Anyone Been Contacted by a Deceased Loved One?

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Just curious if anyone has ever been contacted by a deceased loved one. Did you do anything to facilitate the occurrence?

Contacted...no...but I've had dreams where we've had quite a nice visit and I woke up the next morning feeling as if I was actually with them in person. It was a visit of sorts...via dreamland.

Yeah, I haven't had any dreams yet either. (lots of family loss the past month). Actually, I haven't had any dreams at all for quite a bit but that might be because I've been fall into bed and zonk out tired lately.

A few years after my one sil died the hubs was in the family room and he sat and watched as small clock that belonged to her just fell off the shelf. He said it wasn't near the edge, no cat around, nothing. It looked as if someone pushed it. Hmmmm ....

I have never been contacted from beyond the grave by any loved ones, but to be honest, I haven't even tried. The more one thinks about the departed, the more depressed and heartbroken one gets.
I found that I dreamt less of the ones I cared most about after they passed. Why that is, I don't know, it seems contrary to my own wishes. I want to see them again, but they are just gone, gone FOREVER. And we have to move on. I don't know why, but for me personally, that is the case. Wishes, hopes spirituality are figments of the living imagination.

I have never been contacted from beyond the grave by any loved ones, but to be honest, I haven't even tried. The more one thinks about the departed, the more depressed and heartbroken one gets.
I found that I dreamt less of the ones I cared most about after they passed. Why that is, I don't know, it seems contrary to my own wishes. I want to see them again, but they are just gone, gone FOREVER. And we have to move on. I don't know why, but for me personally, that is the case. Wishes, hopes spirituality are figments of the living imagination.

You and I see things quite differently. :eusa_eh:

Just curious if anyone has ever been contacted by a deceased loved one. Did you do anything to facilitate the occurrence?

Nope. But, I've even taken my digital voice recorder over to the grave yard and tried to get an EVP from either my brother or father, both of whom are buried side by side, and Dad just passing away last October. I thought if anyone would or could it would be my Dad. We talked regularly about the paranormal and both watched the ghost hunting shows.

Oddly enough though, I had my cat of twenty years put to sleep here in this house, and as he slipped away with his head in my hands, I told him to "stay here," and sometimes I think I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye.

Last edited:
Only in dreams. My brother was the most recent and that was 15 years ago. I woke up bawling my eyes out.

Oh- I dated a gal whose boss had recently died. They were quite close (professionally). She told me that in no uncertain terms that she was contacted and it was an audible and physical interaction.
Don't remember the details, that was like 35 years ago. No reason to doubt her whatsoever.

Well so far, no one has gotten any anything from anyone who recently died.

There was this ... we were over my brother's (he is living in my parents house ... that was the only way my dad would consider moving to the retirement place ... he refused to sell the house so my brother agreed to move into the house) in the basement where my dad had an office. My oldest and youngest daughters and my oldest brother were looking through stuff. My dad was a numbers guy and a saver of things... mostly things that had to do with numbers. Found a copybook from the 1950's with numbers, numbers, numbers written on every page. Couldn't figure it out ... till my husband said "it's an amortization chart for the mortgage". Yup, he was a numbers guy alright. Anyway, they found a handheld Yahtzee game I had given my dad several years back. They tried for a solid 5 minutes to get it to work ... turn on, spin, anything. Batteries were shot. Put it back in the draw. Ten minutes later, without anyone touching it (it was back in the drawer and they were looking at other things) the game started the sound it makes when someone pushes the 'spin' button. Did this two or three times then stopped. My kids were fascinated; my brother? Not so much. He made a beeline outta there. lol

So far, that's it. Hmmm ... electronic-type things never cut it for me when it comes to the dead trying to communicate. There's usually a logically explanation for it. But I'm open to the possibility that I could be wrong.

other then my pets, i have no loved ones beyond the grave.

I dreamed about a not so loved one last night....and it was just as disturbing as when they were alive. Funny, you memory jogged with this thread.... i did not remember it until just not.....

Twice, actually.

1st time was when I was about 9yrs old.
I was asleep at my paternal grandmother's house (in Virginia) when, for whatever reason, I woke up and saw my maternal great-grandmother (in Alabama) standing at the foot of my bed.
We got the phone call the next morning.

2nd time I had been staying in a hotel for vacation and was driving back to it when I saw my (previously mentioned paternal) grandma waving at me from a bus stop.
The light on my hotel room phone was blinking when I got there.

Twice, actually.

1st time was when I was about 9yrs old.
I was asleep at my paternal grandmother's house (in Virginia) when, for whatever reason, I woke up and saw my maternal great-grandmother (in Alabama) standing at the foot of my bed.
We got the phone call the next morning.

2nd time I had been staying in a hotel for vacation and was driving back to it when I saw my (previously mentioned paternal) grandma waving at me from a bus stop.
The light on my hotel room phone was blinking when I got there.

Ooo, reading those I got teh goosebumps!

I wish I'd have an encounter or two like yours. I haven't even dreamed about the four people who recently died ... not one single thing. Is that weird? I think it is. Of course, I'm not sleeping great either, waking up often throughout the night.

No, but if I thought he had hidden a fortune somewhere, I would be trying my darndest to conjure him up. :evil:

Yes, I've been contacted by dead relatives.

Care to elaborate some?

I've lost a lot of family in the last 10 years.

As a skeptic back in 2006 I was invited to a gathering of people with a psychic medium. The intent was to talk to deceased relatives. What I was told to do was to simply think of 2 deceased relatives all day and bring those thoughts to the meeting. The meeting was in a basement with the all light completely blocked off like a cave. When the lights went out it began.

I'd been thinking of my uncle and my Grandfather. My uncle had a particularly uncommon name of "Orven".

As this progressed the medium sensed she was getting something from someone named Orven. So I said yes, that is the name I was thinking of, but before she could receive his message in full, it was occluded by a stronger message from Robert, the first name of my grandfather, the 2nd name I was thinking of, and then it unfolded. What follows was mind blowing.

She said that Robert was joking and saying he'd never be to a raising of the dead before which fits his joking personality. He continued to prove his existence to me by telling the medium that I used to build tree houses all over his land. At this point, my jaw dropped. Then he went on to specifically describe the biggest tree house I ever constructed as a boy in the mid 80's. A 12 by 12 blue platform 20 feet between 4 trees. To a tee.

I'd never me this medium before in my life or disclosed any names or to anyone else. There is no possibility that the psychic could have known this information.

I've had other paranormal experiences but this one was the most mind blowing and personal.

Yes, I've been contacted by dead relatives.

Care to elaborate some?

I've lost a lot of family in the last 10 years.

As a skeptic back in 2006 I was invited to a gathering of people with a psychic medium. The intent was to talk to deceased relatives. What I was told to do was to simply think of 2 deceased relatives all day and bring those thoughts to the meeting. The meeting was in a basement with the all light completely blocked off like a cave. When the lights went out it began.

I'd been thinking of my uncle and my Grandfather. My uncle had a particularly uncommon name of "Orven".

As this progressed the medium sensed she was getting something from someone named Orven. So I said yes, that is the name I was thinking of, but before she could receive his message in full, it was occluded by a stronger message from Robert, the first name of my grandfather, the 2nd name I was thinking of, and then it unfolded. What follows was mind blowing.

She said that Robert was joking and saying he'd never be to a raising of the dead before which fits his joking personality. He continued to prove his existence to me by telling the medium that I used to build tree houses all over his land. At this point, my jaw dropped. Then he went on to specifically describe the biggest tree house I ever constructed as a boy in the mid 80's. A 12 by 12 blue platform 20 feet between 4 trees. To a tee.

I'd never me this medium before in my life or disclosed any names or to anyone else. There is no possibility that the psychic could have known this information.

I've had other paranormal experiences but this one was the most mind blowing and personal.

omG, that is amazing!! Thank you for sharing. I got even more goosebumps reading that. I've thought about going to a medium just to see what would happen. They'd probably look at me like "what do you mean four people died within three weeks of each other??" and they'd then have a hard time hearing who was talking cause they'd all be talking over each other!

Did your experiences give you any type of relief or peace of mind or anything because you knew that those who were gone were still there in spirit?

Forum List

Back