Anyone Else Experience This?

it never happened until i got fios, the router they supplied seems to be pretty robust in terms of signal strength, about the same as my old linksys.

weird.

I dunno.

Why do women keep towels in the bathroom that no one is ever supposed to use? :confused:

:lol:

i'll ask my wife.

Cool - while you're at it, ask about the dozen pretty pillows that are put on the bed but you can't use. And the bed coverings that are only put on for show - never used.

I'm having a hard time figuring some of these things out. :eusa_shhh:
My parents had a living room we couldn't step foot in.

it never happened until i got fios, the router they supplied seems to be pretty robust in terms of signal strength, about the same as my old linksys.

weird.
Wetting yourself or loss of connection?

:lol:

i'll ask my wife.

Cool - while you're at it, ask about the dozen pretty pillows that are put on the bed but you can't use. And the bed coverings that are only put on for show - never used.

I'm having a hard time figuring some of these things out. :eusa_shhh:
My parents had a living room we couldn't step foot in.

i knew a girl whose whole livingroom was white with *plastic* slipcovers.
they even had one of those velvet rope deals to keep it sealed off.

my parents wouldn't let us in the living room until we were 16, but i always knew that was just because they didn't want to listen to the 6 of us bitch at once.

You're losing your WiFi connection because of the radio interference from the microwave. This can also be caused by cordless phones and some older CRT television sets. Your router is using the 2.4 GHz radio band, which is often subject to more interference.

Solution? Time to go shopping for a new router! Buy a simultaneous dual-band wireless-N model, Linksys and Apple make the best ones. (Netgear sucks.) Dual-band routers output signals in two bands, 2.4 and 5 GHz. The router will cost you close to $200 but it's an excellent investment. The router's utility software will have a setting that allows you to select which radio frequency you want your network to use. Personally I have mine set on 5 GHz only, and the speed, range and coverage is :eek:.

:cool:

We had a Belkin wireless router for about 9 months before it fried. Yeah, I know . . cheap shit. But we were constantly losing the signal with that one. Don't know if it was the microwave or the cordless phones but we were constantly rebooting the thing. That it blew up (literally, smoke poured out of the plug leading into the router) was a good thing.

We now have a Linksys and have had zero problems with the signal. Installation was way easier too.

I think the problem is that the router and other appliances can share the same channel number and that's why the problem happens. There is a way to go into the router's settings and change the channel number. I think 1 and 11 are either the most popular or the ones that have the steadiest signal. You can try this to see if it helps.

Forum List

Back