Anyone a rosarian?

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
Are me and my husband the only 20-something rosarians? I come from a family of florists (back when they had greenhouses and grew their own stuff) and my husband's parents and grandfather grew roses. So it's in our blood!

We bought our house 2 years ago and it only had one old variety of rose, but now we have over 40 roses bushes. Most are hybrid teas, but since it's a Victorian house, we're trying to add some antique varieties. And maybe some David Austins...

We also have a couple vegetables and herbs, boxwoods, lilacs, ferns, astilbe, hostas, bleeding hearts, fuscias, etc.

Geez, can you tell I have spring fever?! It was 65 degrees here the other day and now it's...17. Ugh. And our tulips are coming up! They're confused!

Huh.. Roses exist fine here, so long as they come in their own pot. Then they die. But, I dated a guy named David Austin when I was a teenager.. Does that count for anything?

I'd love to be able to grow them at will, tho...

Wisconsin...yeah, that might be difficult! But if you buy them from growers in Canada they at least have a fighting chance!

Forum List

Back