Any thoughts on whats going on in Korea people?

Would the loader and driver be part of the same chain of command?

What about pay scale?

I've heard some Army and Marine officers today object to the pay private contractors receive in combat zones?

I think the question Einstein and Russell asked 55 years ago regarding war's end game is more relevant.

"...shall we put an end to the human race; or shall mankind renounce war."

Maybe a specie that kills its young for money or glory is hardwired to self-destruct about the time its weapons begin leaving its planet's surface?

Upper Division Natural Selection?

The loader and driver would receive more pay than the other 2 because the company does not give the benefits the Government provides to the soldiers..

I'm expecting it will blow over. As others have said this is all about Kim's son and the transfer of power. A scenario that makes the son look fit to lead is all that NK is looking for.

But this is worrying. I can see some of Obama's advisors pushing for war and Obama has had trouble in the past actually keeping the military in line. I'm sure it's been pointed out more than once in the War room that this is the perfect justification to hit NK's nuke facilities.

This needs to be watched carefully. Seoul is likely to be devastated in any opening of hostilities and the Korean peninsula is one if the two big flashpoints with China. There's a non-zero chance that this time next year we could be at war in Asia.

Last edited:

What about pay scale?

I've heard some Army and Marine officers today object to the pay private contractors receive in combat zones?

I think the question Einstein and Russell asked 55 years ago regarding war's end game is more relevant.

Maybe a specie that kills its young for money or glory is hardwired to self-destruct about the time its weapons begin leaving its planet's surface?

The loader and driver would receive more pay than the other 2 because the company does not give the benefits the Government provides to the soldiers..

Interesting. Waging war by Capitalist Station....

I'm expecting it will blow over. As others have said this is all about Kim's son and the transfer of power. A scenario that makes the son look fit to lead is all that NK is looking for.

But this is worrying. I can see some of Obama's advisors pushing for war and Obama has had trouble in the past actually keeping the military in line. I'm sure it's been pointed out more than once in the War room that this is the perfect justification to hit NK's nuke facilities.

This needs to be watched carefully. Seoul is likely to be devastated in any opening of hostilities and the Korean peninsula is one if the two big flashpoints with China. There's a non-zero chance that this time next year we could be at war in Asia.

I don't believe this justifies hitting those nuke facilities. N. Korea keeps a lot of its military stuff underground making it difficult to detect and destroy.

If you noticed they didn't shell anywhere US soldiers were located. Now if they shelled a US unit we would be forced to take take out some facilites and rightly so. But the North Koreans are not dumb, they have been playing the game for too long to give us the excuse to take out their small nuclear threat.

And the reason Dick took us off the gold standard?

Something about paying for our invasion of South Vietnam??

Hey! "DICK" didn't start that mess. He just got us out of it. But he shouldn't have taken us off the Gold standard.

But bombing Cambodia is no different than making attacks in Pakistan to stop the Talibahn hiding over there.

I notice no lefties are complaining about that.

Very hypocritical.

What about pay scale?

I am reminded of the sign that stated, "What has war done but ended, slavery, Nazi-ism and Communism."

Liberals are always pining about war. But show me where their solutions ever work.

Their ideas are like what they did for Ethiopia. Raise a lot of money to send to the starving, and then the army either confiscated the food or left it rotting on the docks.

Or what they did with Iraq, which is left the people suffering for years.

The left's solution for Europe was to let Hitler have it, until Hitler turned against the Soviet Union.

Liberals always think they are morally superior being against war, while they turn a blind eye to the people quietly suffering in their far removed peace.

You guys have any idea how many tanks the NKA has?

North Korea -1.19 million active army, 7.7 million reserves
-4,000 tanks, 2,000 ACV (They are bringing a newly designed MBT on line but it has only started to replace the aging and obsolete Russian armor
-enough plutonium for 6-8 A bombs

South Korea - 655,000 active army and approx. 3 mill reserve
-2,300 tanks, 2400 ACV

US – 28,000 troops
-140 M1A1 MBT, 170 M2 Bradley

Numbers are misleading when looking at tanks. The quality and training of South Korean and US forces are far superior to North Korean Forces. But so many times people look at the qualitive edge but fail to acount for morale. When we hit Iraq, their military did not have any morale and therefore it fell apart quickly. The North Koreans though are a different army and they are well trained and have a good morale. How well this would hold up in the expected air assault is unknown. You also have to take into account the underground bunkers the North keeps to protect their forces. Of course to attack they must come out of their holes and that is when they are vulnerable.

A war in Korea would be bloody for all involved but without China's help the North cannot invade due to their need of Chinese oil. That is one reason why I say that there will be no war, because it is not the right time for the Chinese.

"Zhang Liangui, a North Korea expert at Beijing's Central Party School, told The Age that Kim Jong-un, 26-year-old son of dictator Kim Jong-il and his anointed successor, was deliberately destabilising his environment to mobilise the military and consolidate his power.

"There have been previous skirmishes along the border but the stakes are getting higher...

"Professor Zhang said the latest episode was unlikely to escalate because the North was mainly ''venting anger''.

"He said it wanted concessions from Seoul and recognition from the global community.

"North Korea does not recognise the border unilaterally drawn by the UN at the close of the Korean War.

"The two Koreas have fought three bloody skirmishes near the maritime border in recent years."

Korea Tensions...

New Topics

Forum List

Back