Anybody wondering why Candy had the Rose Garden Transcript....

A lefty thinking?

Not a chance.

I'm not a lefty. At least, not in the definition of the word as you are appying it.

I'll bite, define your position...I would best be described as a "classic liberal".

Even though the l word gives me the willies.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology, a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with representative government under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedom.[1][2] [3]

The last two times I voted, I voted for a Conservative candidate. The time before that, it was a Liberal candidate.

My decision making for whom to vote for is dependent on what they are, who they are, and who is best for the job at the time we must vote to decide.

Classic liberals are progressives.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology, a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with representative government under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedom.[1][2] [3]

Your position is ill-informed, sorry.

I'm going to guess that she did her homework and prepared in advance of the debate. The campaigns were both notified that she planned to ask follow-up questions of the candidates during the debate. It would have been stupid for her to have failed to review for the Libya question.

that and you know internet.

She did recant. She said Mitt was right he just didn't frame it the right way.

She said Mitt was mistaken on the acts of terror comment. And, he was. Not only did Obama make that comment on the 12th, he made it twice on the 13th:

CNN Fact Check: A day after Libya attack, Obama described it as 'acts of terror' - CNN.com

I provided a link to one version of those comments (and a link to the entirety of his speech in Golden, Colorado) on another thread entitled Acts of Terror 9/13/2012 in this forum.

Even Candy admitted that Romney was right on Obama lying for two weeks afterwards. Terrorizing can easily be about the protest Obama made it out to be.

Obama didn't give the embassy what it needed in security and dragged our first amendment through the mud with the stupid video.

....and why Obama knew she had it?

Too funny.

She probably had a lot of transcripts knowing how Romney lied throughout the last debate. People wanted her to jump in and set that guy straight.

Btw, Obama won last night's debate. :lol:

He didn't say the Libya attack was an act of terror on that transcript. He went on and on and ON about how awful the video was, and how tragic blah blah blah...

And at the end he said we wouldn't tolerate acts of terror.

And for the next 2 weeks they just kept reiterating it was just a protest against the video that got out of hand....that isn't the same as saying it's an act of terror. Protest out of hand is not equal to act of terror.

Actually, you're incorrect. CNN has excerpted the portion of the transcript in which he made the remarks, and I linked it above.

Here are his comments from 9/13/2012:

Let me say at the outset that obviously our hearts are heavy this week -- we had a tough day a couple of days ago, for four Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Libya. Yesterday I had a chance to go over to the State Department to talk to friends and colleagues of those who were killed. And these were Americans who, like so many others, both in uniform and civilians, who serve in difficult and dangerous places all around the world to advance the interests and the values that we hold dear as Americans.

And a lot of times their work goes unheralded, doesn’t get a lot of attention, but it is vitally important. We enjoy our security and our liberty because of the sacrifices that they make. And they do an outstanding job every single day without a lot of fanfare. (Applause.)

So what I want all of you to know is that we are going to bring those who killed our fellow Americans to justice. (Applause.) I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished. It will not dim the light of the values that we proudly present to the rest of the world. No act of violence shakes the resolve of the United States of America. (Applause.)

And I’ve directed my administration to do whatever is necessary to protect all Americans who are serving abroad. It’s one of my highest priorities as President. And we’re also in contact with other governments to underscore that they’ve got an obligation to cooperate with us to protect our citizens. That’s part of their job.

Remarks by the President in Golden, CO | The White House

His use of the term "act of terror" (along with act of violence and do us harm) was in reference to the deaths of 4 American diplomats in Benghazi. The context of this transcript makes that clear.

You're simply wrong and regurgitating bullshit, yet again.

Last edited:
TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!!

I didn't believe in conspiracy theories until I figured out how the right wing used FEAR and 9/11 to take control of the country. Now they continually bank on keeping the country enmeshed in fear.

To the right wing, everything must be related to TERRORISM!

How many Americans, incidentally, have died from terrorism in the last year? Now, let's compare that number to the number of deaths from firearm accidents in the U.S.

Stupid, stupid people.

Too funny.

She probably had a lot of transcripts knowing how Romney lied throughout the last debate. People wanted her to jump in and set that guy straight.

Btw, Obama won last night's debate. :lol:

Obama came off as frustrated and hateful, in the audience Michelle had the same attitude. I think many folks may have been turned off by it.

TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!! TERRORISTS!!

I didn't believe in conspiracy theories until I figured out how the right wing used FEAR and 9/11 to take control of the country. Now they continually bank on keeping the country enmeshed in fear.

To the right wing, everything must be related to TERRORISM!

How many Americans, incidentally, have died from terrorism in the last year? Now, let's compare that number to the number of deaths from firearm accidents in the U.S.

Stupid, stupid people.

So get all the guns, that'll make us safe.

He did say "act of terror", but he then want around saying it was a goddamn movie for the next 2-3 weeks. He shits on our first amendment by bowing to the islamic world for 10 fucking days. Same thing he did with the law over the fucking Trayvon issue...

Act of terror in this context=protesters doing violent things. Terrorizing.

-Obama didn't give the embassy what it needed even so he knew before time that it was likely to be attacked.
-He blamed the stupid video and gave the islamic world a stage to slam our first amendment. Failing to stand up for our beliefs.
-As late as a week ago Carney was still lying about what happened
-Biden lied about needing more security

How the fuck can anyone think this admin is doing a good job is simply nuts.

He did say "act of terror", but he then want around saying it was a goddamn movie for the next 2-3 weeks. He shits on our first amendment by bowing to the islamic world for 10 fucking days. Same thing he did with the law over the fucking Trayvon issue...

Act of terror in this context=protesters doing violent things. Terrorizing.

-Obama didn't give the embassy what it needed even so he knew before time that it was likely to be attacked.
-He blamed the stupid video and gave the islamic world a stage to slam our first amendment. Failing to stand up for our beliefs.
-As late as a week ago Carney was still lying about what happened
-Biden lied about needing more security

How the fuck can anyone think this admin is doing a good job is simply nuts.

how DARE that black man (who's a secret muslim, we know it we know it) ever say that something someone said under our freedom of speech was an irresponsible thing to say. I say we lynch him.

in other news, tinfolil hats are on sale.

Too funny.

This is what you sound like:

birthers-forgot-racism.gif

Obama and the rest of his administration (on Obama's orders) blamed only the video for more then a week. Now he and his Lemmings, including Crowely are trying to lie their way out of it.

Here's a timeline of what happened with the Benghazi attacks. It's from thinkprogress, which normally I would not post as I consider it a biased source. However, in the case of this article, the timeline links to the news stories substantiating each day by day event.

I would encourage you to review it before you make asses of yourselves.

UPDATED: What Everyone Should Know About The Benghazi Attack | ThinkProgress

I worked for a law enforcement agency for quite a while. When serious crimes happen, law enforcement agencies typically release some but not all the details of the case, because the pertinent details may not all be known for days or weeks or even months. People who are interviewed forget details or change their stories. That's exactly the case with what happened here. The witnesses on the ground gave two different stories. Witnesses told NY Times reporters (and also FBI investigators) that the attacks were motivated by the video. Other witnesses stated that they were an opportunistic attack by local jihadists.

It's entirely likely that BOTH STORIES ARE TRUE. Ideology groups like that have agendas that are all over the map.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/w...ghazi-investigation.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&hp

To those on the ground, the circumstances of the attack are hardly a mystery. Most of the attackers made no effort to hide their faces or identities, and during the assault some acknowledged to a Libyan journalist working for The New York Times that they belonged to the group. And their attack drew a crowd, some of whom cheered them on, some of whom just gawked, and some of whom later looted the compound.

The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day. The assailants approvingly recalled a 2006 assault by local Islamists that had destroyed an Italian diplomatic mission in Benghazi over a perceived insult to the prophet. In June the group staged a similar attack against the Tunisian Consulate over a different film, according to the Congressional testimony of the American security chief at the time, Eric A. Nordstrom.

At a news conference the day after the ambassador and three other Americans were killed, a spokesman for Ansar al-Shariah praised the attack as the proper response to such an insult to Islam. “We are saluting our people for this zeal in protecting their religion, to grant victory to the prophet,” the spokesman said. “The response has to be firm.” Other Benghazi militia leaders who know the group say its leaders and ideology are all homegrown. Those leaders, including Ahmed Abu Khattala and Mohammed Ali Zahawi, fought alongside other commanders against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi. Their group provides social services and guards a hospital. And they openly proselytize for their brand of puritanical Islam and political vision.

They profess no interest in global fights against the West or distant battles aimed at removing American troops from the Arabian Peninsula.

Evidence Points to Disorganized Strike on U.S. Compound in Libya - SFGate
Instead, accounts from U.S. intelligence officials and Benghazi residents, along with evidence in the burned-out American diplomatic compound, point to a hasty and poorly organized act by men with basic military training and access to weapons widely available in Libya.

The attacks probably did not come from a peaceful uprising, or if there were peaceful protesters, those folks were used by the attackers as a cover. The attackers named BOTH THE VIDEO, and their desire to attack the U.S., as motives.

Forum List

Back