Anyone a knitter here?

I used to knit before my children grew up, but crocheted 50 or 60 items for the quilter's handicrafts table last spring. Seems there was a blue ribbon for a man's knitted vest one year half a lifetime ago. I love all the handicrafts and dressed all of us in knits and crocheted items. My favorite was a teal-colored fancy lace-crocheted dress for my daughter when she was about 4 years old and way too cute. :)

Later on, she let me know she didn't care for lace and to prove her point became a cop. hahahaha! She's still beautiful when she wants to be, though. :)

I don't knit but I found this at the Daily Mail and thought you knitters would get a kick out of this. It's amazing.

article-0-17196B07000005DC-104_634x491.jpg

article-0-17196A5C000005DC-659_634x525.jpg

article-0-17196AF4000005DC-188_634x536.jpg

article-0-17196AFB000005DC-249_634x572.jpg

article-0-17196AFF000005DC-177_634x460.jpg

I love this quote of hers..

My husband suggested I could knit the Thanksgiving dinner this year and save us all the cooking

Too cute and the full article is here.

Forget woolly sweaters - lobster, pizza and even pinot noir are fashioned from yarn by one knitting fanatic | Mail Online

I knit but can't follow patterns, can only knit in a straight line, lol. But everyone I know has a scarf! It's really relaxing and de-stresses me. I was taught when I was younger but then forgot about it and only took it up again recently, I re-taught myself watchign youtube vids. My mom crochets a lot but I've never been able to pick it up, no matter how many times she tries to show me how.

I knit but can't follow patterns, can only knit in a straight line, lol. But everyone I know has a scarf! It's really relaxing and de-stresses me. I was taught when I was younger but then forgot about it and only took it up again recently, I re-taught myself watchign youtube vids. My mom crochets a lot but I've never been able to pick it up, no matter how many times she tries to show me how.

Sure you can ChloeP80:

Here's a practice lace crochet that if you can follow, you can crochet 95% of the other patterns out there which use the same basic 5 or 6 stitches:

[ame="http://youtu.be/XUXEGj5qmp8"]How to Crochet a Lace Scallop Trim by Gwen Fisher with Doceri Software - YouTube[/ame]

Also, you can crochet this lace around the edge of a pillowcase, extending its life by 6 to 10 years in most cases. Crochet is not just another pretty face. It's practical for making sewn items last longer and look fabulous in the process. :)

And here's the (a) flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Gwen Fisher's flower that goes with the lace she made. Looks like a real pretty necklace to be or very special pillowcase border:

[ame=http://youtu.be/iol481tj9rY]How to Crochet a Layered Flower by Gwen Fisher - YouTube[/ame]

Found at youtube: way to get free yarn for cool projects (Don't see why you couldn't just knit them too once you follow her instructions for extending the "free" yarn:

[ame=http://youtu.be/SERA-c82Vmo]Recycle plastic shopping bags and make another bag! - YouTube[/ame]

:muahaha:

My friend is learning to knit and so I find myself sitting there with the needles in my hands as well. May take a while until I am able to produce a pullover myself but I am on my way ;)

I think everyone should learn, it's very stress-relieving and keeps your hands busy. Healthier and cheaper than smoking :)

Forum List

Back