Anybody heard of LoveLine?

T

TheEnemyWithin

I found the show by accident one time when I was going through the stations on the radio...here in Tulsa I listen on 104.5 the Edge. (www.edgetulsa.com)

These two guys, Adam and Drew host the show...Adam is a bleeding-heart athiest who I think is completely whacko, Drew is an athiest also but doesn't want to admit it. I think the show is stupid but I listen anyway because it's either them or Tony Snow! :D

TheEnemyWithin said:
I found the show by accident one time when I was going through the stations on the radio...here in Tulsa I listen on 104.5 the Edge. (www.edgetulsa.com)

These two guys, Adam and Drew host the show...Adam is a bleeding-heart athiest who I think is completely whacko, Drew is an athiest also but doesn't want to admit it. I think the show is stupid but I listen anyway because it's either them or Tony Snow! :D

Why don't you like Tony Snow?

The medical info given is educational. Their personalities suck. I guess they think calling people stupid will win them viewers.
If anyone needs sexual info, this woman, Sue Johanson (or something like that) is very good.

krisy said:
Why don't you like Tony Snow?

Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree with Snow at all...it's just that his show is rather...lackluster IMHO. Laura Ingraham beats him good. :D

Joz said:
The medical info given is educational. Their personalities suck. I guess they think calling people stupid will win them viewers.
If anyone needs sexual info, this woman, Sue Johanson (or something like that) is very good.

Kev found her show late one night while flipping around. Initially,we were cracking up. I've never heard an older woman talk so much about sex!!! She does seem to have advice or knowledge of just about everything though!

TheEnemyWithin said:
Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree with Snow at all...it's just that his show is rather...lackluster IMHO. Laura Ingraham beats him good. :D

I have never heard it. I liked him on Fox News tho. I believe he is from somewhere around where I live-Cincinnati.

krisy said:
Kev found her show late one night while flipping around. Initially,we were cracking up. I've never heard an older woman talk so much about sex!!! She does seem to have advice or knowledge of just about everything though!
I don't have cable so it's been quite awhile since I've seen her. But that's how I discovered her, too. She use to be aired just out of Canada, but now she comes from NYC, too. I've seen her on Letterman. He gets soooo embarrassed. She doesn't bat an eye about any question.

TheEnemyWithin said:

Actually, this used to be a TV show on MTV about 8-10 years ago, with the same hosts. People in the audience would pass the micorphoen around, or would get up and be behind a screen if they wanted to remain anonymous. They also took callers from other states.

I watched this religeously as a teen, actually learning more about STDs than what I learned in school. Watching the show made me want to abstain from sex until marriage, because of the stuff I watched (and heard) these other teens go through, and how scared they were that they had a disease, and such.

Adam was pretty crude back then, and from what I hear, he still is. Dr. Drew was very cool to listen to, and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

I've heard the radio show a few times, although it's on at 10PM here, so I'm usually asleep.

BTW, TEW, if you're going to quote me in your sig, at least get the quote right.

Loveline actually started at KROQ radio in LA in 1983.....it was very popular, because it had the local "stars" of the times on the air, as well, offering suggestions for whatever sexual questions callers posed.

I was stationed in Orange County at the time, and remember listening every Sunday night, and laughing quite a bit at the stuff people would "confess" while on the air. There were also some very sober conversations about Aids awareness, and STD protection and treatment, too.

Certainly not everyone's "cup 'o tea" but a good place to learn the realities of a sexual world when parents don't discuss those kind of things with their children.

Joz said:
I don't have cable so it's been quite awhile since I've seen her. But that's how I discovered her, too. She use to be aired just out of Canada, but now she comes from NYC, too. I've seen her on Letterman. He gets soooo embarrassed. She doesn't bat an eye about any question.

Anybody remember Dr. Ruth? We listened to her show as teens and would laugh. Some people would call up with obviously stupid questions just trying to embarrass the old lady, she plugged right along with it though.

Yeah, Loveline's basically a hipper, younger version of Dr. Ruth.

For those who don't know, Adam from Loveline is Adam Carolla, co-host of the Man Show and co-creator of Crank Yankers. I am curious as to why he and Dr. Drew were talking about their being atheists on a show like LoveLine, though.

Dan said:
Yeah, Loveline's basically a hipper, younger version of Dr. Ruth.

For those who don't know, Adam from Loveline is Adam Carolla, co-host of the Man Show and co-creator of Crank Yankers. I am curious as to why he and Dr. Drew were talking about their being atheists on a show like LoveLine, though.

Well, Adam's logic is basically this: "If a little girl gets F-ed by her uncle at eight, there must be no God or He wouldn't let s--- like that happen." :alco: :bs1:

It's a mystery to me.

Well, Adam's logic is basically this: "If a little girl gets F-ed by her uncle at eight, there must be no God or He wouldn't let s--- like that happen."

Oh, I see. They never said anything like that on the TV show, but I've never heard the radio show. Oh well, they should stick to the issues and quit sharing their opinions on religion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Joz
I also remember the TV show. I would sometimes watch it. There were some real freaks that would call in. It was good for laughs.

Forum List

Back