Anyone else ever feel

Not really. I like being alive at this time. Probably a lot of older people in the fifties wanted to live in a society with the morals of the twenties, and older people in the twenties wanted the morals of the 1880's... and back through the years.

Although if I had a time machine I would be tempted to go back to the turn of the century and start a football or baseball team.
Morals of the twenties?

Are you referring to the flappers and the first Sexual Revolution or to the eugenics movement and forced sterilization?

I was picking decades at random. A couple generations from now, people are going to wish for the good old days and the morals of the 2010's.

I want to go back to the time of Sodom and Gomorrah. Oh wait...... Never mind........
(What goes around, comes around.......) :eusa_whistle:

FWIW-My brother has been a "stay at home" dad for 16 years now.

It works for them.

His son just became an Eagle Scout too! :clap2:

Yes I was absolutely born a couple of centuries too early. See I do not believe in killing people over business opportunities and political or religious differences.

You don't think people didn't kill each other for economic reasons (property) or religion two centuries ago?

Bub - it's the eternal human dillemma.

The middle class for which JB waxes nostalgic is a rare and recent phenomenon in human history. Most humans who ever lived endured lives of poverty and/or serfdom. Subsistence was their main objective.

The totalitarian thugs always rent seek the productivity of others. This is what is happening to the increasingly rare middle class in the U.S.
You went in the wrong dirention on when I think I should have been born.
And as I stated in a previous post I am not sure that humans will ever progress beyond fear, greed and violence.

Yes I was absolutely born a couple of centuries too early. See I do not believe in killing people over business opportunities and political or religious differences.

I feel sad that mankind wastes so much time and energy on killing each other.
Imagine what humankind could accompolish if we just worked together to improve our lives and world.
I am saddened over the destruction of my world for short term gains and greed.
The applause surrounding acts of violence horrifies me.

Yes I was born in the wrong time, but I am not sure the time that would be correct for me will ever exist with humans. I fear that our lives are so short that we just learn what is really important shortly before we die. We can pass on technological advances very easially, but each person has to start from scratch with each birth learing the truely important things.

Ditto!

This is why I love you man.

it wouldnt let me rep you again
To be "loved" by truthdoesntmatter... shit... that's gotta SUCK.

I have known TM for many years and although she is left of me I respect and like her. Just as I do a few on the far right as well as the far left.
She sticks with her beliefs and is true to herself.
She IS a good human being.

Manufacturing is not coming back, JB. One reason it left is because a blue collar man would support his family without his wife's help on the wages he made....those days are over, forever.

"One reason it left is because a blue collar man would support his family without his wife's help on the wages he made....those days are over, forever."

for some reason this made me think;

- cons believe we should NOT have sex outside of marriage and we should NOT use birth control

- they think we should marry too young and have large families

- they think we should spend all of our spare time and energy and money raising these large families

- specifically and in particular they think women should stay home and raise those large families

- they also have no problem with CEOs keeping all of the profits while paying their employees less than what it takes to live (get married too young and raise large families)

- so they expect MEN to;
a. work 2 or 3 jobs to earn enough to feed his family
and
b. NOT spend so much time at work but, rather, spend more time at home with their families

q: how can parents spend more time with their families if they must work 2 jobs to keep a roof over their heads?

--------------------------

comparison;

in the 1950's 1 man worked 1 job and earned enough to house, feed and clothe his family

today 2 people work (sometimes 3 jobs) to do the same

apparently big business hates families

Part of it is the lifestyle and possessions most feel they need now-a-days for self esteem.
I lived with a lot less for many years, Our parents lived with a lot less.
One car a house that was small but was a home not just an investment. Maybe one TV no computers or computer games, boats PWC, big vacations to disney world or cruises, etc.

And most of those leaving the nest want all the same stuff right now that their parents worked most of a lifetime building up.

Let your self esteem be based on what you are not what you own.

You don't think people didn't kill each other for economic reasons (property) or religion two centuries ago?

Bub - it's the eternal human dillemma.

The middle class for which JB waxes nostalgic is a rare and recent phenomenon in human history. Most humans who ever lived endured lives of poverty and/or serfdom. Subsistence was their main objective.

The totalitarian thugs always rent seek the productivity of others. This is what is happening to the increasingly rare middle class in the U.S.

Boody He said TOO EARLY.

You made a mistake can you admitt it?

waiting

he said too early, not too late

he's thinking of what might be, not what once was

Oops. Multi-tasking before drinking coffee has it's risks.

The same comment applies.

There is no reason to believe that humans 200 years from now are going to set aside the eternal conflict that has plagued humankind since the first cave man figure out he could wollop another one over the head and steal his piece of mastadon.

very decent of you boody.

It takes class to admitt a mistake.

Some dont have the strength of character to do so.

Forum List

Back