week of classes. Lucky me. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. beautress

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,228
    Sugar, wheat breads/rolls, fruit, and some dry vegetables also turn into glucose between digestion and release into the bloodstream, sweetie. Pun not intended. :lmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,589
    That's all well and good, but I still have not seen nor heard a compelling argument that a colonoscopy is any better than Cologuard for detecting cancer or pre-cancer. Add to that the inherent risk, albeit small, that physical damage can occur from a colonoscopy and I think my choice is clear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. initforme

initforme Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,367
    There is no replacement for s colonoscopy. I suggest a colonoscopy. All my kids, even though they were healthy, had them at age 40. Then every 5 years. And there isn't really colon cancer on either side. Yes, the American diet, us the culprit. Avoid fast foods even once a month.