Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty: 2,293 votes
Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.): 1,657 votes
Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain: 1,456 votes
Texas Governor Rick Perry: 718 votes
Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney: 567 votes
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich: 385 votes
Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman: 69 votes
U.S. Rep Thad McCotter (R-Mich.): 35 votes

The only surprise is that hungry waifs waste a lot of money in Ames to get a few votes.

The 2012 nominating fight is going eventually come down to Perry and Romney, neither of whom thought this was worth bothering about. But Paul and Bachman spent a crapload of money so they can get one weekend of people talking about their campaigns in a "non-crazy" way. Pawlenty spent a bunch of money, and barely edged out another wingnut, Herman Cain.

Will anyone remember who won Ames in a few months? Or care.

In 2007, John McCain finished 10th in Ames. He finished FOURTH in the actual Caucus. So why do we pay so much attention to this state and it's silly straw poll?

i bet the media is STILL going to downplay paul's popularity. news flash, main stream media: NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MITT ROMNEY

U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.): 4,823 votes
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas): 4,671 votes

The only surprise is that hungry waifs waste a lot of money in Ames to get a few votes.

The 2012 nominating fight is going eventually come down to Perry and Romney, neither of whom thought this was worth bothering about. But Paul and Bachman spent a crapload of money so they can get one weekend of people talking about their campaigns in a "non-crazy" way. Pawlenty spent a bunch of money, and barely edged out another wingnut, Herman Cain.

In 2007, John McCain finished 10th in Ames. He finished FOURTH in the actual Caucus. So why do we pay so much attention to this state and it's silly straw poll?

The primaries will be decided in Feb in the Super Tuesday contest. I dont remember how many candidates won Iowa and then went on to win the nomination. I would bet not a lot.

There's no need for the media to downplay Ron Pauls' popularity as he has none. He is popular only among fringe narco-libertarians on internet boards.

U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.): 4,823 votes
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas): 4,671 votes

The primaries will be decided in Feb in the Super Tuesday contest. I dont remember how many candidates won Iowa and then went on to win the nomination. I would bet not a lot.

There's no need for the media to downplay Ron Pauls' popularity as he has none. He is popular only among fringe narco-libertarians on internet boards.

GWB and Obama are a quick two for you...what happened to you rabbi? *pat pat* Why the hate against liberty loving statesmen? He and Michelle pretty much tied and you say there is no popularity. I think you're in for a rude awakening but youll downplay it til the end wont you? Rick Perry is part of the establishment, do we really need that?

Last edited:
i bet the media is STILL going to downplay paul's popularity. news flash, main stream media: NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT MITT ROMNEY

You do realize that the candidates bus in supporters for the Aimes staw poll, right?

While you might not care about Romney, he is the top contender...right alongside Bush with better hair.

You do realize that the candidates bus in supporters for the Aimes staw poll, right?

While you might not care about Romney, he is the top contender...right alongside Bush with better hair.

no one cares about mitt romney. the silent majority is going to take paul right the the oval office and we are going to fix this country whether you like it or not.

GWB and Obama are a quick two for you...what happened to you rabbi? *pat pat* Why the hate against liberty loving statesmen? He and Michelle pretty much tied and you say there is no popularity. I think you're in for a rude awakening but youll downplay it til the end wont you? Rick Perry is part of the establishment, do we really need that?

* January 3, 2008 - Barack Obama (38%), John Edwards (30%), Hillary Clinton (29%), Bill Richardson (2%), Joe Biden (1%)[15]
* January 19, 2004 - John Kerry (38%), John Edwards (32%), Howard Dean (18%), Dick Gephardt (11%), and Dennis Kucinich (1%)
* January 24, 2000 - Al Gore (63%) and Bill Bradley (37%)
* February 12, 1996 - Bill Clinton (unopposed)
* February 10, 1992 - Tom Harkin (76%), "Uncommitted" (12%), Paul Tsongas (4%), Bill Clinton (3%), Bob Kerrey (2%), and Jerry Brown (2%)
* February 8, 1988 - Dick Gephardt (31%), Paul Simon (27%), Michael Dukakis (22%), and Bruce Babbitt (6%)
* February 20, 1984 - Walter Mondale (49%), Gary Hart (17%), George McGovern (10%), Alan Cranston (7%), John Glenn (4%), Reubin Askew (3%), and Jesse Jackson (2%)
* January 21, 1980 - Jimmy Carter (59%) and Ted Kennedy (31%)
* January 19, 1976 - "Uncommitted" (37%), Jimmy Carter (28%) Birch Bayh (13%), Fred R. Harris (10%), Morris Udall (6%), Sargent Shriver (3%), and Henry M. Jackson (1%)
* January 24, 1972 - "Uncommitted" (36%), Edmund Muskie (36%), George McGovern (23%), Hubert Humphrey (2%), Eugene McCarthy (1%), Shirley Chisholm (1%), and Henry M. Jackson (1%)[16]

[edit] Republicans

* 2008 - Mike Huckabee (34%), Mitt Romney (25%), Fred Thompson (13%), John McCain (13%), Ron Paul (10%), Rudy Giuliani (4%), and Duncan Hunter (1%)
* 2004 - George W. Bush (unopposed)
* 2000 - George W. Bush (41%)[citation needed], Steve Forbes (30%)[citation needed], Alan Keyes (14%), Gary Bauer (9%), John McCain (5%), and Orrin Hatch (1%)
* 1996 - Bob Dole (26%), Pat Buchanan (23%), Lamar Alexander (18%), Steve Forbes (10%), Phil Gramm (9%), Alan Keyes (7%), Richard Lugar (4%), and Morry Taylor (1%)
* 1992 - George H. W. Bush (unopposed)
* 1988 - Bob Dole (37%), Pat Robertson (25%), George H. W. Bush (19%), Jack Kemp (11%), and Pierre DuPont (7%)
* 1984 - Ronald Reagan (unopposed)
* 1980 - George H. W. Bush (32%), Ronald Reagan (30%), Howard Baker (15%), John Connally (9%), Phil Crane (7%), John B. Anderson (4%), and Bob Dole (2%)
* 1976 - Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan

So about split as to how predictive the caucus is.
Ron Paul is not a "liberty loving statesman." He is a whack-job with a view that is way out of sync for most of Americans, including traditional conservatives. He also has zero chance of getting elected, and has as much executive experience as Obama did.

no one cares about mitt romney. the silent majority is going to take paul right the the oval office and we are going to fix this country whether you like it or not.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Keep telling yourself that, bubba.
As of February 5, 2008, Paul had won sixteen delegates to the Republican National Convention, placing him last amongst the four Republican candidates still in the race at that time.[10] The campaign projected on February 6 to have secured at least 42 delegates to the national convention.[11]

Surprises? Yes.

I am surprised that Bachmann didn't give Former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty a beat down in the back alley after the debate.
He was a total jerk to her, over and over again.

Perhaps he didn't like the fact that Bachmann wasn't 'submissive' to him. :eusa_angel:

mitt got 500 votes. thats like...7th. if he had any gull he would drop out...he has no momentum at all and wont recover. perry is the real joke. god forbid someone who understands the philosophical concept of this country is an "extreme nutjob" but thats how you people are conditioned to react to anything non-establishment i suppose? Watch and see. :)

also, 2008 is not a good indicator as people had no idea how bad obama could make it. now that obama has trashed the place with his extremism, i think it's our turn to fix it with ours. maybe we can get another century of peace when we prove to the country and the world that the founding principles can still operate in a liberty loving modern society. Go Paul. :D

Last edited:
mitt got 500 votes. thats like...7th. if he had any gull he would drop out...he has no momentum at all and wont recover. perry is the real joke. god forbid someone who understands the philosophical concept of this country is an "extreme nutjob" but thats how you people are conditioned to react to anything non-establishment i suppose? Watch and see. :)

I'd like to think you're right. But the establishment is, well, established. These candidates will do well, regardless of how shitty and pointless they are, simply because they represent no threat to the status quo.

also, 2008 is not a good indicator as people had no idea how bad obama could make it. now that obama has trashed the place with his extremism, i think it's our turn to fix it with ours. maybe we can get another century of peace when we prove to the country and the world that the founding principles can still operate in a liberty loving modern society. Go Paul. :D

Mitt Romney should drop out because he didnt do well on a poll that doesnt really indicate anything?
Are you nuts? Yes, of course. You're a Ron Paul Wookie Suiter so we know the answer.

Now you are throwing out insults. I will say good day to you sir, you have no class. Enjoy your establishment GWB wannabe candidate. I will continue to support freedom.

Best of luck with that. A President Paul would likely guarantee a President Bernie Sanders on the next go around. As the pendulum swings...

nah. If Paul gets elected this country will be so prosperous and people will understand that liberty succeeds, until about a hundred years when people start forgetting again.

How old are you again? You think Ron Paul will just sweep into office and undo about 100 years of legislative history singlehandedly?
Uh, no.

How old are you again? You think Ron Paul will just sweep into office and undo about 100 years of legislative history singlehandedly?
Uh, no.

holy shit rabbi i used to think you had a brain. of course he cant do that by himself. what he can do is show america that the founding principles can put us on the right course, and then in the years and decades to come we can return to a free society...

seriously bro, take your strawman and cram it so far up your ass that we dont have to see it again. thanks.

Forum List

Back