Anybody know the spokesperson who said...

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
"…America led the world in constructing an architecture to keep the peace: a Marshall Plan and a United Nations, mechanisms to govern the waging of war, treaties to protect human rights, prevent genocide, restrict the most dangerous weapons.

The ideals of liberty and self-determination, equality and the rule of law have haltingly advanced. We are the heirs of the fortitude and foresight of generations past, and it is a legacy for which my own country is rightfully proud.

We must begin by acknowledging the hard truth: We will not eradicate violent conflict in our lifetimes. There will be times when nations -- acting individually or in concert -- will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified.

Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism -- it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.

The United States of America has helped underwrite global security for more than six decades with the blood of our citizens and the strength of our arms. The service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform has promoted peace and prosperity from Germany to Korea, and enabled democracy to take hold in places like the Balkans. We have borne this burden not because we seek to impose our will. We have done so out of enlightened self-interest -- because we seek a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if others' children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity.
So yes, the instruments of war do have a role to play in preserving the peace.

I understand why war is not popular, but I also know this: The belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it."

All were spoken by the same individual.

The United States of America has helped underwrite global security for more than six decades with the blood of our citizens and the strength of our arms. The service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform has promoted peace and prosperity from Germany to Korea, and enabled democracy to take hold in places like the Balkans. We have borne this burden not because we seek to impose our will. We have done so out of enlightened self-interest -- because we seek a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if others' children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity.

By keeping Europe, Korea, Japan and other regions safe we freed them from having to invest a large portion of their GDP on defense and allowed them to prosper economically. Having a "big brother" like the US to watch over you does help world peace.

There was a time not too long ago when the biggest threat to peace was national interests. Because of the US role as Superpower, that threat has been replaced by ideologies and not nationalities

Not a bad acceptance speech for an award he didn't deserve

"…America led the world in constructing an architecture to keep the peace: a Marshall Plan and a United Nations, mechanisms to govern the waging of war, treaties to protect human rights, prevent genocide, restrict the most dangerous weapons.

The ideals of liberty and self-determination, equality and the rule of law have haltingly advanced. We are the heirs of the fortitude and foresight of generations past, and it is a legacy for which my own country is rightfully proud.

We must begin by acknowledging the hard truth: We will not eradicate violent conflict in our lifetimes. There will be times when nations -- acting individually or in concert -- will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified.

Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism -- it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.

I understand why war is not popular, but I also know this: The belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it."

All were spoken by the same individual.
Eh, another person who thinks the USA is exceptional. It's that old American exceptionalism speaking.

(Good speech, Mr. President)

George W Bush

As has been evidenced by him, and later reinforced by Obama

Words do not make a decnt presidency!!

(quotes 1, 4 and 5 are give aways-- I remeber Bush saying something to that effect. )

George W Bush

As has been evidenced by him, and later reinforced by Obama

Words do not make a decnt presidency!!

(quotes 1, 4 and 5 are give aways-- I remeber Bush saying something to that effect. )

Come on, if you read the thread carefully, you'd know that it wasn't President Bush.

Maybe this guy is even tougher than the Texas cowboy, huh?

Forum List

Back