Anybody know the US Dept Ed had an Inspector General?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I didn't know the US Dept of Education issues about 30 to 55 criminal warrants per year. A federal Swat Team locked up some poor guy in Stocton Ca. at 6AM. Local news said that the man's estranged wife had defaulted on her student loan. Later the Dept Ed. "clarified?" the arrest by issueing a statement that they dont raid homes for student loan defaults but they do execute 30=35 warrants for "bribery, fraud and embezzlement". No explanation for locking the guy up though. Didn't the Feds learn anything from the "seige at Ruby Ridge" or the Waco debacle? Just when we thought we had a handle on the wacky ways of the ATF we find out that the Dept of Education issues criminal warrants.

The power of the federal government is awesome. Let me rephrase it, the federal government has the power to arrest you for the most convoluted technical charges or kill you if you resist. The Founding Fathers knew how powerful government could become. That's why they established the Constitution which was and is a restriction on federal power. When you bestow the presumptuous title of "general" to an employee of the "department of education" and give him an easy access to federal enforcement you are likely to get stupid abuses of federal power.

I didn't know the US Dept of Education issues about 30 to 55 criminal warrants per year. A federal Swat Team locked up some poor guy in Stocton Ca. at 6AM. Local news said that the man's estranged wife had defaulted on her student loan. Later the Dept Ed. "clarified?" the arrest by issueing a statement that they dont raid homes for student loan defaults but they do execute 30=35 warrants for "bribery, fraud and embezzlement". No explanation for locking the guy up though. Didn't the Feds learn anything from the "seige at Ruby Ridge" or the Waco debacle? Just when we thought we had a handle on the wacky ways of the ATF we find out that the Dept of Education issues criminal warrants.

You forgot to post your link so the issue can be objectively researched.

Not that no one believes you…
The power of the federal government is awesome. Let me rephrase it, the federal government has the power to arrest you for the most convoluted technical charges or kill you if you resist. The Founding Fathers knew how powerful government could become. That's why they established the Constitution which was and is a restriction on federal power. When you bestow the presumptuous title of "general" to an employee of the "department of education" and give him an easy access to federal enforcement you are likely to get stupid abuses of federal power.

Again, without a link in your first post there’s no way to review the incident in question to establish if indeed any Constitutional rights were violated.

Forum List

Back