Anybody Been To?

Mr. P said:
Only two? Gee, if you would have just done three...too bad..
Anyways... getting back to the topic since you deserve no further responses..

I never want to go to South West Texas because of what I hear I doubt they would like me all that much.. I've heard several people say that GA is a racist state but several ppl say that it isn't in anyway... So how bad is it?

kancer43 said:

I never want to go to South West Texas because of what I hear I doubt they would like me all that much.. I've heard several people say that GA is a racist state but several ppl say that it isn't in anyway... So how bad is it?
Oh hell..it's bad here...well depending on your view I guess..we still hang people here.

Mr. P said:
Oh hell..it's bad here...well depending on your view I guess..we still hang people here.
my intention was not to ask you... I am not black... I'm half Jewish... and some ppl don't like that... and yet again... I am not asking you... Please take your useless posts elsewhere and stop responding to mine...

kancer43 said:
my intention was not to ask you... I am not black... I'm half Jewish... and some ppl don't like that... and yet again... I am not asking you... Please take your useless posts elsewhere and stop responding to mine...
You ask...I answered...get with the program kid, that's how it works..I said nothing about race, nor religion did I? We hang em ALL.

Mr. P said:
You ask...I answered...get with the program kid, that's how it works..I said nothing about race, nor religion did I? We hang em ALL.
you get with the program and stop acting like a child...

kancer43 said:

You're posting on a public board - therefore, you have no say-so over who answers you, and who doesn't.. Sorry... That's not how it works.

kancer43 said:
considering the fact that Elton John owns a house in GA I some how doubt they hang everything...
Key word "owns"...doesn't mean he lives here. You say your part Jewish and worried about that...well, ALL the Jewish folk pass right by here on the way to Florida..

Mr. P said:
Key word "owns"...doesn't mean he lives here. You say your part Jewish and worried about that...well, ALL the Jewish folk pass right by here on the way to Florida..
Good... then I have a feeling I'll have some entertainment...

Mr. P said:
Only if you like rope and a six pack in the back of a pick-up.. ;)
racism doesn't scare me... it amuses me... I don't believe in backing down and I wasn't taught to be afraid... And even if it is racist, I'll be living on base, and going to country clubs with my then husband's rich family... lol...

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. — Anna Eleanor Roosevelt

Hatred is never anything but fear – if you feared no one, you would hate no one. — Hugh Downs

kancer43 said:
After I'm done Basic Training I'm getting stationed in Georgia... I've never been there, so has anybody here? If so, what's it like?

Savannah is very nice, if you get a chance to go there on weekends, very quaint!!

kancer43 said:
do you have some sort of ridiculous ambition to deride everything that I post? Please take your insolence elsewhere and stop assuming... If you read my previous posts before responding with nonsense... You would read that I wrote about when I used to play military with my Barbie dolls... how old was I when I played with barbies? 5... I grew up in a military family... this was normal for me and something that I always wanted to do... If anything should be in question it should be your motives to disparage eberything that I post...
He just seems to love to do that to everybody. See, when you have low self-esteem, you have to pick on others to make yourself feel superior. You'll get used to it then you will just start laughing at his ignorance.

kancer43 said:

SW Texas is nice. If you think SW Texas is racist, wait till you get to southern Georgia! :laugh: I lived in Savannah for nearly three years (again, Hinesville actually - Ft. Stewart) and the blacks were as racist, if not more so, thant the whites. It is not a bad place and as you mentioned elsewhere, you will be on base and around other military personnel, so it ain't all that bad.

Bring blankets along for picnics, they have chiggers there. We don't have little creatures that bite you in our grass here!

I live in Georgia, and here's the lowdown. It basically depends on where you get stationed.

Universally Georgia - these traits are found anywhere in the state:
Hot - While it usually doesn't top 100, summer temps usually stay above 90 during the day in the summertime. Very mild winters, though. It hardly ever snows.
Humid - Georgia has dozens of lakes and rivers, plus a coastline. Be prepared to drink the air.
Wildlife - More species of plant and animal than you can shake a stick at. Of course, that means more allergies than you can shake a stick at, too.
Friendly - People in Georgia have inherited the fabled "Southern Hospitality." Expect politeness, manners, and respect anywhere you go. Those who don't give it to you had a bad mamma. If you're wearing your uniform, it gets even better.
Girls - Those guys in New England claim their girls are the best looking because they have more models. Bullcrap! Their girls are only good-looking in a fake way because they have on too much makeup. I mean, look at the Kerry kids (ugh, face as long as a horse's). Georgia girls are good looking with normal clothes and no makeup on. It's a fact, and due to the previous entry, they're the kind of girls your parents would approve of.

North Georgia - These things are true in North Georgia, which is the Atlanta area and north of it.
Mountains - Get used to walking up and down hills.
Atlanta - It's noisy, crowded, and loads of fun. Just don't try to drive...whithin a 100 mile radius.
Water - The Chattahoochie River and Lake Sidney Lanier should keep the outdoorsman in you entertained.

South Georgia - This is everywhere south of the larger Atlanta area. I don't really know that much about it since I don't live there.
Swamps - Not as bad as Louisianna, but pretty bad.
Mosquitos - If you spray on bug repellant, they'll just dump you in the river to watch it off before eating you. You might just want to pack heat.

Pretty good description, especially about the humidity, mosquitos, and walking up and down hills. Good state, interesting to visit.

Forum List

Back