Any thoughts on the New american Century?

S

sweetpea

Any thoughts on the "new american century " and what it means to America if Bush steals another 4 years ??

Originally posted by sweetpea
Any thoughts on the "new american century " and what it means to America if Bush steals another 4 years ??

Ah I thought you enlightened, not off the wall...:p:

We've hashed that out pretty well, it's a think tank piece that the left seems to have grabbed hold of and is running with. Why can't they find what they think is a viable alternative?:rolleyes:

Sorry- I am new to this chat room. I didn't see previous post. I guess the reason that we on the left have 'grabbed a hold of this' is because it is frightening. I really don't think that mainstream America realizes the right wing agenda. Everyone from Rumsfield, Cheney, Rove, Bush. Wolfowitz etc. want to eliminate all federal entitlement programs! I thinks if they get their way without regard for re-election the disparity between the classes will only widen. I can already see the ground being laid.

Sorry- I am new to this chat room. I didn't see previous post. I guess the reason that we on the left have 'grabbed a hold of this' is because it is frightening. I really don't think that mainstream America realizes the right wing agenda. Everyone from Rumsfield, Cheney, Rove, Bush. Wolfowitz etc. want to eliminate all federal entitlement programs! I thinks if they get their way without regard for re-election the disparity between the classes will only widen. I can already see the ground being laid.

LOL you've got to be kidding me. If only....

They may be slowing down the rate of growth, though not that I've seen, eliminate? Not a one. Have a link other than the think piece the above, including Wolfie, had nothing to do with?:rolleyes:

Lordy, sweetpea. Bush won the election in all counts. The courts had to stop a bogus recount where gore wanted to change the tallying standard to nebulous "voter intent", and only recount selected heavily democratic counties. In all honesty, does that sound like a fair recount? honestly now.

Report this post to

BTW- I like to consider myself both enlightened AND off the wall :) I'm not sure what you r asking. You want something showing who signed off on this doctrine? If so, you can just pull new american century and see who is a member......

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Lordy, sweetpea. Bush won the election in all counts. The courts had to stop a bogus recount where gore wanted to change the tallying standard to nebulous "voter intent", and only recount selected heavily democratic counties. In all honesty, does that sound like a fair recount? honestly now.

Report this post to

I agree - they should've counted to under votes as wsell as the over votes. I think either way Jeb promised Florida and the Supreme Court delivered. Just my humble opinion.

I agree - they should've counted to under votes as wsell as the over votes. I think either way Jeb promised Florida and the Supreme Court delivered. Just my humble opinion.

based on wrong facts and a distorted reality. It is your right to be wrong after all. Does it matter to you at all that every count of all ballots by government and media groups showed that Bush HAD MORE VOTES? Does this figure into your opinion at all?

BTW- I like to consider myself both enlightened AND off the wall :) I'm not sure what you r asking. You want something showing who signed off on this doctrine? If so, you can just pull new american century and see who is a member......

I think I explained, the document was vetted. Not Wolfi, Rove, etc. William Kristol and some others from Think Tank. That's not policy, kinda like battle plans, there are many, most are ignored.

Again, why don't the dems put out what they think would be a good think tank agenda, something to 'inspire' instead of harping one something not implemented?

Is it that dems don't want to reveal their plans of an America subjugated to europeans and the U.N.?

How do you figure when nationally Gore scored over 500,000 more votes than Bush. I'd contest it, too. For the US to go abroad and try to install Democracy --it seems we may be a laughing stock that the popular loser is sitting in the White House.

How do you figure when nationally Gore scored over 500,000 more votes than Bush. I'd contest it, too. For the US to go abroad and try to install Democracy --it seems we may be a laughing stock that the popular loser is sitting in the White House.

Don't go there, no need to argue 2000 again, next one in few months. What's the positive agenda other than, "No more Bush?"

We were talking about florida, though. Just florida. You libs think you're so slick.:rolleyes: But we can go national: Ever heard of the electoral college?

Originally posted by Kathianne
I think I explained, the document was vetted. Not Wolfi, Rove, etc. William Kristol and some others from Think Tank. That's not policy, kinda like battle plans, there are many, most are ignored.

Again, why don't the dems put out what they think would be a good think tank agenda, something to 'inspire' instead of harping one something not implemented?

As Will Rogers said " I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat. " I agree that we need to not be afraid of the labels placed upon us when we question policy..unpatriotic and whatnot. I never said it was policy--it is a doctrine of principles that I strongly disagree with. Democrats need to define our message. I couldn't agree more with that statement.

As Will Rogers said " I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat. " I agree that we need to not be afraid of the labels placed upon us when we question policy..unpatriotic and whatnot. I never said it was policy--it is a doctrine of principles that I strongly disagree with. Democrats need to define our message. I couldn't agree more with that statement.

You disagree with the need for the government to have plans for the possible conflicts, crisis, and responses in the future? That is their job, be they Democrat or Republican or Libertarian....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
We were talking about florida, though. Just florida. You libs think you're so slick.:rolleyes: But we can go national: Ever heard of the electoral college?
Then lets not go there when Bush gets caught lying about any and everything and Repubs always revert back to Lewinsky. If you want to keep it on the here and now then do it. I'll let go of 2000 when you guys let go of 1998-1999

Then lets not go there when Bush gets caught lying about any and everything and Repubs always revert back to Lewinsky. If you want to keep it on the here and now then do it. I'll let go of 2000 when you guys let go of 1998-1999

Now what are you talking about? Who brought up Lewinsky in this thread? I may have missed something. :confused:

Clinton lied to Starr. He admitted it in his book.

In a trial where he was guilty of lying and unethical behavior, he was automatically, according to the Constitution, supposed to be impeached and kicked out of office.

He admitted in his book he lied to starr. -UNDER OATH.

Regarding Clinton, nobody ANYWHERE has anything to stand on. He is guilty of being unworthy of the office proving character DOES matter.

YOu mean you'll let go of your deluded thinking that somehow Gore was Robbed in 2000 ? What must we do again?

New Topics

Forum List

Back