Any Scotch drinkers here?

If we are talking Whiskey, I am a Crown girl. :)

I'm a fan of Crown, as much I like Canadian Whiskey. But Scotch Whisky beats Canadian, in my humble opinion.

Crown is in the water here. :D

I do not like Scotch, if my mom does drink, Scotch is her choice. I tried Scotch at a young age and we haven't been friends since. I am a big fan of Irish Whiskey.

When I was a younger man, I found the taste of Scotch horrible. Years later, after avoiding scotch for a long time, I tasted a glass of Laphroaig 10yr on the rocks while waiting to get a haircut. Since then, I have been fascinated by the complexities of a good single malt.

I have also become a fan of Pendleton Whiskey, it is pretty smooth.

Me TOO!

I bought it in Wyoming because I liked the trademark (red bucking horse and rider), and was astonished it was 1. Canadian, and 2. Pretty Damn Good

Where were you at in Wyomning?

A local distillery just put out a whiskey, they had vodka, but just added whiskey. It is called Dry Fly, pretty good. At my high school reunion we got to tour the distillery and get a taste of both.

I have also become a fan of Pendleton Whiskey, it is pretty smooth.

Me TOO!

I bought it in Wyoming because I liked the trademark (red bucking horse and rider), and was astonished it was 1. Canadian, and 2. Pretty Damn Good

A local distillery just put out a whiskey, they had vodka, but just added whiskey. It is called Dry Fly, pretty good. At my high school reunion we got to tour the distillery and get a taste of both.

I go there every week: Laramie, Rawlins, Muddy Gap, Casper, Chugwater, Wheatland, Torrington, Lusk, Newcastle, Cheyenne.

"Dry Fly?"..........hmmmm......better than Rusty Fly, or Wet Fly, I guess.

Me TOO!

I go there every week: Laramie, Rawlins, Muddy Gap, Casper, Chugwater, Wheatland, Torrington, Lusk, Newcastle, Cheyenne.

My brother is a ranch manager in Campbell County, north of Gillete. My mom's ex husband owns a ranch west of there in Recluse, where my brothers grew up. My brother also was a manager at a ranch near Huelett(Devil's Tower), and I have drank a little whiskey with some ranchers in Huelett.

Last edited:
The air is rare up there, combine it with whiskey and you may get a Brokeback Mountain. Or a Brokevagina valley?

Hell, I don't have a problem with love, however you need to find it, you go for it. But I do personally find whiskey leads one into barb wire and pain.

Last edited:
Still, the best description of whiskey I ever heard was from Gore Vidal, he calls it "Eternity in a glass."

My brother is a ranch manager in Campbell County, north of Gillete. My mom's ex husband owns a ranch west of there in Recluse, where my brothers grew up. My brother also was a manager at a ranch near Huelett(Devil's Tower), and I have drank a little whiskey with some ranchers in Huelett.

Truely, God's Country.

I rarely pass through that direction, and then only to drive on to Billings.

Not stopping has much to do with KO Liqueur made and bottled by the Koltiska family in Sheridan, WY, and my brief and horribly unpleasent experience with it.

Of course they could always say "dint ya read that thar Gov'ment WARNING rat ther' own da lable?"

The precise color of urine from a person dieing of thirst, (and possibly snake-bit) the "perfect blend of strong yet smooth" (deceptively deadly) tastes like 90 proof rock gut whiskey mixed with corn syrup and sage brush.

Forum List

Back