any reason 'being offended' is protected?

However, some Christians are taught that: Wicca is a form of Satanism, and that both religions are very evil.
That Wicca is the same as witchcraft which is condemned in the Bible
That a pentagram is a profoundly evil symbol. During a dispute in the Roswell [NM] Independent School District over a pentagram banning, the Church on the Move took an active role supporting the prohibition. New Mexico State Senator Rod Adair, (R-Roswell) said: "In an era when the term ‘zero tolerance’ for drugs, guns, knives and violence is the watchword of the day, it is inconceivable that we would allow symbols which directly promote Satanic worship and the violence and bloodshed which are part of it." Mary Reeves, a member of the Church said: "Why would they [the Neopagans] pick a violent symbol to promote their love? It’s been known as being violent from the medieval age on."

Originally posted by -=d=-
How is that 'Christians trying to remove/prevent articles/symbols of religion'????

Haven't read the other two - gotta case of the shits...so will check them out later :(

:-/

:p:

TMI dude, way TMI :D

Originally posted by freeandfun1
No, but since the symbol is of historic significance, why do we have to re-write history? Why not leave it alone? That is the point.

This post? not a dodger. Why do people re-write history. I guess because they don't like parts of it, think that the original people who wrote it got it wrong or new findings have shown it to be false.

However, some Christians are taught that: Wicca is a form of Satanism, and that both religions are very evil.
That Wicca is the same as witchcraft which is condemned in the Bible
That a pentagram is a profoundly evil symbol.

Any worship of idols or "gods" other than the Biblical God is to be condemned as per the Bible and Christ Himself.

It puts one in the position of having to choose.

The weenies blowing it out of proportion with the symbolism don't know their own text.

-Or they just want to head off the issue before it becomes one.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
so denying history is okay?

I thought we were supposed to learn from history. . . .

I never said it was ok or not ok-------you just asked "why do we have to re-write history?"

I gave you some possible answers----you will have to check with the Bible to see if it is OK according to God. I'm making no judgements here. I'll leave that up to the moralists.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Any worship of idols or "gods" other than the Biblical God is to be condemned as per the Bible and Christ Himself.

It puts one in the position of having to choose.

The weenies blowing it out of proportion with the symbolism don't know their own text.

-Or they just want to head off the issue before it becomes one.

thats the judaeo-christian view. Others have different religions.

While it's your belief that there are no others, there are others who believe theirs are valid or the only one.

whats blown out of proportion?

everbody stop! did anyone even see the little, tiny cross the lady wanted removed? you can barely see the thing in the first place. this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. and yes, LA is the city of angels, a christian symbol so what the f*** is the big deal?

Originally posted by dilloduck
. . . . you will have to check with the Bible to see if it is OK according to God. I'm making no judgements here. I'll leave that up to the moralists.

You are so immature for such an old man.....

Originally posted by deciophobic
everbody stop! did anyone even see the little, tiny cross the lady wanted removed? you can barely see the thing in the first place. this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. and yes, LA is the city of angels, a christian symbol so what the f*** is the big deal?
that was the point......

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
thats the judaeo-christian view. Others have different religions.

While it's your belief that there are no others, there are others who believe theirs are valid or the only one.

whats blown out of proportion?

You misunderstand my response.

I was saying that WAS their perspective.

I made no reference to myself in this reply.

Oh well.

Even though I do not practice any religion, I see no problem with keeping a cross in the seal.

It's the same thing in San Diego. Mt. Soledad has had a cross on top of it since I was a little girl and there's been a fight about it for about as long. I think though, finally the city lost and is going to be removing the cross all because one atheist (obviously a very strong atheist) was offended by it.

I've been to that mountain so many times (the view is gorgeous) and not once was I ever offended by the sight of giant, white cement cross...

Oh well... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dilloduck
Why thank you! Matthew 18:1-6

Dillo,

Romans 3:19

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Originally posted by NewGuy
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Question:

In Christianity, you are told that you are born a sinner. Correct?

How can you be a sinner at birth, you didn't get a chance to sin yet.

I'm not trying to troll, this is something that fascinates me, and would love to hear an answer(s)

I think though, finally the city lost and is going to be removing the cross all because one atheist (obviously a very strong atheist) was offended by it.
Fuck those people. I'm tired of hearing about how the "Christian right" is trying to impose their beliefs on others, when people like this do the same thing and people ignore it.

Originally posted by tim_duncan2000
Fuck those people. I'm tired of hearing about how the "Christian right" is trying to impose their beliefs on others, when people like this do the same thing and people ignore it.

Dude - 'others', people MADE that seal. It's not like Christians aer suing to put it IN.

You're a little mixed up!

:D

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
Question:

In Christianity, you are told that you are born a sinner. Correct?

How can you be a sinner at birth, you didn't get a chance to sin yet.

I'm not trying to troll, this is something that fascinates me, and would love to hear an answer(s)

Many Christians say that people are born with sin since they are from Adam. The Bible says that sin will be passed down to his children and to his children's children. It has not been explained, to my satisfaction, whether or not babies naturally or artificially aborted go the heaven or hell.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
there have been numerous attempts to have the pentagram, a wiccan holy symbol, banned from schools and other semi public places whether they are worn necklaces or designs on T-shirts.

Incorrect my dear. The pentagram and/or pentacle wasnt originally the symbol for Wicca.

Im correcting you as a poster, not a husband. Simply because, I am right.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Many Christians say that people are born with sin since they are from Adam. The Bible says that sin will be passed down to his children and to his children's children. It has not been explained, to my satisfaction, whether or not babies naturally or artificially aborted go the heaven or hell.

While we are born with a sinful nature, the Bible teaches us about ages of accountability - I'm sure the implication in those lessons tell us that a child who hasn't the spiritual/mental capacity to understand Christ, would be shown grace.

I vote :not hell: for murdered babies.

Forum List

Back