Any Truth to This One?

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
READ AND HEED

PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE

Emails with pictures of Osama Bin-Laden hanged are being sent and the moment that you open these emails your computer will crash and you will not be able to fix it!

If you get an email along the lines of 'Osama Bin Laden Captured' or 'Osama Hanged', don't open the attachment.

This e-mail is being distributed through countries around the globe, but mainly in the US and Israel

Be considerate &send this warning to who ever you know.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AN D CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next few days:
Do not open any message with an attached file called 'Invitation' regardless of who sent it.

It is a virus that opens an Olympic Torch which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail to all your contacts.

It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it
If you receive a mail called 'invitation' , though sent by a friend, do not open it and shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN, it has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

SEND THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

I don't know what the big deal is.

I opened it, and...yeah, it destroyed my computer...but just bought another one.

According to Snopes, this one makes it around periodically and yes, the attachments are malicious.

wrong. you linked to the virus.
Do you try to be a moron, or does it come naturally?

[Collected via e-mail, 2004]

Hey, Just got this from CNN, Osama Bin Laden has been captured! A video and some pictures have been released. Go to the link below for pictures, I will update the page with the video as soon as I can.

Osama Found Hanged

Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday evening.

As evidence they took several photos, some of which i have included here.

As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early photos over the internet..

[Collected via e-mail, 2005]

Turn on your TV.
Osama Bin Laden has been captured.

While CNN has no pictures at this point of time, the military channel (PPV) released some pictures.
I managed to capture a couple of these pictures off my TV.
Ive attached a slideshow containing all the pictures I managed to capture.
I apologize for the low quality, its the best I could do at this point of time.
Hopefully CNN will have pictures and a video soon.

God bless the USA!

Variations: In mid-2006 the "Osama" virus warnings were combined with the text of the (hoax) "Invitation" virus warning.

Origins: There are few headlines that would grab the attention of more computer users around the world than news of Osama bin Laden's having been captured or killed, so that's exactly the bait pranksters have used more than once in attempting to lure
unsuspecting victims users of Microsoft Windows platforms into installing malicious code onto their computers.

In July 2004 a message claiming to offer links to photographs of Osama Bin Laden's suicide was spammed to multiple newsgroups. The links actually tricked users into opening a file that installed the Backdoor.Hacarmy.D trojan horse.

....​
[Emphasis added]

educate yourself about the meaning of "outdated" and "hoax", then come back and whine some more.

wrong. you linked to the virus.

Hey, Just got this from CNN, Osama Bin Laden has been captured! A video and some pictures have been released. Go to the link below for pictures, I will update the page with the video as soon as I can.

Osama Found Hanged

Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wedensday evening.

As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early photos over the internet..

Turn on your TV.

While CNN has no pictures at this point of time, the military channel (PPV) released some pictures.

God bless the USA!

Variations: In mid-2006 the "Osama" virus warnings were combined with the text of the (hoax) "Invitation" virus warning.

Origins: There are few headlines that would grab the attention of more computer users around the world than news of Osama bin Laden's having been captured or killed, so that's exactly the bait pranksters have used more than once in attempting to lure
unsuspecting victims users of Microsoft Windows platforms into installing malicious code onto their computers.

In July 2004 a message claiming to offer links to photographs of Osama Bin Laden's suicide was spammed to multiple newsgroups. The links actually tricked users into opening a file that installed the Backdoor.Hacarmy.D trojan horse.

....​
[Emphasis added]

educate yourself about the meaning of "outdated" and "hoax", then come back and whine some more.
I edited. For once, you happen to be right.

Osama Found Hanged

Turn on your TV.

God bless the USA!

....​
[Emphasis added]

I edited. For once, you happen to be right.

ja ja, shit happens.

Forum List

Back