Anyone Catch Laura Ingraham Smacking Around Charley Rangel Last Night ?

I am not going to live forever. It would be nice if we can get out of this economic disaster in my lifetime. That will most likely require compromise from Democrats and Republicans. Sort of tough to get there, if we interrupt each other constantly and point out the differences at every turn. So MSNBC, Fox News, CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN can we tone it down a notch?

I'm a conservative kinda guy myself, but I get tired of the constant interupting of the lib/dem guests on the various FoxNews programs. C'mon, you know what you're going to get from them, don't be telling me you're fair and balanced if you don't give them equal uninterupted time. The truth is you're going to get spin from both sides, the constant overtalking is a real turnoff. It's one thing if they go off on some tangent or won't stop yacking, but it's another to interupt after less than 5 freakin' seconds like Ingraham was doing.

When all you get is spin, Wiseacre...I don't think an interviewer has much choice but to interrupt to try and get a straight answer. Otherwise a savvy interviewee will continue to talk about other issues until their allotted time is up. I saw the Rangel interview and it was actually a very interesting verbal duel between a slick career politician who wanted to avoid certain questions while getting a chance to espouse his view on others...and an interviewer who wanted an answer to her question and wasn't going to let him slide. She would let him speak for a few moments and as soon as it was clear that he was changing the subject, she interjected and kept coming back to the question that Rangel was ducking. She wasn't strident while doing so...as a matter of fact she seemed amused by Charlie's tactic.

I'm a conservative kinda guy myself, but I get tired of the constant interupting of the lib/dem guests on the various FoxNews programs. C'mon, you know what you're going to get from them, don't be telling me you're fair and balanced if you don't give them equal uninterupted time. The truth is you're going to get spin from both sides, the constant overtalking is a real turnoff. It's one thing if they go off on some tangent or won't stop yacking, but it's another to interupt after less than 5 freakin' seconds like Ingraham was doing.

Agree. I thought she was trying to compete with Nancy Grace as worst interviewer on the idiot tube. Laura needs to stick to schlock radio.

Since Rangel hates retirees and veterans, I don't care who chews him up and spits him out, but there are times when he obviously makes sense.

Why isn't he in jail?

RangelCrimes829091.jpg

Forum List

Back