any questions about Iran?

again, i was merely stating the facts
you have a problem with that?

ang, are you trying to state that i was supporting royalty by stating the facts on the matter, or are you just trying to be an asshole, again?

When you've calmed down we can talk.

Great day for the world, Khatami is running for Iranian President. I just hope Obama is smart enough to engage Iran after Khatami wins. A reformer President of the likes of Khatami with a Reform Parliament would be a ripe situation to repair Iranian/American relations!

4. Khatami to Oppose Ahmadinejad in Iran’s Election

Former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami — a frequent critic of incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad — has announced that he will seek the presidency in Iran’s June elections.

Khatami, who was president from 1997 to 2005, is “a popular leader in the reformist camp” who has indirectly attacked the country’s conservative clerical administration, the Jerusalem Post reports.

Ahmadinejad is expected to declare his candidacy for a second term.

As Newsmax reported in December, Ahmadinejad is increasingly unpopular, his economic policies are blamed for 30 percent annual inflation, and his foreign policy has left the country more isolated than at any time in recent memory.

In a September 2006 speech at Harvard University, Khatami condemned Osama bin Laden for committing crimes in the name of Islam and said Jews have the right to live peacefully, but he skirted the issue of whether they have the right to do so in Israel.

Some observers have speculated that President Barack Obama may wait until after the election before offering direct negotiations with Iran, in the hope that Ahmadinejad will be replaced

nooo way. we make sure of that.

Will you? That would be interesting. But the question remains will whomever replaces him be more or less reasonable?

BTW, your posts are very interesting. I think I expected more "sunni-ish" posts.

Khatami proved he was very reasonable! And he looks like the front-runner again!:clap2:

we can hope. maybe people are getting tired of the insanity all around.

that was the first thing I did when I joined PF. if you have any questions about Iran, ask, I'll answer. you may want the viewpoint of a 21 year old Iranian living in Tehran. ;)

Hey buddy. No question. I have a friend who's Iranian and he just visited. You guys are just like us. You don't hate us, just like we don't hate you.

Chaney is just an asshole.

Can't wait for Obama to talk to your leaders without "pre conditions".

Republicans are such assholes. Do you want them? You can have them. We'll take your gays in exchange. Oh, I forgot, there are no gays in Iran.

Ok, I have one question. Are their gays in Iran? Amadenijad said there weren't.

I get the feeling they just keep :eusa_shhh:

that was the first thing I did when I joined PF. if you have any questions about Iran, ask, I'll answer. you may want the viewpoint of a 21 year old Iranian living in Tehran. ;)

Hey buddy. No question. I have a friend who's Iranian and he just visited. You guys are just like us. You don't hate us, just like we don't hate you.

Chaney is just an asshole.

Can't wait for Obama to talk to your leaders without "pre conditions".

Republicans are such assholes. Do you want them? You can have them. We'll take your gays in exchange. Oh, I forgot, there are no gays in Iran.

Ok, I have one question. Are their gays in Iran? Amadenijad said there weren't.

I get the feeling they just keep :eusa_shhh:
Just like there are rapists and child molesters in all countries.

I am sure there are Homos in Iran.

Hopefully they are caught by the police and put in prison where they belong.

Yet on the youth rights board you posted a link to, you argued your case for voting rights based on the constitution's content.

The constitution is good enough for you to try and use for your personal positions, but not quite good enough to stand for America's independence and sovereignty.

Understood.

What relevance has the U.S. Constitution to destabilization of democratically elected governments in other countries? The utilitarian ethical conception is consequentialist; ends matter more than means. So if the Constitution had the general end of furthering progressive freedoms and liberties, it would be acceptable to use it for those means, but if it had the effect of inhibiting them on other grounds, extra-Constitutional means must be sought. There's certainly no contradiction inherent in that, except in the mind of a deontological absolutist.

Yet on the youth rights board you posted a link to, you argued your case for voting rights based on the constitution's content.

The constitution is good enough for you to try and use for your personal positions, but not quite good enough to stand for America's independence and sovereignty.

Understood.

What relevance has the U.S. Constitution to destabilization of democratically elected governments in other countries? The utilitarian ethical conception is consequentialist; ends matter more than means. So if the Constitution had the general end of furthering progressive freedoms and liberties, it would be acceptable to use it for those means, but if it had the effect of inhibiting them on other grounds, extra-Constitutional means must be sought. There's certainly no contradiction inherent in that, except in the mind of a deontological absolutist.

Democratically elected government?
LOL, the Iranian President and Parliament are basically figure heads! The Ayatollahs control everything. They are the unelected dictators of the country. The country rises and sets with them!

Democratically elected government?
LOL, the Iranian President and Parliament are basically figure heads! The Ayatollahs control everything. They are the unelected dictators of the country. The country rises and sets with them!

You'll want to refer to the entire thread before making such comments. I was referring to the role of the CIA in deposing Mossadeq, Arbenz, and Allende, and supporting the likes of Somoza, Noriega, Batista, Duvalier, the Shah, etc.

New Topics

Forum List

Back