Anyone else ever feel

Manufacturing is not coming back, JB. One reason it left is because a blue collar man would support his family without his wife's help on the wages he made....those days are over, forever.
Are you admitting that you far-leftists purposely destroyed the economy because you see it as a means of destroying the family unit and 'liberating' the ladies here from their husbands and children?

That's what it sounds like you're saying.

It sure didn't sound that way to me when I wrote it, nor to the others who read it. My advice is find your way in this time without losing your ethics and manners.

You see something about destroying families in almost anything I write these days, JB. T'aint there, never has been and it's one reason you may be having trouble getting along -- the blinders you wear.

I actually feel like I was born in the wrong century :(

I am always amazed at this sort of nostalgia for the past. No one ever sees themselves as a field hand or a textile worker. Y'all seem to think you were destined to be wealthy and your biggest problem would have been to decide how to communicate with a fan at the next soiree'.

I shake my head. This kind of "I am too delicate for today's rough and tumble world" attitude mistakes the past for something that never happened.

Maybe if you (people in general) raised their kids to say "please and thank you" and to open doors, be a lady or gentleman, send thank you notes ;) etc....

Instead it's all about ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT WANT WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TV and video games are raising our children, not the parents, because they are too busy chasing the almighty dollar.

I am raising my daughters to expect nothing less from any boy that wants to date them, and I demand the same respect I gave my elders and still do.

My dad still expects me to refer to him as sir (i.e. yes sir & no sir) and so does my mom....(ma'am)

I still open doors for ladies.... yes, even the ugly ones. :tongue:

I guess I am old fashioned, but I dont think men and women should "live together".... get married and do it the right way.
That goes back to the OP asking about courtship.... if you do that right, you will know whether he or she is "the one".

Good to know some folks still like those things too....

I am always amazed at this sort of nostalgia for the past. No one ever sees themselves as a field hand or a textile worker. Y'all seem to think you were destined to be wealthy and your biggest problem would have been to decide how to communicate with a fan at the next soiree'.

I shake my head. This kind of "I am too delicate for today's rough and tumble world" attitude mistakes the past for something that never happened.

I agree.... you can live in this century and still hold the values that were dear 100 or 200 yrs ago.

I agree.... you can live in this century and still hold the values that were dear 100 or 200 yrs ago.

All etiquette flows from kindness and consideration for others. IMO, there are no fewer people with such values today than there ever has been. Either you require it of yourself and your wee ones or you do not.

Attempting to require it of others, especially strangers, is futile and misses the whole point of etiquette.

Maybe if you (people in general) raised their kids to say "please and thank you" and to open doors, be a lady or gentleman, send thank you notes ;) etc....

TV and video games are raising our children, not the parents, because they are too busy chasing the almighty dollar.

I am raising my daughters to expect nothing less from any boy that wants to date them, and I demand the same respect I gave my elders and still do.

My dad still expects me to refer to him as sir (i.e. yes sir & no sir) and so does my mom....(ma'am)

I guess I am old fashioned, but I dont think men and women should "live together".... get married and do it the right way.
That goes back to the OP asking about courtship.... if you do that right, you will know whether he or she is "the one".

I hear mixed reviews about the door thing. Some girls like it, others think it's patronizing. I generally do it if someone is close behind just because it'd feel like an asshole move for letting it close on their face. But it's no big deal if someone doesn't hold it open for me. :dunno:

I hear mixed reviews about the door thing. Some girls like it, others think it's patronizing. I generally do it if someone is close behind just because it'd feel like an asshole move for letting it close on their face. But it's no big deal if someone doesn't hold it open for me. :dunno:
If you are on a date the door should be held open. ;)
My friend held the door open for me the other day, and opened the car door. He scored major points.

My friend held the door open for me the other day, and opened the car door. He scored major points.

Was he a gentleman 'elsewhere' too? :eusa_whistle:

Me wanted some new boots, and me got'em cuz me has a job, cuz me wouldn't be content with just a single income, cuz me likes stuff. But me still holds doors open for people, still says 'please' and 'thank you', and am a lot nicer in person than me is on here cuz people are a lot nicer in person than they are on here. :thup:

(Ok, alot of 'me', but not much 'want'.)

See, I make sure to park the car really close to the driver side of another car, that way she can't open her door and has to crawl over me to get out. :eusa_angel:

It's not patronizing - it's just polite.. If I get to a door first, I have no problem holding it open for anyone - male, or female. If they hold it open, I have no problem walking through and saying "Thank you." Takes no extra time out of my day.

Tho, if I DO hold it open and the stranger I'm bothering to hold it for doesn't bother with a simple "thanks", or anything, I will say "You're WELCOME, have a nice day." a little louder than I would have had they said "thanks". :D

Me wanted some new boots, and me got'em cuz me has a job, cuz me wouldn't be content with just a single income, cuz me likes stuff. But me still holds doors open for people, still says 'please' and 'thank you', and am a lot nicer in person than me is on here cuz people are a lot nicer in person than they are on here. :thup:

(Ok, alot of 'me', but not much 'want'.)

Right on!

That's why Mini EZ has a job as a babysitter, so she can buy that 'crap' teens don't need, but want.

But, I'll give the kiddo kudos, whenever I do ANYTHING for her, even cook her dinner to buying her something, she always says, "Thanks mom!"

She doesn't ask for much either.......probably because she knows I'll say NO! :lol:

Was he a gentleman 'elsewhere' too? :eusa_whistle:

Luissa said:
He scored

:lol:

So which of you is buying my XBox 360 for Christmas?

Hah. I just bought a PS3 for hubby. No more geek toys for the rest of the year.

PS3 doesn't have the Halo series.

So get one for me? :eusa_pray:

No, but it does have "Gods of War" (whatever the hell that is), and it does some goofy Netflix thingy (big whoopty-doo), and it replaces our WII (WTF are we going to do with Rockband, or Guitar Hero, or whatever the hell we have?), and it works with our projector downstairs in the theater room (this I understand - it means he doesn't have to watch TV upstairs!).

Forum List

Back