Anybody Else Watch hulu?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
I didn't know about it until I saw the ads during the Super Bowl. Since then I've watched all kinds of stuff on it. Not much high deg stuff but whats there is good, and they seem to add stuff everyday. I think it's cool. It's the future. I see now they're putting TV tuners in most higher end computers. That's what it's coming to. Your computer and entertainment center will all be incorporated into one sooner or later. I use my 32" Sony Bravia LCD as computer monitor now, and it has PIP, so I can watch TV and browse, or listen to internet radio, or watch internet TV. I think it's great.

LOL ... look under the Computer section, the thread Hulu rules for my complete answer. But yeah, it IS the future of media.

LOL ... look under the Computer section, the thread Hulu rules for my complete answer. But yeah, it IS the future of media.

Shit... 'spouse I should have looked there first... :tongue:

But yeah, the future is going to be having all your media in one unit. Computer, TV, radio, whatever. It'll all be one. It's a good idea. I used to hate having six or seven remote controls laying around for all the different crap. What a hassle. I love it all in one.

But yeah, the future is going to be having all your media in one unit. Computer, TV, radio, whatever. It'll all be one. It's a good idea. I used to hate having six or seven remote controls laying around for all the different crap. What a hassle. I love it all in one.

Oh, and for the environuts it's a good thing to, only one machine on all the time ... save energy to boot. The radio is already making the move to online, check out WinAmp for Windoze or Amarok for Linux, don't know the Mac one. Shoutcast radio ... oh yeah. My big thing is it's all on demand, I love being able to choose what to watch and when instead of having to worry about their schedules and trying to record what I will miss because of conflicts (the shows I like are never on when I can watch them). I do almost everything through my computer now, well, my desktop. My primary laptop is just for when I am at coffee with a friend, my other laptops are just antiques because I love collecting them (considering getting ahold of an old Apple ][e for the memories).

Oh, and for the environuts it's a good thing to, only one machine on all the time ... save energy to boot. The radio is already making the move to online, check out WinAmp for Windoze or Amarok for Linux, don't know the Mac one. Shoutcast radio ... oh yeah. My big thing is it's all on demand, I love being able to choose what to watch and when instead of having to worry about their schedules and trying to record what I will miss because of conflicts (the shows I like are never on when I can watch them). I do almost everything through my computer now, well, my desktop. My primary laptop is just for when I am at coffee with a friend, my other laptops are just antiques because I love collecting them (considering getting ahold of an old Apple ][e for the memories).

The choices are becoming endless. Personally, between what I already have as a audio and video library, there's Pandora the genome project and WMP internet radio. You can find ANYTHING there, and now hulu. It's the best online TV I've seen yet. They have true high def. I love it.

As I have said ... the switch to digital TV in the US is too late, and thus now just a huge waste of money. We have better things online than what cable even offers. Right now I am watching streaming movies ... for free. Commercial free even, my TV is just background noise when I am programming, which if I had to could just use my PS as a CD player in place of it if I wanted to, or ... just flip on Amarok and listen to my ripped CD tracks or radio. "I love livin in the future."

New Topics

Forum List

Back