Anyone attacked by anything?

I've had bee encounters myself...auuugh..:(

Those dam things can really get a guy going.I remember once tying the boat up to a log on shore..These suckers were black in color...and I couldn't see them flying..They blended in so well under the shade of the trees.

Needless to say was stung several times..and made a run to my boat.I had a 3 Hp Johnson Engine..and I couldn't out run them.(swarm)..but managed to stay a foot in front of them till they tired of the chase...It's something I'll never forget...that's for sure..:)

What a funny story. Too bad no video. :rofl:

I've had bee encounters myself...auuugh..:(

Those dam things can really get a guy going.I remember once tying the boat up to a log on shore..These suckers were black in color...and I couldn't see them flying..They blended in so well under the shade of the trees.

Needless to say was stung several times..and made a run to my boat.I had a 3 Hp Johnson Engine..and I couldn't out run them.(swarm)..but managed to stay a foot in front of them till they tired of the chase...It's something I'll never forget...that's for sure..:)

I was on a golf course in Northern California and a wasp came up curiously, I swatted at him with my clip board and jumped in the golf cart and took off. I looked back and he was right there at the back of the cart chasing me. I was lucky that I was on a par five, it gave me enough yardage to finally out run the bastard. I still kept an eye out for him the rest of the day. Something about a creature that small having that much confidence that he can kick your ass is pretty scarry.

I usually have about 1 run in a year with a yellow jacket nest...usually in early october while bowhunting. Never been attacked by anything else.

These are some pretty good bee stories..:)

Makes me want to carry a can of raid that's the size of a fire extinguisher next time I go tromping around the woods.

One bee that gives me the creeps...is those dam wasps..Those hanging legs just make me shit when I see one of those things flying around.

I remeber as a kid teasing bees....Throw sand..and rocks at a nest..or try to plug it quick...I ran home to moma more than once crying being stung...:)

Well , I went camping out in the Western ghats in the state of Maharashtra in India. Me and my bro were climbing up a slope when we saw this huge leopard and two of its cubs. It freaked us out. I can never forget that incident. The eyes of that creature are so...lethal. It just stares at you. But fortunately that creature was in ahurry ...Wanted to pee or something I guess.

Oh yeah ,I have stepped on many giant size snakes while trekking in that region. I never noticed until my brother calmly pointed out to me that I had crushed about 3 snake butts!:redface:
Almost the same thing happened to me. Except that we were in car like in the movie "Kaal". Since then I totally freaked out when I'm in "jungle".

I was making kindle this last January...It was a cold ass day..So I was lucky to have my long johns,pair of sweat pants..and my canvas snow bibs on.

I was crouched down..because it was a tiny little log I was splitting on.

When I stood back up...That nail went into my ass like a pissed off rattle snake...If not for my canvas bibs...My ass would still be stuck to that tree today.

I was afraid of a nasty scar....It's ok..healed good.

I was lucky.

I took a picture to show my lawyer..She asked if I took a picture of the tree & nail?...I said "no"..I had no case...but she said I have a nice butt...hahahahaha..:)

I wanted to blame somebody so dam bad...That sucker must have been pounded in this poor tree 30 years ago...and what for?..I have not a clue.

I pounded it down..so no more fear of encountering it again.

I have heard of stepping on a rusty nail..never having one sting the life outa my ass.

That's why I have band aids now...

Bee attacks..rusty nails..bears.

I'm ready.

Creek

While picking blackberries a few years ago, I was attacked by a swarm of yellow jackets. Needless to say, I was Less Than Pleased with the experience.

Once I was at my parents' new house and on a roof patio. The door had locked behind me, which was pretty screwed up because it got me stuck on the roof. So, while trying to figure out my predicament, I start fiddling around the door, and in doing so, stir up a yellow jacket nest by the frame.

The part that sucked about this was, they all started stinging me, and I was stuck on the damn roof. The only way to escape would have been to jump off the roof (pretty high) and probably break a foot, or... grab a chair and smash in a window. I did the latter. When it was over, I was stung about 30 times.

True story.

I was attacked by a chicken when I was around 3 years old.:)

We were on vacation, rented a camp on a river to fish and swim in the area, I believe it was Louisianna.... There were chickens roaming free throughout the camp grounds and I was just playing in the sand walking along the river and this chicken chased me pecking at my butt.... I was running for dear life....my father was in the river up to about his thighs fishing and he saw what was happening, dropped his rod and swept me up to rescue me....!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucker was mean!!!!!!!!

Care

Once I was at my parents' new house and on a roof patio. The door had locked behind me, which was pretty screwed up because it got me stuck on the roof. So, while trying to figure out my predicament, I start fiddling around the door, and in doing so, stir up a yellow jacket nest by the frame.

The part that sucked about this was, they all started stinging me, and I was stuck on the damn roof. The only way to escape would have been to jump off the roof (pretty high) and probably break a foot, or... grab a chair and smash in a window. I did the latter. When it was over, I was stung about 30 times.

True story.

Oooh Man.

Most people would of jumped of the roof...Your death could have been ruled a suicide.

I was painting a house once..and had to use a 35 foot ladder to paint the very top...Sure as shit there was a bee nest under the shingles/roof.

Due to it being a colder morning(slowed the bees down)..I managed to escape.My legs couldn't move fast enough climbing down...Alot of cuss words outa me that morning.

I almost fell up there...My death would have been claimed as being accidental.

Those dam things..:(

Oooh Man.

Most people would of jumped of the roof...Your death could have been ruled a suicide.

I was painting a house once..and had to use a 35 foot ladder to paint the very top...Sure as shit there was a bee nest under the shingles/roof.

Due to it being a colder morning(slowed the bees down)..I managed to escape.My legs couldn't move fast enough climbing down...Alot of cuss words outa me that morning.

I almost fell up there...My death would have been claimed as being accidental.

Those dam things..:(

Yellow jacket nest and a 35 foot ladder???? bummah man... bummah...

I've been on paint crews where we just sprayed them and went on... we did that with poison oak too... and no... we didn't get stung...

Once, I was priming boards out front of this house (huge lot) and because I was looking down, I began to see all these little flying shadows around me... hmmm, said I and looked up...

A swarm of bees were coming my direction... fortunately, my car was close by and I was able to get out of their path... laffs... I left the setup where it was... brush too... and called it a day. Since it was oil base primer and a hot day, it killed the brush...

The next day, the bees had taken up residence in a tree on the perimeter of the lot and we continued to work... and the day after that, they were gone.

ouch

Yellow jacket nest and a 35 foot ladder???? bummah man... bummah...

I've been on paint crews where we just sprayed them and went on... we did that with poison oak too... and no... we didn't get stung...

Once, I was priming boards out front of this house (huge lot) and because I was looking down, I began to see all these little flying shadows around me... hmmm, said I and looked up...

A swarm of bees were coming my direction... fortunately, my car was close by and I was able to get out of their path... laffs... I left the setup where it was... brush too... and called it a day. Since it was oil base primer and a hot day, it killed the brush...

The next day, the bees had taken up residence in a tree on the perimeter of the lot and we continued to work... and the day after that, they were gone.

Oooh Man...These things are not only ugly..but can pinch,and take a chunk a skin outa ya.

Had a bat in my cabin a week back...always fun to wake up to...I'd rather wake up to 3 bats a morning..than one of these dam thing geting into my cabin...all summer.

Anyways..A Jack Pine Beetle crept through my screen door a day later.These things are so fu_king nasty..that it's like the end of the world when one gets in.

I swear this bad boy was the size of a crayfish......

I always thought I was a man...ya might as well put a dress on my ass,when it comes to fighting these nasty things from hell...AUUUGH!!!

Forum List

Back