Anybody know what this is?

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Don't worry if you don't. I know what it is. I just want to give it a few days to see if there are any other knowledgeable folks that can work off of my picture.

Attachments

• 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 271
Cool beans. A flower spike--maybe only happens once every so many great whiles?

Don't worry if you don't. I know what it is. I just want to give it a few days to see if there are any other knowledgeable folks that can work off of my picture.
. It's the big fuzzy monster from Monsters Inc. standing just to the right of the flag pole on top of the house. See his eyes and mouth shining, and then the silowett of his body ? Hmmmmmmmm. LOL

Agave bloom, only occurs once.

You were the first one to get it right. Somebody at work told me they saw one of these plants in bloom. Luckily I knew what he was talking about. I went and seen it as soon as I got off work. I may never see this again in my lifetime. This is a rare sight.

Looks like a "century plant", otherwise called a Mexican agave. I believe it takes a long time for them to flower like the one in your picture.

You got it. I was fortunate to find out about this agave plant in full bloom. I went to see it as soon as I could.

Agave bloom, only occurs once.

You were the first one to get it right. Somebody at work told me they saw one of these plants in bloom. Luckily I knew what he was talking about. I went and seen it as soon as I got off work. I may never see this again in my lifetime. This is a rare sight.

I've seen a few in my time. Many people here have an Agave in their yard.

Forum List

Back