Any Way To Sue The ACLU?

I wouldn't sue I'd rather have the money spent on this complete waste of time.
The suit argues that the defendants “knew or should have known that the search, seizure and detention of the plaintiffs were without reasonable or probable cause, and were therefore unlawful under the circumstance
Probable Cause is all the cops need and in this case it wasn't search and seizure but a group of 14 sardines crammed into a van. Let me see here if any of us went to any country that English wasn't spoken as the prime language I can bet any of yous we'd all have to show some sort of ID and give the reason of our visit in this same situation and if we couldn’t provide said documents we’d be detained and possibly tortured at worst but for sure interrogated thoroughly. So WTF is this about anyways? :rolleyes:

"The Rhode Island Affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union yesterday filed a federal lawsuit against the state police, alleging racial profiling and violation of the constitutional rights of 14 Guatemalan nationals during a July traffic stop that led to their detention by immigration officials."

Ah, yes, those Guatemalan nationals, enriching us with their diversity. Thank God we have the Jewish attorneys of the ACLU to step up on their behalf. I wonder... what legal group is out there to defend the rights of American citizens? 'Cause they're not working hard enough.

The ACLU actually does some good things. But they always undo whatever good they do by immediately proceeding to do some ham handed activity like this.

At the heart of it, the ACLU defends the poor, the powerless and people who piss us off. They represent people who are loathsome or say and do loathsome things. This annoys the powerful sometimes, but it is an essential function in our society.

BTW, and not for nuttin', as we say in Rhode Island, referring to the ACLU as a bunch of "Jewish lawyers" reveals an unschooled, bigoted mind. The ACLU exist for the sole purpose of defending all of us from such soft bigotry when it is practiced by an instrumentality of government.

Well first they would have to have done some sort of damage to you personally.
That's the usual starting point for lawsuits.

Yes, you are right. It's just that they are so Un American and do everything in their power to bring down the United States to gutter level. Anything that most decent, moral people want, they have to destroy it. They are the second most worse enemy that we have among us today. The first being the US Supreme Court.

The ACLU actually does some good things. But they always undo whatever good they do by immediately proceeding to do some ham handed activity like this.

At the heart of it, the ACLU defends the poor, the powerless and people who piss us off. They represent people who are loathsome or say and do loathsome things. This annoys the powerful sometimes, but it is an essential function in our society.

I'm not powerful, and the ACLU certainly annoys me. While I'm sure there was some seed of genuine concern for rights in the foundation of the ACLU, that foundation crumbled long ago. Throwing out the token, half hearted mask of impartiality for a front (See! They help Rush Limbaugh!) is far exceeded by the blantent bias and actions that are right out of the book for the far left wing agenda. Stalin would be proud.

BTW, and not for nuttin', as we say in Rhode Island, referring to the ACLU as a bunch of "Jewish lawyers" reveals an unschooled, bigoted mind. The ACLU exist for the sole purpose of defending all of us from such soft bigotry when it is practiced by an instrumentality of government.

Depends. Are they a bunch of Jewish lawyers? Don't make mountains out of molehills.

Yes, you are right. It's just that they are so Un American and do everything in their power to bring down the United States to gutter level. Anything that most decent, moral people want, they have to destroy it. They are the second most worse enemy that we have among us today. The first being the US Supreme Court.

ROTFLMFAO!!! :clap2: :rofl:

I can see you all need to be brought back to reality...the ACLU is an extremely patriotic, freedom-loving organization that exists to support and defend the Bill of Rights against the constant attacks from the far right. The ACLU defends your liberty everyday from, especially, an administration that simply hates the Bill of Rights. The ACLU is involved with a multitude of personal freedom issues, just visit www.aclu.org and read about the many cases ACLU is involved with.

Before you get too confused about us taking the piss out of you, read up on the partial abortion ban and see how the US Supreme Court is now a judicially active right-wing tribunal. You should be pleased that the Bush Administration has turned it into a shameless politically partisan court because when the Democratic Party is in the majority in the Congress and has an administration in the White House, the Supreme Court will be the bulwark against progressive policy in the US. Only they will stand in the way of creating a good society and they are very powerful and will act to protect the interests of the privileged against the un-privileged. I assume you are one of the privileged, you're probably wealthy, perhaps a business person who doesn't want the hindrance of things such as fair employment laws. That makes sense because in a democracy we all vote for our own interests. Fear not though, your privilege will be protected by the Supreme Court for quite some years yet.

Forum List

Back