Any predictions for the upcoming GOP convention?

50/50

Any bets that the Democrats will try to portray them as heartless bastards if they go ahead and have it anyway ? 100%
So they're afraid of Dems? Interesting. I notice that McCain went to Mississippi and not New Orleans today...:eusa_whistle:

Now that there aren't many black people in New Orleans you'd think he wouldn't be afraid to go there. :lol:

So they're afraid of Dems? Interesting. I notice that McCain went to Mississippi and not New Orleans today...:eusa_whistle:

Now that there aren't many black people in New Orleans you'd think he wouldn't be afraid to go there. :lol:

I guess it show he smart enough not to campaign when no one is in town. :lol:

I notice that McCain went to Mississippi and not New Orleans today...:eusa_whistle:

:rofl: what? did you expect him drive into the eye of a hurricane to put on a good show!? :eusa_dance:

i bet stupid obama would have done that if uncle teddy told him it would be a good photo opportunity.

:disbelief: now you're calling mccain a racist? :eusa_hand: :(

This is a telling quote by McCain, btw:

"I pledge that tomorrow night and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now."

:rofl:

:lol: :lol: it's the unguarded moments when McCain is at his best that's for sure

Wow, what an ignorant fuck. They're trying to evacuate New Orleans. Why would he go there?

1. They're trying to evacuate it, who goes into an evacuation area besides rescue workers?
2. His presence, like Bush's, would only make evacuation more difficult.
3. Jackson is one of the many HQ's for the evacuation workers.

You're really ignorant sometimes.

And tell me, Ravi, where is Obama today? Campaigning in Ohio. Thanks for your help.

Wow, what an ignorant fuck. They're trying to evacuate New Orleans. Why would he go there?

1. They're trying to evacuate it, who goes into an evacuation area besides rescue workers?
2. His presence, like Bush's, would only make evacuation more difficult.
3. Jackson is one of the many HQ's for the evacuation workers.

You're really ignorant sometimes.

And tell me, Ravi, where is Obama today? Campaigning in Ohio. Thanks for your help.

and of course there are no black people in Mississipi---we ALL know that ! :rofl:

"I pledge that tomorrow night and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now."

So, tomorrow night, and maybe throughout the convention, he'll put america first. That's nice.

It's his slogan silly, "putting america first." The quote says that he subconsciously normally pus republicans first.

It's his slogan silly, "putting america first." The quote says that he subconsciously normally pus republicans first.

Which is exactly what he's doing. He's shortening his entire convention so that the nation can focus on what's about to happen along the Gulf. Instead of spending millions of dollars on a party, he's doing what the country needs right now.

Obama couldn't even cancel a single appearance in Ohio to be there.

Which is exactly what he's doing. He's shortening his entire convention so that the nation can focus on what's about to happen along the Gulf. Instead of spending millions of dollars on a party, he's doing what the country needs right now.

Obama couldn't even cancel a single appearance in Ohio to be there.

Um, Do you think if the deomcratic convention was this week they would not be somehow addressing Katrina???

The difference is the democratic convention was last week, silly.

Going to New Orleans is seen as either a good idea or opportunistic, depending on which candidate you support. It has not much meaning beyond that. I wouldn't crow if Obama were going, and I wouldn't excoriate McCain if he didn't go. Besides which it is immaterial. The best outcome from Katrina is that the evacuation this time has been much better. The fact that Bush finally visited afterwars, some 23 times or whatever, is just a stupid publicity stunt in the scheme of thing.s. The bureaucracy was bulky, FEMA was a mess, the politicians thought the hurricane would miss (which it did, the problem was the levee breaches).

Regarding Obama's response to Katrina:

Judicious Obama turns up volume -- chicagotribune.com

"The encouraging thing is that in the aftermath of this fiasco everybody is outraged and the generosity of white suburban Republicans as well as black liberal Democrats indicates that the country wants better from its government and wants better from its politics," said Obama, who has helped raise about $1 million for victims. "The burden is on us as Democrats, the burden is on me as a U.S. senator to help bridge that gap."

That he is in Ohio today is beside the point. Had he gone to NO or MS he would have been called opportunistic. Hell people are already saying the dems will be opportunistic next week about it. The important thing is how these national crises are handled.

Last edited:
That he is in Ohio today does not strike me as meaningful. Had he gone to NO or MS he would have been called opportunistic. Hell people are already saying the dems will be oppportuniostic next week about it. The important thing is how these national crises are handled.

Just like Bush going to NO was opportunistic?

I love how you contradicted yourself in your own post.

The important thing is how these national crises are handled.

Exactly, which is why Bush is on the Gulf monitoring the storm instead of in St. Paul getting ready to party.

It's why Palin and McCain are in Mississippi doing their part.

Just like Bush going to NO was opportunistic?

I love how you contradicted yourself in your own post.

Exactly, which is why Bush is on the Gulf monitoring the storm instead of in St. Paul getting ready to party.

It's why Palin and McCain are in Mississippi doing their part.

I tried to say that whether politicians go to NO or not (or go to the gulf coast) is beside the point. It was beside the point in 2005, and it is beside the point today. The cake-eating thing is beside the point. Personally I never made anything of it, and certainly never thought to comment on it one way or the other. Appointing MIke Brown to head FEMA on the other hand was certainly up there as one of the stupidest things Bush ever did.

If I am drowning in NO I am not wondering if the president is eating cake. I am wondering if there are programs in place that will save my life. If the guy appointed by Bush to head FEMA had a padded resume that primarily involved horsebreeding, then yeah my government failed me.

Last edited:
I tried to say that whether politicians go to NO or not (or go to the gulf coast) is beside the point. It was beside the point in 2005, and it is beside the point today. The cake-eating thing is beside the point. Personally I never made anything of it, and certainly never thought to comment on it one way or the other. Appointing MIke Brown to head FEMA on the other hand was certainly up there as one of the stupidest things Bush ever did.

If I am drowning in NO I am not wondering if the president is eating cake. I am wondering if there are programs in place that will save my life. If the guy appointed by Bush to head FEMA had a padded resume that primarily involved horsebreeding, then yeah my government failed me.

If you are drowning and wondering if there are programs in place to save your life you are NUTS----you should be swimming your ass off !!!!! Actually if you are in NO you should have got your ass out of there a LONG time ago !!!

If you are drowning and wondering if there are programs in place to save your life you are NUTS----you should be swimming your ass off !!!!! Actually if you are in NO you should have got your ass out of there a LONG time ago !!!

See? Natural selection at work. :D

I assume you *do* get the point, though.

heh, you know dillo, I do appreciate your sense of humor even though I think you're a dyed in the wool right wing nutter. At least you don't neg rep me every time I make a joke like SOME people do.

Im' really not a nutter--I'm on record saying McCain is a whack job. I hate the guy.
rep schmep----it aint worth a pot to piss in--you want some? On the way.

Forum List

Back