Anybody wanna cry? Very serious and depressing thread...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Awe man, I got to the gouged knee and shattered wrists and couldn't read anymore!

Bikes are cool, but stories like those are why I spend my money on cars instead.

Bikes don't kill people - people driving cars INTO bikes kill people.

:(

Awe man, I saw the RIP and figured I'd read the next thread.
Suicide is even worse than bad motorcycle accidents.

Since I dunno if I can read anymore of the first thread, can you tell me why his injuries were so bad that he took his own life? Was he paralyzed or horribly disfigured or something?

Either way, sad that he took his own life. I hope I NEVER get so depressed or frustrated that I consider it an option.

I'd rather be dead than be a vegetable, though, that's for sure...

Originally posted by -=d=-
Bikes don't kill people - people driving cars INTO bikes kill people.

:(

My point exactly, if it's not your error it's the other guy you have to worry about. And that other guy might be drunk and/or driving a caddy.

Well, I wish I haven't read that, but feel horrible in doing so. D, you are so right, it's the people in the other vehicles that are doing the killing. Just the other day, a co-worker, who, I never liked anyway, killed a 43 year old man on a motorcycle. The jerk wanted to make a left and the motorcycle was coming straight on, well, you know what happens next. And, they claim they don't know if it was the guy that hit the bike fault or not. Please, it's so obvious what happened here. I saw the bike lying on it's side, I also knew immediately by them closing the entire roadway, a fatality just happened. I just wonder if this ass can sleep at night knowing what he did.

They taught us when I went through a motorcycle saftey course, "NEVER KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE SAME SPOT FOR MORE THAN 2 SECONDS".

I'll tell ya, I've heard more than once that Phoenix is the most dangerous city in America to ride a bike in. There's so many accidents here, shit, it's dangerous to drive a CAR here, let alone a bike! I wouldn't ride here. Too dangerous.

But one point I'd like to make about a Harley, one of the things is if you put a set of drag pipes on a big twin, people "HEAR" you even before they "SEE" you. So for the blind sons a bitches that don't always look for bikes, it they don't see you coming, they damn sure HEAR you coming. It's like a "saftey feature" on a Harley.

Take this bike for example. This is Norma's bike. A girl I'm in school with. It's a 2002 FXDWG, and the pipes on it are Sampson Street Sweepers. Straight pipes on an 88 in. twin. These pipes are flat out LOUD on this 88 inch engine. They're just as loud when she backs off it as when she's on it. I guarantee people "hear" her even if they don't "see" her. I think that's a real good thing. I'm going to have loud ass pipes on my next bike too.

Notice the back pipe is missing the heat shield. One of the mounts vibrated off. Even though they replaced it for free later, I'm not sure I'd recommend Sampson pipes to anyone. This set was $350.

Ya, Phoenix is one of the most dangerous cities for bikers. Of course, there are some dumb ass bikers out there also!

My husband was coming home from work back when he used to work swing shifts. It was about 11 pm and he was getting on the freeway south bound on the I-17. Now I know Pale Rider will know what I'm talking about, but I'll try to explain this as best I can.

There are two lanes to get on the freeway, but once you pass the metered lights (those red/green lights that let one car go and then the other car go during rush hour) the two lanes merge into one and then eventually you can merge onto the freeway itself. Well, my husband was driving his Tacoma home and he was already in the lane that was merged and some biker decides that because he is faster and smaller he would speed up and try to pass my husband on the right side. Now let me tell you, I would never pass on the right on that merging lane because all you have is a wall on your right and the vehicle your trying to pass on your left. Well, my husband doesn't see him because the biker is now in a blind spot and who would be on his right anyways, it's a single lane and my husband winds up hitting the biker with the bed of his truck. The biker hits the wall and falls over. What's worse is the biker had a passenger and neither one of them were wearing helmets. My husband stayed and waited for the police and after about 2 hours my husband comes home telling me about what happened. That was about 2 years ago and we haven't heard anything about it since. The only thing the cops said to my husband right before he left was that "that guy is lucky that he and his passenger are alive. He's going to have a tough time recovering from the physical damages and financial damages and the tickets..." The biker got ticketed for breaking a few driving laws. :(

Don't tell me.... was it some young punk on a rice burner with his girl friend on the back? His very first motorcycle and had no riding in traffic experience at all? I know the type. They're accidents waiting happen.

I'm not sure what the age was of either of them because my husband never really "saw" them you know?

But ya, the guy was driving a crotch rocket. Totally dumb.

I always try to watch out for bikers if I see them, but I drive a big honking truck, so I may not see them if they are in a blind spot. Hell, I can't even see a Honda Civic if it's in my blind spot! :p:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I'm not sure what the age was of either of them because my husband never really "saw" them you know?

But ya, the guy was driving a crotch rocket. Totally dumb.

I always try to watch out for bikers if I see them, but I drive a big honking truck, so I may not see them if they are in a blind spot. Hell, I can't even see a Honda Civic if it's in my blind spot! :p:

And you make my point I made above perfectly. I don't care if I was in your blind spot, you SURE the hell will HEAR me there!

Ride Harley. They're safer... :D

I don't understand how some people in their cars just tailgate bikers like they're cars, not that I condone tailgating at all. It really pisses me off!!

But, it's like these people don't realize that if this biker loses control of their bike for any reason, they're going to fall! And it's a lot easier to lose control of a bike than a car. And if the biker falls, guess where they are going to fall? Right under the bastard that's tailgating! And you know who suffers the most? Bikers. Sure the person tailgating will more and likely be jailed and fined (if they're caught), but the biker will more and likely be dead. :mad:

What an aweful story. My ex dropped his bike once - the moron was screwing around, and the next thing I new he was sliding down the road, and wound up in the ditch.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
Take this bike for example. This is Norma's bike. A girl I'm in school with. It's a 2002 FXDWG, and the pipes on it are Sampson Street Sweepers. Straight pipes on an 88 in. twin. These pipes are flat out LOUD on this 88 inch engine. They're just as loud when she backs off it as when she's on it. I guarantee people "hear" her even if they don't "see" her. I think that's a real good thing. I'm going to have loud ass pipes on my next bike too.

Notice the back pipe is missing the heat shield. One of the mounts vibrated off. Even though they replaced it for free later, I'm not sure I'd recommend Sampson pipes to anyone. This set was $350.

Now that's a beautiful bike, and looks like it might be my size! :cool:

Forum List

Back