any reason 'being offended' is protected?

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Question:

In Christianity, you are told that you are born a sinner. Correct?

How can you be a sinner at birth, you didn't get a chance to sin yet.

I'm not trying to troll, this is something that fascinates me, and would love to hear an answer(s)

You quoted 23, but 23 concludes with 24

"24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"

Justified in the biblical sense mean to be made righteous. We achieve justification through grace.

As for children - Jesus made it clear in several places that their innocence and humility was worthy of His grace. The most eloquent one IMO is:

Matthew 18:1-6
1 At that time the followers came to Jesus and asked, "Who is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2 Jesus called a little child to him and stood the child before his followers. 3 Then he said, "I tell you the truth, you must change and become like little children. Otherwise, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven is the one who makes himself humble like this child. 5 "Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me. 6 If one of these little children believes in me, and someone causes that child to sin, it would be better for that person to have a large stone tied around the neck and be drowned in the sea.

We are born of a sinful nature, however, we are not born knowing how to sin. See the difference? It is only when we become old enough to know and understand the laws that we become capable of breaking them and thus sin.

Since I'm the only member of this board I've seen that is openly a member of the ACLU, I'll say this - first off, I haven't seen the seal and so don't know if the suit is warranted. Second, the ACLU has, on many occassions, gone to great lengths to protect the rights of Christians. ACLU is not a "radical leftist organization". The only people who think that are "reactionary right-wing fascists" (yes, that's meant to be parody, not a serious statement for those of you incapable of telling the difference).

I'm not sure what the ACLU's beef is with this seal. I can't find ANY mention of this case on either the ACLU's national organiztion website or the Southern California chapter's website.

acludem

Ah, but he wouldn't enjoy the SUCCESS that anti-Christians achiiieve!

Why is it that Christians - and only Christians - are the objects of such unrelenting, meticulously organized attack by a vicious hateful minority?

And if we're such a tyrannical, intolerant mmajority - seeking to force our morality down everyone's throat - why haven't we simply SQUASHED the nonbelievers?

The fact of the matter is that we're not trying to force anything on anybody. we'd just like to be left alone to practice our religion in peace, the way our founding fathers did. Evidently, that's too much to ask.

Originally posted by musicman
Why is it that Christians - and only Christians - are the objects of such unrelenting, meticulously organized attack by a vicious hateful minority?
/B]

Because scripture tells us that "you will be hated" in my name.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Question:

In Christianity, you are told that you are born a sinner. Correct?

How can you be a sinner at birth, you didn't get a chance to sin yet.

I'm not trying to troll, this is something that fascinates me, and would love to hear an answer(s)

Correct, and as answered, it is passed down from Adam generation to generation.

The question about aborted babies, as answered is also that an age of accountability is required to accept Christ. Since that is the only way He claims we can be made pure, children are protected automatically until properly able to make the decision on their own.

Originally posted by acludem
Since I'm the only member of this board I've seen that is openly a member of the ACLU, I'll say this - first off, I haven't seen the seal and so don't know if the suit is warranted. Second, the ACLU has, on many occassions, gone to great lengths to protect the rights of Christians. ACLU is not a "radical leftist organization". The only people who think that are "reactionary right-wing fascists" (yes, that's meant to be parody, not a serious statement for those of you incapable of telling the difference).

I'm not sure what the ACLU's beef is with this seal. I can't find ANY mention of this case on either the ACLU's national organiztion website or the Southern California chapter's website.

acludem

I've checked it out here in Arizona as well as the website also. :D
They haven't heard about this case at all either. Usually, here in Arizona (am sure it's the same in other states) we know what's going on in other states, that or it can be easily looked up and there was nothing. :cool:

Forum List

Back