Anyone a fan of pumping iron?

You're talking actual competition bodybuilders though. YOu don't really think they aren't on the juice, do you?

I had to balance my weights with the endurance fitness required by the Marines, plus I was an avid martial artist, so I never really got too big. At my age, I don't need that protein shake! I was always more of a strength lifter anyway, not much of a bodybuilder.

Actually, it depends on the competitions which are entered. There are "natural" contests for people who don't juice and they are VERY strict about what's allowed into their bodybuilders. My brother competed on and off for years, starting when he was in college. His last competiton was the week of his 40th birthday and he placed 2nd or 3rd (I can't remember which at the moment).

And he never, ever juiced......

Oh yeah...and he started training after the first time he saw Pumping Iron because R&J (where Ahhhhhhhhhhnold trained) was right near where we grew up. :)

Actually, it depends on the competitions which are entered. There are "natural" contests for people who don't juice and they are VERY strict about what's allowed into their bodybuilders. My brother competed on and off for years, starting when he was in college. His last competiton was the week of his 40th birthday and he placed 2nd or 3rd (I can't remember which at the moment).

And he never, ever juiced......

Oh yeah...and he started training after the first time he saw Pumping Iron because R&J (where Ahhhhhhhhhhnold trained) was right near where we grew up. :)

Yes, there are natural/drug free bodybuilders/contests. They do not represent the bodybuilding community to Joe Average.

I was inspired to start lifting because of a training parter of Arnold's late-60s-early-70s.

And I'll confess, my personal decision to not use steroids had nothing to do with any morals or concern for health side effects. I simply didn't want anything that wasn't real -- meaning, when you quit juicing, you lose a lot your gains. I wanted to be real, good day or no.

Yes, there are natural/drug free bodybuilders/contests. They do not represent the bodybuilding community to Joe Average.

I was inspired to start lifting because of a training parter of Arnold's late-60s-early-70s.

And I'll confess, my personal decision to not use steroids had nothing to do with any morals or concern for health side effects. I simply didn't want anything that wasn't real -- meaning, when you quit juicing, you lose a lot your gains. I wanted to be real, good day or no.

That's why I dont use creatine. Not the same thing by a long shot, but same concept.

That's why I dont use creatine. Not the same thing by a long shot, but same concept.

Actually, my experience with creatine is you keep whatever gains you make. It's one thing that actually works. The basic concept is it volumizes the water in the muscle cells.

I never saw it as much different than protein powders or the like, and I take about 20 different vitamins a day. That's as opposed to a chemical that once you quit taking it, you lose a lot. You quit taking creatine or any other generic supplement and you aren't going to lose much.

New Topics

Forum List

Back