Anybody ever learned anything....

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
....from an adversary on a messageboard? We all tend to shout over each other, especially on heated topics.
I'd say that when I first started posting I was very anti gun. Still am to a degree, but I have changed my mind on gun registration. I think it is futile. That change of heart was a direct result of posting to righties/gunnies on messageboards.

PS: dunno if this is the right forum....:O)

....from an adversary on a messageboard? We all tend to shout over each other, especially on heated topics.
I'd say that when I first started posting I was very anti gun. Still am to a degree, but I have changed my mind on gun registration. I think it is futile. That change of heart was a direct result of posting to righties/gunnies on messageboards.

I find that on most issues we are pretty much entrenched. But the issue my mind was changed about was also a gun issue. I used to reflexively think that the Automatic Weapons Ban was a good thing. Then on one messageboard, I was given the opportunity to actually read and discuss it. One person in particular changed my mind on the subject.

Now I just think it's a pointless law and we should simply enforce the laws we have.

Actually it was a totally different messageboard from before my time on USMB. My original stance on homosexual unions was that there was absolutely no call to legitimize it, and that a Federal DOMA was a good thing. It was during one of several long, LONG threads that I revised my stance to where it is today - that homosexual unions should be left to the individual states; and, that no Federal law whould be enacted regarding marriage or civil unions.

BTW, I refer to that board as DailyKOS-East or as an antechamber to the DU. It's funny that most of that board's members lean so far to the left that they would be called fringe lefties around these parts, yet they consider themselves to be "mainstream." Just goes to show that perspective begets our realities. But I did enjoy finding the few thinking liberals amongst the flock of raging librull moonbats - I'm wiser today, in part, because of them.

I know I have on some issues, primarily in losing some faith in our leaders to have a little forsight w/ regard to the mess in Iraq

i call bullshit on both grump and jill....i personally changed your opinions on several things.....and if we had cool smileys i would insert the "taking the piss" one here

I realized that most people are functionally retarded. Before then I'd been confined to a "bubble" of smart people so to speak. Messageboards showed me just how stupid people can be. There's this one board on Facebook that I'm convinced drains people's IQ.

Interesting perspective. I find some people ignorant but interesting at the same time!

Forum List

Back