any reason 'being offended' is protected?

Please re-read the posts. I had to edit it after reading as it did not make sense. The new post clearly reflects what I was trying to say.

Sorry for the confusion.

Originally posted by dilloduck
The confederate flag
Christians have tried the replace the confederate flag? lmao!

Not true. That is, again, an action of the left.

No problem. I knew you couldn't point to anything. The Confederate flag was not removed because of religios reasons.

Originally posted by -=d=-
way to dodge the question! :D
One of the best question dodgers I have seen on USMB - well, next to AJWS/Mustafa. But then again, AJ doesn't dodge, he just ignores facts that are presented......

From a historical emblem? Please educate me. That would not be right either, but I have never heard such.

there have been numerous attempts to have the pentagram, a wiccan holy symbol, banned from schools and other semi public places whether they are worn necklaces or designs on T-shirts.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
there have been numerous attempts to have the pentagram, a wiccan holy symbol, banned from schools and other semi public places whether they are worn necklaces or designs on T-shirts.

I said, from a "historical emblem". Crosses should not be worn in school either. With that, I agree. One can practice their religion in private. Again, I am speaking from a "historical" standpoint.

no dodge---just pointing some out some facts
What facts? As I said, the Christians that did want the Confederate flag removed did not do it on the basis of separation of church and state or any such thing. They did it as they felt the Confederate flag represented slavery (which is doesn't).

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

There have been?

Where? By whom?

I think it's rubbish - for every established federally-recognized religion, followers are allowed to display whatever they want. :)

IF what you say it true - it has nothing to do with "A Christian organization trying to remove an article of historic signifigance because they didn't like part of it".

You asked for a historical symbol that Christians were offended by and wanted removed----I gave you one.

You haven't.

(shrug).

You've picked something out of your arse and said "Yeah! 'There have been'!" but provided no evidence.

You asked for a historical symbol that Christians were offended by and wanted removed----I gave you one.
And I asked you to re-read my initial post as I clarified my question.

Dodger!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
I said, from a "historical emblem". Crosses should not be worn in school either. With that, I agree. One can practice their religion in private. Again, I am speaking from a "historical" standpoint.

my misunderstanding then.

Originally posted by -=d=-
There have been?

Where? By whom?

I think it's rubbish - for every established federally-recognized religion, followers are allowed to display whatever they want. :)

IF what you say it true - it has nothing to do with "A Christian organization trying to remove an article of historic signifigance because they didn't like part of it".

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sch_clot1.htm

http://www.freep.com/news/locway/qwicca3.htm

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/745248/posts

however, since it was pointed out that we were looking for 'historical symbol' as the reference, this is a relatively moot point.

Forum List

Back