Anyone do fan fiction?

Sep 12, 2008
I have been haunting the message board for my 2nd favorite Korean soap. We are on episode 67/100. We are speculating on when the big secrets will be revealed and how.

I added in my three fanfictions today. They are popular over there.

Korean names are all pretty similar, and transcription is kind of hard. So we use shorthand names in the fan fics.

SY is for Ji Soon Young.
SCC is her adopted daughter
PH is President Han (of a cosmetics firm)
ASS stands for Arrogant Stupid Son of PH
BS stands for Bratty Sister of ASS
GM is GM of ASS and BS
NG is new guy, he just came into the drama at episode 60
Sedusa is ASS's wife, SCC's bio mom and the former sister in law of SY from SY's first marriage. SY does not know that Sedusa is SCC's bio mom. Sedusa was supposedly in Italy when SCC was adopted.
ASS inadvertantly caused the death of Sedusa's brother, SY's husband when agents of his stole the formula for a new lotion from SY's husbands firm. PH does not know the formula was stolen.
SY just married PH 20 episodes ago. PH and GM are really anxious for a new kid from SY. And she wants one too, so we are all discussing when SY wil know she is preggers. It is a staple of Kdrama that the first sign of pregnancy is tummy trouble. They get graphic.

OK, enough back story.
Fan fiction time.
Scene: BS and SCC are in the upstairs hallway. SCC is drawing in her sketch pad, and BS is explaining perspective to her. (As if anyone in this drama understands perspective) Sedusa goes into the bathroom without either of them paying attention to her.

SY comes up the stairs carrying glasses of juice for BS and SCC and a plate of cookies. BS asks SY where Sedusa was when SCC was born. SY explains that Sedusa was in Italy then, and didn't come back home until SCC was about 4 months old. SY and BS admire SCC's drawing.
SY gets a phone call from MR. MR tells her they have a new sauce they want her to try out, It has got x, y and z very smelly mushy ingredients. As MR tells her the recipe SY looks more and more distressed and greenish. SY says thanks, she and SCC will be by later. She puts the phone down and stares fixedly at the wall, then she makes a dash for the bathroom just as Sedusa comes out in a bathrobe, rubbing her hair. SY rams into Sedusa knocking her back into the bathroom.

Cue sound effects. Sedusa is yelling "What are you doing.... get off me.... oh no, not all over my hair! Uckk... all over me.... help.. stop that.. get off me."
BS runs downstairs yelling for grandma...

Phone rings .. It is PH. SCC answers. He asks what is going on.... Mom is being sick all over aunt... GM and BS come back up stairs... dramatic music starts and we get freeze frames of SCC, GM, BS and PH.

As far as SY knows, Sedusa was still in Italy a month after the adoption, as sedusa stayed in a hotel in Incheon while the paperwork was being done.

BS hates sedusa passionately, and wants to put her under her thumb.
Korea culture note. Women get to do housework of course. But they do the work according to pecking order. First is the grandma of the household. Then there is the wife of the household, then there are the daughters (This would include SCC in this rank level) then there are the daughters in law at the bottom. This means Sedusa gets most of it, and the hardest part of it.
Fanfiction two.
BS gets a phone call from a an old school chum (female) from when BS was in college in london. School chum is english. Chum comes to lunch and BS and chum gossip, in english, about mutual acquaintances. BS talks about NG. Chum says, avoid him. She met him in Italy where he was running around with some woman named Wang SaeBin (Sedusa) and got her pregnant. NG then ran off.

Italy's regulations on abortion meant she couldn't get one, so she had a daughter.
BS asks... You know Wang SaeBin? Sedusa then comes in wearing an apron and carrying cleaning supplies. Sedusa does not understand english... BS and Chum pause in conversation while Sedusa puts stuff away. Chum continues she is surprised to see Wang Saebin working as a maid, as she had always carried on about how she was going to be a famous designer when she was in Italy.
BS goes.. Oh, she is working as a maid now? Where? Chum points to Sedusa who is still wearing the apron and is walking up stairs and goes... right there!

Last one.
SY's first husband found out that ASS had stolen the formula. He taxed him with it, and ASS had someone prevent SY's husband from revealing it. This resulted in the husband's death by misadventure. PH does not know the product was stolen, and ASS does not know (because of the way Koreans do names) that the guy he robbed was Sedusa's brother or SY's husband.
Scene one, PH is getting sales data on that product that ASS came up with. Sales are trending down as the product is ageing on the market. PH wants ASS to find the person who made the product to come in and help re make it a little better. ASS tells him he has lost contact, and has no way of finding him now.

PH reviews the chemical data on the product and notices a small anomaly. Wonders "Why did they use this rather than that, as that is similar, but half the price." He takes the folder home with him.

Later scene, SY is going through her boxes looking for something. She finds former husband's notebook. She just idilly flips through the pages, looking at the familiar handwriting and we get 5 minutes of flashback of former husband and their working together. SCC and Sedusa have a cat fight outside the door, SY leaves the notebook on PH's desk to deal with the matter. BS comes in, adds her two cents, GM gets involved, Sedusa is left being contrite again and goes to her room to sulk.
SY consoles SCC. BS suggests making some more cookies. BS, SCC and SY are in the kitchen together when PH comes back home. He makes a brief chat with SY and BS, then goes to his office, gathers up some papers including former husband's notebook. that were on his desk.
PH is back at the college talking to SY's old professor. He is asking about the chemical that was used the company formula, and why it might have been used instead of something else cheaper. He brings out his paperwork, which includes the notebook, which has paper stuffed into the page SY was looking at. PH doesn't recognize the notebook, and hands it to the professor as hers. She looks at it and points out the answer (major safety issue) in the notebook. He asks where she got the information and she tells him he brought it with him. He looks at the notebook and sees the name of SY's former husband on it.
PH comes home and shows SY the notebook. She says it belonged to her husband, and he had been carrying it with him when he got run over. She explains that her husband had been doing a start up cosmetics co, and this notebook was his work on their first product. But the formula and the samples had all been stolen the month before he died, and the business went bust. PH looks through the notebook and saw notes and explanations on various problems in creating the formula, cost calculations, safety evaluations, etc. along with dates the notes had been taken. It was obvious this was the work of many months.
PH reads the notebook while SY reads with SCC. PH asks SY if he can look through her husbands other paperwork. She agrees and he goes through the box of papers. He finds husband's wallet, inside of which is ASS's business card.

My impression of what fan-fiction is:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-discord-writing-a-fanfic.gif

If you guys don't realize, this thread is over two years old. Baruch is probably never coming back.

Forum List

Back