Anybody heard of LoveLine?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by TheEnemyWithin, Jun 12, 2005.

1. TheEnemyWithin

TheEnemyWithin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I found the show by accident one time when I was going through the stations on the radio...here in Tulsa I listen on 104.5 the Edge. (www.edgetulsa.com)

These two guys, Adam and Drew host the show...Adam is a bleeding-heart athiest who I think is completely whacko, Drew is an athiest also but doesn't want to admit it. I think the show is stupid but I listen anyway because it's either them or Tony Snow! :D

2. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

Why don't you like Tony Snow?

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    The medical info given is educational. Their personalities suck. I guess they think calling people stupid will win them viewers.
    If anyone needs sexual info, this woman, Sue Johanson (or something like that) is very good.

4. TheEnemyWithin

TheEnemyWithin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree with Snow at all...it's just that his show is rather...lackluster IMHO. Laura Ingraham beats him good. :D

5. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Kev found her show late one night while flipping around. Initially,we were cracking up. I've never heard an older woman talk so much about sex!!! She does seem to have advice or knowledge of just about everything though!

6. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112

I have never heard it. I liked him on Fox News tho. I believe he is from somewhere around where I live-Cincinnati.

7. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    I don't have cable so it's been quite awhile since I've seen her. But that's how I discovered her, too. She use to be aired just out of Canada, but now she comes from NYC, too. I've seen her on Letterman. He gets soooo embarrassed. She doesn't bat an eye about any question.

8. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    Actually, this used to be a TV show on MTV about 8-10 years ago, with the same hosts. People in the audience would pass the micorphoen around, or would get up and be behind a screen if they wanted to remain anonymous. They also took callers from other states.

I watched this religeously as a teen, actually learning more about STDs than what I learned in school. Watching the show made me want to abstain from sex until marriage, because of the stuff I watched (and heard) these other teens go through, and how scared they were that they had a disease, and such.

Adam was pretty crude back then, and from what I hear, he still is. Dr. Drew was very cool to listen to, and he seemed to know what he was talking about.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I've heard the radio show a few times, although it's on at 10PM here, so I'm usually asleep.

BTW, TEW, if you're going to quote me in your sig, at least get the quote right.

10. Fmr jarhead

Fmr jarhead Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Loveline actually started at KROQ radio in LA in 1983.....it was very popular, because it had the local "stars" of the times on the air, as well, offering suggestions for whatever sexual questions callers posed.

I was stationed in Orange County at the time, and remember listening every Sunday night, and laughing quite a bit at the stuff people would "confess" while on the air. There were also some very sober conversations about Aids awareness, and STD protection and treatment, too.

Certainly not everyone's "cup 'o tea" but a good place to learn the realities of a sexual world when parents don't discuss those kind of things with their children.