Anyone Been Contacted by a Deceased Loved One?

By the way, I like this quote in your signature, Dajjal:

I cannot believe that there is any being in this universe who has created a human soul for eternal pain. I would rather that every god would destroy himself; I would rather that we all should go to eternal chaos, to black and starless night, than that just one soul should suffer eternal agony.
Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-99):

I have always had a hard time believing that a God who supposedly loves us could damn us to eternal horrible suffering.

There is a book called The Shack, has anyone read it? I love the description in that book...for those who have children, do you love your children. If they do something bad, do you still love them?

The book suggest that is how God perceives us, as His chidren. If we do bad, He loves us. It doesn't make sense that he would cast us into hellfires to burn and suffer for eternity. I mean, Jeez-Louise!!!

My wife, my daughter, my father, my wife, and my sisters have, since each of their deaths, 'touched' me not contacted me. I cannot be any more precise than that.

Things unseen do happen, I believe. My mother and I could communicate simple thoughts, such as "come here", "I need you," "danger," "I love you," and so forth from distances beyond sound.

The membrane between the seen and the unseen, I think, is much, much thinner than most folks understand.

By the way, I like this quote in your signature, Dajjal:

I cannot believe that there is any being in this universe who has created a human soul for eternal pain. I would rather that every god would destroy himself; I would rather that we all should go to eternal chaos, to black and starless night, than that just one soul should suffer eternal agony.
Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-99):

I have always had a hard time believing that a God who supposedly loves us could damn us to eternal horrible suffering.

There is a book called The Shack, has anyone read it? I love the description in that book...for those who have children, do you love your children. If they do something bad, do you still love them?

The book suggest that is how God perceives us, as His chidren. If we do bad, He loves us. It doesn't make sense that he would cast us into hellfires to burn and suffer for eternity. I mean, Jeez-Louise!!!

I agree with you 100%. My God is a God of infinite second chances and love beyond comprehension. The religious who believe in a punitive, merciless Judge are wrong, I think.

So, anyway, I've been reading this book, "Hello from Heaven," about communications from deceased loved ones. I've been searching for answers since my beloved dog Greta died January 4. Throughout the book I was wondering...what about animals...is anyone ever contacted by deceased animals? And then finally, near the end, this paragraph:

Many people have asked us whether deceased pets ever return to visit their masters. Yes, they do! We've heard several reports of ADCs involving beloved animals, including dogs, cats, a rabbit, and even a horse. We'll gladly devote an entire chapter in our next book to this subject if we receive enough valid accounts.

Well, I can only hope. It would change my life if I were to have contact with Greta from the other side. Because otherwise, life is looking pretty bleak from here on out.

I'm beginning to understand why some really old people sit in rockers and stare blankly at their folded hands. They've just experienced too much grief, too much loss, and they're just waiting for it all to end. Just my theory. My Dad had come to that. He'd just sit in his chair and twiddle his thumbs. I'm starting to have some insight into that.

I know, I'm getting to be a real Debbie Downer, lately. Sorry.

Last edited:
Gracie came to me last night. I spoke of it in the other thread.
I don't expect her again. The visit last night was good enough for me. I want her to be happy and not worry about me.

My wife, my daughter, my father, my wife, and my sisters have, since each of their deaths, 'touched' me not contacted me. I cannot be any more precise than that.

Things unseen do happen, I believe. My mother and I could communicate simple thoughts, such as "come here", "I need you," "danger," "I love you," and so forth from distances beyond sound.

The membrane between the seen and the unseen, I think, is much, much thinner than most folks understand.

JakeStarkey, it sounds like you have dealt with a lot of loss. :( Any words of wisdom you can offer? Sounds like you have strong faith in God. Is that what keeps you going?

When you say your deceased loved ones have "touched" you, I have an idea of what you mean, because that is one of the types of ADCs (after death communications) discussed in the book I just read. I would imagine that such "contact" was very comforting?

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has ever been contacted by a deceased loved one. Did you do anything to facilitate the occurrence?

I believe I was contacted once by my Grandmother. In September of 1978 a PSA jet collided with a smaller plane and all 144 people on the plane died. I was supposed to have been on that plane. The night before it took off, I dreamed about my Grandmother and she was telling me that I needed to stay home because "she was coming to visit". When I woke up the next morning, I had overslept and missed the flight, but what was even more strange, a picture of her that i kept in my wallet that I had been looking for that I thought I had lost was on the floor beside the bed. An hour later I heard on the radio that the plane had crashed. I ended up taking a Greyhound Bus home because flights for that airline were all cancelled for the rest of the day......of course I didn't mind the inconvenience.

As much as I would love to speak to my two brothers again,I haven't been contacted,I have called my one brothers phone a few times just to hear his voice,but haven't in a very long time,still have his number in mine,but it kinda silly,there is much more to this world than meets the eye,I await our next meeting.

Just curious if anyone has ever been contacted by a deceased loved one. Did you do anything to facilitate the occurrence?

I believe I was contacted once by my Grandmother. In September of 1978 a PSA jet collided with a smaller plane and all 144 people on the plane died. I was supposed to have been on that plane. The night before it took off, I dreamed about my Grandmother and she was telling me that I needed to stay home because "she was coming to visit". When I woke up the next morning, I had overslept and missed the flight, but what was even more strange, a picture of her that i kept in my wallet that I had been looking for that I thought I had lost was on the floor beside the bed. An hour later I heard on the radio that the plane had crashed. I ended up taking a Greyhound Bus home because flights for that airline were all cancelled for the rest of the day......of course I didn't mind the inconvenience.

Holy cow. See when I hear things like this I truly believe that they are 'there' ... wherever 'there' is. Incredible encounter thanks for sharing that kat.

Holy cow. See when I hear things like this I truly believe that they are 'there' ... wherever 'there' is. Incredible encounter thanks for sharing that kat.

Thanks for the thread. I do believe that in cases of imminent danger or even regular daily life that they do reach out to warn us.

Well, here's a new twist. I've been reading up on grieving and I run across statements like this:

“Besides [these] symptoms, you might imagine that you see, hear, or can even touch your lost loved one: This is also normal. These experiences are called illusions or hallucinations,” says Edison Houpt, MD, HCC, a grief expert in Pasadena, Calif.

Source: Is There A Normal Mourning Period? - CarePages.com

Basically, some psychologist say that when we think we are contacted by deceased loved ones it is just illusions or hallucinations.

Well, I'll tell you what...I'm a big skeptic. But these psychologists' writing this off to illusions or hallucinations just does not add up.

Some of these contacts with the deceased loved ones occur before the person even knows their loved one has died!! How do the 'psychologists' explain that? And many of these occurences are corroborated because more than one person is visited by the loved one in separate incidents before anyone even knows they died. Or sometimes more than one person is present at one visitation and they both witness it at the same time.

In addition, some of these visits are many years after the person died and their loved one is not really actively grieving anymore. So how can these visitations be illusions or hallucinations brought on by grief if they occur many years later when the person has pretty much healed from the grief.

Or the person who is visited is not that close to the deceased loved one, but is asked to pass a message along to a loved one who WAS very close to the deceased person. But the person who is visited is not really grieving.

I can think of other flaws in the psychologists' offhanded dismissal of these phenomenon as being illusions or hallucinations. If you Google "hallucinations grieving" several articles will come up and you can see what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
I was warned by some subtle power in a way that probably saved my life, or saved me from serious injury. My motorcycle was parked in the street, and when I went to get on it I had a feeling something was wrong. I tried the brakes and someone had undone the back brake rod so that it did not work.
My riding style was such that I would normally have jetted down the street and pulled up sharply at the junction, which was a crossroads. If I had done that with no back brake I would have certainly gone straight out into the crossroad, with a good chance of getting run down. To this day I do not know what sixth sense warned me, but something did.

I was warned by some subtle power in a way that probably saved my life, or saved me from serious injury. My motorcycle was parked in the street, and when I went to get on it I had a feeling something was wrong. I tried the brakes and someone had undone the back brake rod so that it did not work.
My riding style was such that I would normally have jetted down the street and pulled up sharply at the junction, which was a crossroads. If I had done that with no back brake I would have certainly gone straight out into the crossroad, with a good chance of getting run down. To this day I do not know what sixth sense warned me, but something did.

By the way, Dajjal, I have not had a chance to read the book "Life in the World Unseen" yet, but I have it on my Kindle. So much to read and so little time!

Oh, wait, the stupid book contradicts itself!

Kooshdakhaa, if you are interested here is a book that claims to be an account of the afterlife. I would be pleased if you would read some of it and tell me what you think.

LIFE IN THE WORLD UNSEEN

Dajjal, I just wanted to let you know that I have now read this book. The one thing that disturbed me was there was absolutely no mention of animals! I was skimming quite a bit, so maybe I missed a reference to animals in the afterlife, but I don't think so. Because it's my dog Greta I'm concerned about. She died January 4, 2014, a little over five months ago. I'm still crying every day.

However...I see that there have been subsequent books by the same author and animals are included in the afterlife. Thank God for that!

Regarding contact...I did have a dream about Greta. This was not a "lucid" dream and would not be that remarkable except for one thing...I have not been remembering my dreams for several years. Seriously, I either don't dream at all, or I'm aware that I may have had a dream but can't remember it at all. For years this has been the case.

But I dreamt about Greta and I remembered the dream clearly when I woke up. In the dream I was watching a video of her and my other doberman playing...I was watching the video on a small video camera, holding the camera out and watching on the small screen. Suddenly, Greta turned toward the camera and came right up to it and as she did the camera disappeared and it was her! Not a video but her there, all excited and happy and wagging her whole body! I took her face in my hands and said, "Oh, Greta, Greta, it's you! I love you!!!" and kissed her on the nose. And then I woke up.

My spirits were greatly lifted by this dream and I cannot discount the fact that this is the first dream I've remembered in years! That's kind of odd, don't you think?

I had just gone through a horrible two weeks of anxiety, I thought I was losing my mind and didn't know how much I could take. Then, it passed and I began to feel normal again. Still grieving, but without that horrible free-floating anxiety. And then, after a couple of days I had the dream.

One thing about the book, "Life in the World Unseen," it made it seem quite possible that there is something beyond. I don't know, there was just something plausible about it as described in that book.

1. I had an experience where I felt the spirit of a distressed young girl urging me to help, like a life and death struggle. I could not hear any voice or see anything, just felt the impression of a young girl "screaming" for help as if tugging at me in a violent thrashing struggle not to die.

2. A friend told me her family was together when the "ghost" or "image" of their dead father walked into the room and all of them saw it.

3. A young man I met in a play we were in together told me he used to hear the ghost of his dead grandfather shuffling in the hallway and scaring him at night.

4. A friend I made when researching the death penalty said the night her son disappeared, she got a panicked impression that he was drowning and screaming for help. She hired a PI who traced the tracks of the suspect's vehicle to the edge of water in Louisiana where it assumed he was dumped to be eaten up by alligators to hide the evidence of his murder.
She told me she felt him suffering, drowing and screaming as if it were happening in her immediate presence.

5. After mentor of mine passed away in Oct 2001, at one point when I was still grieving, I felt her presence in the front seat of my car, as if she was sitting and smiling quietly. I just said Thank you Jean and she went away, it was if she was giving a last chance to say goodbye. She always told me and the other teachers that after she passed, she would be able to see and hear us, but we would not be able to see or hear her. She would be in a different room or hall way of the same house, and just working on a different spiritual level than the plane of earth/reality where we still are, and not to worry but trust it was how things are supposed to work and she has work to do as a spiritual guide on higher levels.

6. One day when I was falling asleep on the road in traffic, I felt my arm suddenly jerk the steering wheel to keep me in my lane.
I do not drive that well or react that precisely when awake, much less dozing off. I felt it was the spirit of an angel watching out for me.
I don't think it was someone I knew closely, my impression is that it was a friend of my boyfriend's older sister I didn't know that well but I went to his funeral.
I think it was him looking out for me because my boyfriend looked out for him who was the best friend of his sister, and I have also been trying to help her with moral support.
So somehow it is important that we help each other, and this incident made me think it was him intervening, for some reason. Because I am supposed to stay alive and keep helping, not die on the road!

For these experiences, if there is unnatural disruption or suffering involved,
I believe there could be witchcraft, sorcery, occult or other ill will or spiritism/manipulation.

If the experience is to help people progress spiritually in understanding and growth,
then this is not caused by negative manipulation.

I believe it is disruptive to try to manipulate things for control or self-will. The correct way to address spiritual conflict is by prayer for forgiveness, healing and peace. It should never be manipulated by playing with spiritual energy which is dangerous and can easily backfire.

Last edited:
The Buddhists teach that especially during the first 7 days after death, the soul of the person is running around on the earth plane outside their body. Every week the soul fades to a more dissipated level. But the first week it is like they are practically there with you "in full," just invisible and not in their physical body. They can hear and see everything like someone else in the room, but you can't see or hear them.

That is why it is important to make peace and have full closure, or this causes added suffering if there are unresolved conflicts and people can't communicate to resolve them.

We should resolve conflicts while we are alive and have direct ability to communicate!
That way, souls can pass smoothly after death and not get held up over past issues.
The people who recover and move through grief the smoothest do so by forgiveness and ability to let go because it helps with closure and feeling the good not focusing on the bad.

Well, here's a new twist. I've been reading up on grieving and I run across statements like this:

“Besides [these] symptoms, you might imagine that you see, hear, or can even touch your lost loved one: This is also normal. These experiences are called illusions or hallucinations,” says Edison Houpt, MD, HCC, a grief expert in Pasadena, Calif.

Source: Is There A Normal Mourning Period? - CarePages.com

Basically, some psychologist say that when we think we are contacted by deceased loved ones it is just illusions or hallucinations.

Well, I'll tell you what...I'm a big skeptic. But these psychologists' writing this off to illusions or hallucinations just does not add up.

Some of these contacts with the deceased loved ones occur before the person even knows their loved one has died!! How do the 'psychologists' explain that? And many of these occurences are corroborated because more than one person is visited by the loved one in separate incidents before anyone even knows they died. Or sometimes more than one person is present at one visitation and they both witness it at the same time.

In addition, some of these visits are many years after the person died and their loved one is not really actively grieving anymore. So how can these visitations be illusions or hallucinations brought on by grief if they occur many years later when the person has pretty much healed from the grief.

Or the person who is visited is not that close to the deceased loved one, but is asked to pass a message along to a loved one who WAS very close to the deceased person. But the person who is visited is not really grieving.

I can think of other flaws in the psychologists' offhanded dismissal of these phenomenon as being illusions or hallucinations. If you Google "hallucinations grieving" several articles will come up and you can see what I'm talking about.

There was no bad with Greta. Only good. Even her "bad" was good. No amends to make, no regrets, I realized how special she was while she was alive and appreciated every minute I had with her.

166 days, still crying every day, some days more than others. But I read that tears of grief are liquid love. That's why I'm crying so much and so long. I loved (love) her so much. Somehow that's comforting.

Wow, never thought the greatest love of my life would be a dog. I always knew she was special. Iused to look at her and say, "Who ARE you?" It's like I'd known her before, like our relationship went back a long, long ways. Almost like she was sent to be with me for a while in this lifetime and told "You're going to be in the form of a dog, you're only going to have 10 years or so, so be awesome!" So she was. Still not sure what I should be learning from this. Right now it's only sadness. It's hard to believe she is gone, the light has gone out of my life. I hope I find her again some day. I will never stop searching for her.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back