Anyone Aware that......

Hobbit said:
No, what pissed me off about Target is that they found it just fine to wish everybody a Happy Hannukah, Happy Ramadan, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Winter Solstice, and pretty much any other holiday you can imagine, but didn't extend the same courtesy to Christmas. I don't mind if Christmas isn't the only game in town, just so long as it actually stays in town.
I stayed with my gameplan to shop 'in town.' Couldn't find all I wanted here in Wheaton, but did hit the other suburbs' shopping districts.

The only 'Target' purchases I made were for the Christmas angels i was buying for. My niece works at Best Buy, so she bought the three CD's with a special 40% discount. I had a 12 year old girl, wearing a 2X top and 16-18 jeans. I had to do Target, at $30, cause I couldn't afford better.

I couldn't find 'art supplies' for the girl, that were affordable, so again Target.

I helped my kids' out with their angel, a 9 year old male of normal proportions. He wanted everything 'football.' Again, couldn't do the suburb downtown.

I could my own kids, who are older and more choosy and demanding, (ie., they know where to 'find me.') Stationary, few-of-a-kind purses and duffles. Nice shirts and sweaters. Restaurants and bar gift certificates. I'm done. :funnyface

Hagbard Celine said:
You can't blame retailers for becoming more secular to appeal to a wider range of patrons. Christians aren't the only people living here you know.

Target made a legitimate business decision it thought would increase its profits.

When you and yours shit a brick over them saying "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas," you did contribute to their keeping their policy the same, but you also blatantly exhibited how idiotic and whiny American culture has become.

The whiners on this issue originated from the ranks of the Left many years ago. They're the ones who actually started the "idiotic whining" to further their atheistic goals. The liberal media has aided and abetted them. To this day you have whiny-assed liberal atheists like Michael Newdow who keep plagueing the court system with nuisance lawsuits to create a God-free America.

However, if you think it is "idiotic" to resist these atheistic forces, then you have absolutely no clue as to why battle lines have been drawn. :duh3:

ScreamingEagle said:
The whiners on this issue originated from the ranks of the Left many years ago. They're the ones who actually started the "idiotic whining" to further their atheistic goals. The liberal media has aided and abetted them. To this day you have whiny-assed liberal atheists like Michael Newdow who keep plagueing the court system with nuisance lawsuits to create a God-free America.

However, if you think it is "idiotic" to resist these atheistic forces, then you have absolutely no clue as to why battle lines have been drawn. :duh3:
I'm rubber, you're glue and YOU have absolutely no clue as to why battle lines have been drawn. :duh3: Uuuhhhhnnnhhh!

You guys are getting pissed about a department store changing its ad campaign because you think it will somehow undermine your religion. If your religion's standing in America is that weak, you'd better worry about more than a Target ad campaign. If I were you I'd try to find a stronger God. Like Capitalism.

Hagbard Celine said:
I'm rubber, you're glue and YOU have absolutely no clue as to why battle lines have been drawn. :duh3: Uuuhhhhnnnhhh!

You guys are getting pissed about a department store changing its ad campaign because you think it will somehow undermine your religion. If your religion's standing in America is that weak, you'd better worry about more than a Target ad campaign. If I were you I'd try to find a stronger God. Like Capitalism.

Hey rubbernecker, it's about a lot more than Christmas ads.

Hagbard Celine said:

No one (to my knowledge) has said the lack of Christmas signs will undermine their religion. The complaint is that stores are listing other holidays and ignoring Christmas. The problem is hanging Hanukka (sp) signs and not Christmas signs.

I'm not even going to mention Kawanzza (after all who celebrates a harvest festival in the middle of winter)?????????????????????????????

What would happen if the Christian minorities in muslum countries started complaining about Muslum holidays offending them and wanted everything changed to appease them??? Say, the companies and schools started to listen to them and ignored or changed any referrence to a muslum holiday. The muslums would be right to get pissed about it. Just like Christians in this country are getting sick and tired of it.
*please don't point out that this would never happen, I already know that*

Hagbard Celine said:
You can't blame retailers for becoming more secular to appeal to a wider range of patrons. Christians aren't the only people living here you know.

Target made a legitimate business decision it thought would increase its profits.

When you and yours shit a brick over them saying "happy holidays" instead of "merry christmas," you did contribute to their keeping their policy the same, but you also blatantly exhibited how idiotic and whiny American culture has become.

Shit a brick? Oh, so we Christians arent allowed to tell retailers if we like their ads or not? We arent allowed to decide which stores to patronize because they support our beliefs? Oh, thats right, we are only Christians, the MAJORITY here in America, where the MINORITIES rule these days.

Speaking of idiotic shitting bricks, how about them ACLU bandits getting all their panties in a bunch cuz of a "manger" scene on.......OH MY GOSH PEOPLE,,,,gubnet property AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RUN FOR THE HILLS MERTYL,

ahhh, but I doubt you have a problem with the ACLU shitting their bricks eh?

liberal "political correctness."

But isn't trying to control what holiday greeting a department store chooses to use Christian Political Correctness? I thought Republicans generally stood for less control over others' actions?

I still can't get over the majority religion playing the victim in this situation. The real victims are people of minority religions who have no choice but to look at emblems of the majority religion everywhere they turn--even on government property and in privately places of public access such as department stores.

How would you feel if I installed an 8 foot high Hindu god, with blue skin and with 8 arms flailing right next to the pretty Nativity scene at town hall? Why not just let people display what they want on their front lawns, and leave government out of it?

Mariner.

(PS LuvRPgirl, when you quote my "Democrats are weak and spineless" comment, please note that it applied only to withdrawing troops from Iraq not to many other issues, such as corporate welfare, or--gasp--balancing a budget, where Republicans are weak and spineless.)

Mariner said:
liberal "political correctness."

But isn't trying to control what holiday greeting a department store chooses to use Christian Political Correctness? I thought Republicans generally stood for less control over others' actions?

Yes, Republicans generally stand for less control over others' actions....unlike the liberals with their "political correctness" with which they actually attempt to control behavior.

However, when PCness usurps the long established traditions of our society, Republicans have every right to stand up to it before atheistic PCness wipes out any reference to God from our society. There's no law that says Christ can't be advertised by the stores or whatever.

Hey, if a store or a town hall wants to set up an 8' Hindu god with 8 flailing arms to attract customers or reflect the desires of the local Hindus, so be it. The only reason you see more nativity scenes than Hindu gods is because there are lots more Christians in town plus they are also celebrating the nationally recognized holiday of Christmas. No Christian is putting down anybody else's religion. The fact that Christians are upset with stores not reaching out to them is no different than non-Christians being upset with stores not reaching out to them. However, it's ultimately the store owner who has to make the decision regarding his advertising policies, not political groups.

ok i am confused.....

why are retailer trying to appeal to a broader more secular group to sell things to for an event none of them belive in?

if they are actually trying to eliminate christ and christianity from christmas, which is the celebration of christ's birth......

what then is the point of the day?

why have it be a holiday at all?

fuck it...no gifts....no days off from work.....if you are that opposed to the whole thing....no gifts and go to work.....come now stand behinde your protest.

manu1959 said:
ok i am confused.....

why are retailer trying to appeal to a broader more secular group to sell things to for an event none of them belive in?

if they are actually trying to eliminate christ and christianity from christmas, which is the celebration of christ's birth......

what then is the point of the day?

why have it be a holiday at all?

fuck it...no gifts....no days of from work.....if you that opposed to the whole thing....no gifts and go to work.....come now stand behinde your protest.

You got me. Maybe only 2% celebrate Hannukuh and Kwanzaa. What are the secularists celebrating? Solstice? "Winter Holiday"? Frankly I don't see any real celebrations about those things. How come they don't also celebrate summer solstice and "Summer Holiday" too? :dunno:

Oh, I know....what they really are celebrating is the suppression of God.
:finger:

when I just watched a little Fox News while wrapping Christmas presents, and saw their Christmas greeting. It said, "Season's Greetings!"

This, from the people who ran 58 segments on a supposed war against Christmas? How come they didn't have the guts to say "Merry Christmas" to their viewers?

Merry Christmas, Fox News.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
when I just watched a little Fox News while wrapping Christmas presents, and saw their Christmas greeting. It said, "Season's Greetings!"

This, from the people who ran 58 segments on a supposed war against Christmas? How come they didn't have the guts to say "Merry Christmas" to their viewers?

Merry Christmas, Fox News.

Mariner.
Maybe if you watched it for more than 10 minutes. I've seen it on Fox a ton of times. My girlfriend, in fact, commented to me "oh, you're watching that channel that goes out of it's way to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays"

The ClayTaurus said:
Maybe if you watched it for more than 10 minutes. I've seen it on Fox a ton of times. My girlfriend, in fact, commented to me "oh, you're watching that channel that goes out of it's way to say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays"

Hey. What does she think about you turning conservative?

rtwngAvngr said:
Hey. What does she think about you turning conservative?
She's actually about to send me on a trip to Libya to look for some yellow cake, or something. I dunno, I'll be sure to report back on this board whatever I stumble across.

The ClayTaurus said:
She's actually about to send me on a trip to Libya to look for some yellow cake, or something. I dunno, I'll be sure to report back on this board whatever I stumble across.

No. Really. What's she think about your transformation?

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok ok, I'll bite. There was no transformation, except perhaps of your perception. Your turn.

I guess you just learned to keep your liberal drivel inside? Is that it? You learned to shut up? That's good enough I guess.

archangel said:
Target stores are owned by a "French" conglomorate? No wonder they do not embrace "Christmas" they still think that maybe the "Nazis" will retake France...LOL! Then again maybe they are trying to appease the Jews...like WJ always says! :cof:

You're right. It was odd. No christmas trees, ornaments, santa clauses, nativity scene pieces - none of that was sold at Target.

New Topics

Forum List

Back