Any takers? Female vocalists needed!

Feb 28, 2009
For my latest song, I need a small choir of female vocalists to sing the refrains and the choruses. Here's how it will work:

To Volunteer: You must be able to make a decent-quality recording of yourself, singing the refrains and the choruses. This means you need a mic, and recording software such as Audacity on your computer. Or, even if you have a decent mic and a handy-dandy digital recorder, or can even do it via YouTube, these will work as well.

The volunteers hit me via PM, and upon agreement I will send the lyrics and the backing track, the music, back via PM. We will schedule a conference call for rehearsals, involving all parties. Then later you will record your part, and send the resulting audio file to me via email.

The sound file of the backing track, I will host up on one of my servers, and it will be a link you'll click in the PM. You can then save this to your computer, for use when you record, to "sing along" with.

When the volunteers email me their files of their singing, I will put them all together in my studio and it will sound as if all were there together, in one room at the same time, doing the singing.

KittenKoder will vouch that this is a real deal and I am totally serious. She'll be doing the video for the song, IF I can get it produced.

Yes this is complicated. And yes I expect no volunteers. But it's worth a try.

So, you in?

I'll do it, this is me performing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtS45bh_INY]YouTube - TITANIC My Heart Will Go On[/ame]

However, I won't do it for volunteer, I'll require the sum of..1 billion dollars. :eek: :eusa_whistle:

:lol: Seriously though, wish I knew somebody to help ya there Midnight. Good luck on that though.

• Banned
I can't carry a tune in a bucket :redface:
Me either, and that's part of the problem. We decided we wanted to make better quality stuff, now it takes alot longer to do so.

And yes, thank you for bringing up the actual #1 requirement for volunteers. Yes, please be able to sing halfway decent. NOT looking for greatness, just acceptability.

I can't carry a tune in a bucket :redface:
Me either, and that's part of the problem. We decided we wanted to make better quality stuff, now it takes alot longer to do so.

And yes, thank you for bringing up the actual #1 requirement for volunteers. Yes, please be able to sing halfway decent. NOT looking for greatness, just acceptability.

In fact I sing so bad that the Church banned me from worship services :eusa_angel:

They said it sounds like I am blaspheming

• Banned
Here's a couple of them we did that I'm pretty happy with:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=q412crm03C0]YouTube - Twitchy Woman[/ame]

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=H16gvNIu8x0]YouTube - Bangkok[/ame]

My sister can sing very well and I have full, high-quality recording capabilities for her at my house.

My sister can sing very well and I have full, high-quality recording capabilities for her at my house.
Let's get it on! See if she wants to play with us!

And thanks!

She'll do it, and can probably get on record either Friday, or Tuesday. FW: me the details, what I need, etc. via PM.

Question: when I do collabs, we pass it to each other when our verse is already mixed on the instrumental. Are you giving me a dry instrumental, or a mix of those currently on there? If not, hopefully the chorus she'll be singing is actually obvious "how it should go" in terms of melody/pitch, etc.

Forum List

Back