Any Predictions In Ohio Union Limiting Vote on Tuesday?

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Just based on fundraising alone I predict a victory for the state's union employees.

A ballot battle in Ohio that pits the union rights of public workers against Republican efforts to shrink government and limit organized labor's reach culminates Tuesday in a vote with political consequences from statehouses to the White House.

We Are Ohio, the labor-backed coalition fighting the law, had raised more than $24 million as of mid-October — more than Obama, John McCain and 18 other presidential contenders raised in combined Ohio contributions during the 2008 presidential election, according to Federal Election Commission data.

Building a Better Ohio, the business-fueled proponent campaign, has raised $8 million.

The anti-union forces REALLY shot themselves in the foot when they pulled off THIS bullshit. The ad referred to below showed how desperate they were.

Building a Better Ohio, a group that favors Issue 2, excerpted video from an ad run by anti-Issue 2 We Are Ohio that has grandmother Marlene Quinn praising firefighters and urging voters to vote no on Issue 2. In the pro-Issue 2 ad, however, Quinn appears instead to be supporting Issue 2.

Spotlight on Ohio vote on union-limiting law - Yahoo! News

So I predict a big win for the unions in Ohio on Tuesday (even though I was wrong about Wisconsin).

Forum List

Back