Any runners out there who bought Nike VaporFly 4%? Are they worth $300 bucks?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I just looked on ebay and these things are getting bid up to $400 or more now! Just wondering if anyone coughed up the big bucks for the Vaporfly 4% and experienced the 4% reduction in finish time they advertise.

I can't think of any shoe worth $400...

Including Dorothys Ruby Red shoes

The only time i would ever pay 400 bucks for a pair of shoes is if i got paid 500 bucks or more to do it

I just looked on ebay and these things are getting bid up to $400 or more now! Just wondering if anyone coughed up the big bucks for the Vaporfly 4% and experienced the 4% reduction in finish time they advertise.
That's as bad as guys who play church league softball buying bats for $500.00. :cuckoo:

That's as bad as guys who play church league softball buying bats for $500.00. :cuckoo:
Exactly! If it helps them hit a home run then it's totally worth it!

Well lets see. I run a full marathon in approximately 8 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes flat.

So, in order for these to be effective, I'd have to come in at just under 195 hours.

Yeah, $400 is a bit steep...

I believe they're good but it's too much.
I discovered for myself brand Anta.
When visiting Shanghai I was in Anta shop. Anta is company equipping China national team for last several years.
I bought running shoes Anta Challenge 100. And they are really great. ...and paid just $50!
ANTA Sports’ Professional Gear Drives Chen Penbin To Finish “Challenge 100” - ANTA
Chen Penbin ran 100 marathons in 100 days using the only pair of shoes. He ran marathon every day.
Usually shoes die after 1500-2000 km and they must not be used every day.
But this model works well after everyday hard using and still ok after 4200 km of run.
Really amazing.

I don't run that much but I like how it feels running in Anta Challenge 100.

Yeah it's crazy everyone is bidding up the vaporfly 4% shoes. I checked ebay and I didn't see any anta challenge shoes. I guess you have to order them from Anta.

Yeah it's crazy everyone is bidding up the vaporfly 4% shoes. I checked ebay and I didn't see any anta challenge shoes. I guess you have to order them from Anta.
Either from Anta officials or in some online shops.
I've just checked Ebay and Amazon - there are no any. I like one online shop here in Russia wildberries.ru whith very very wide range of goods on good prices and which I like it's ok to order several items and to choose what you buy after touching or measuring. It is good option for sport goods as they must fit ideally. There are anta shoes there...

But I've noticed in the USA prices are usually better than in Europe and Russia.
Recently I was looking for a bike for my son and the cheapest good bikes were in USA and UK but it was almost impossible to deliver abroad.

Forum List

Back