Any predictions for the upcoming GOP convention?

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
Anyone want to predict how the Republican National Convention will turn out? Hit or miss? Partisan attacks or messages of hope? Will they embrace Bush or will they try to distance themselves from him?

One thing I'm expecting is Joe Lieberman will take a major swipe at his former party.

Bush will put on his self-deprecating hat. He'll make stupid jokes. He'll also claim good judgment and success in the middle east and spreading democracy and all.

I agree about Liebermann.

There will be people saying that picking Biden shows Obama is going with an insider, but that they are about reform.

They will use rovian tactics, of attacking the democrats as much as possible.

The republicans will bounce in the polls, and the race will be within +/-2 points again in a week, them's my predictions.

I look forward to hearing specifics, and seeing what Palin actually contributes in terms of inspiration.

McCain will talk about his support of the surge, that it worked, and you can expect to hear about that multiple times.

Last edited:
Anyone want to predict how the Republican National Convention will turn out? Hit or miss? Partisan attacks or messages of hope? Will they embrace Bush or will they try to distance themselves from him?

One thing I'm expecting is Joe Lieberman will take a major swipe at his former party.

I think Lieberman is about the last person that 'might' be supporting McCain, after his VP choice. :eusa_shifty:

But ... it would not surprise me if they called in every celebrity on the planet they can dig up to show their support. :doubt: Ewwwww! :doubt:

'Pictues Clint Eastwood singing The Star Spangled Banner' in my head .... /shivers! :eek:

They will get George out there to tell more lies. They will get Cheney out there to help George with the lies.

They will tell us all that the economy is just fine and we are all whiners. Lieberman will be silent or talk about the jewish problems with Iran. Those are the only people that will listen to him.

McCain will give a speech that will put everyone to sleep.

Palin will spout all her far right views and try to imitate Hillary.

Aside from those highlights I expect it to be a real sleeper.

Bush will put on his self-deprecating hat. He'll make stupid jokes. He'll also claim good judgment and success in the middle east and spreading democracy and all.

I agree about Liebermann.

There will be people saying that picking Biden shows Obama is going with an insider, but that they are about reform.

They will use rovian tactics, of attacking the democrats as much as possible.

The republicans will bounce in the polls, and the race will be within +/-2 points again in a week, them's my predictions.

I look forward to hearing specifics, and seeing what Palin actually contributes in terms of inspiration.

McCain will talk about his support of the surge, that it worked, and you can expect to hear about that multiple times.

Palin is actually not an inspiring speaker. She is what they said she is, a soccer mom, and talks like one. That's not a knock on her in any way, she's very genuine, but people expecting her to be Presidential or gracious might be in for a shock.

I also agree with you about the bump. After the RNC, Obama's bump will be nullified and things will be even again.

I'm also looking forward to seeing if Giuliani can break his own record of saying 9/11 within a 5 minute timespan.

I think that the RNC is going to be completely outclassed by Ron Paul's Rally for the Republic on Sept. 2. While media-wise it won't be overshadowed, Republicans will be wondering why they weren't able to bring about as much enthusiasm as Ron Paul will.

Didn't he do that after the speech Thursday? And didn't Joe call him on it?

Anyway, it looks like Bush won't attend,

Forecasters said Gustav was just short of Category 5 strength when it made landfall Saturday on mainland Cuba near the community of Los Palacios in Pinar del Rio.

Concerns over the hurricane led the White House to announced Sunday that it is unlikely President Bush will attend the Republican National Convention in Minnesota.

He was scheduled to speak to the RNC in St. Paul on Monday night. White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said alternate plans are being prepared.

Thank heavens he has some sense. This will work out better for the republicans than if he had gone, in my opinion.

it's up in the air right now as to whether the RNC will even get a full convention. Gustav is bearing down on New Orleans and that's not a good sign for the RNC.

They're talking about turning it into some charity drive to raise money for potential victims *read too little too late after the mess of Katrina*

Also the actual convention may be reduced to just 2 hours, long enough to nominate McCain and Palin and that's it. Some of the speakers have already pulled out.

If you believe in Karma this is a site to behold that's for sure.

DNC gets perfect coverage and Obama's speech has beautiful perfect weather in an outdoor venue and is viewed by 38 million people. The RNC is slated to air during a Cat4 hurricane due to hit the same spot that three years ago was drowning while Bush and McCain ate cake.

Didn't he do that after the speech Thursday? And didn't Joe call him on it?

Anyway, it looks like Bush won't attend,

Thank heavens he has some sense. This will work out better for the republicans than if he had gone, in my opinion.
Wow, what a stroke of luck for the Republicans. I was thinking their only hope was to publicly give Bush a spanking at the convention. If Bush stays hidden in his bunker they can pretend he doesn't exist.

it's up in the air right now as to whether the RNC will even get a full convention. Gustav is bearing down on New Orleans and that's not a good sign for the RNC.

They're talking about turning it into some charity drive to raise money for potential victims *read too little too late after the mess of Katrina*

Also the actual convention may be reduced to just 2 hours, long enough to nominate McCain and Palin and that's it. Some of the speakers have already pulled out.

If you believe in Karma this is a site to behold that's for sure.

DNC gets perfect coverage and Obama's speech has beautiful perfect weather in an outdoor venue and is viewed by 38 million people. The RNC is slated to air during a Cat4 hurricane due to hit the same spot that three years ago was drowning while Bush and McCain ate cake.

The good news is that Republicans won't waste $6 million on a stage for their candidate to preach from.

This is a telling quote by McCain, btw:

"I pledge that tomorrow night and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now."

:rofl:

This is a telling quote by McCain, btw:

"I pledge that tomorrow night and if necessary throughout our convention, we will act as Americans and not as Republicans because America needs us now."

:rofl:

no joke-----we know who the dems and reps are running in the elections. Who are the Americans gonna run ? :lol:

Bush, Cheney to skip GOP convention - The conventions - MSNBC.com

This is great for McCain on so many levels. It shows a disconnect from the Bush administration, something McCain greatly needs.

Also, Bush's response to Gustav will boost his image in the public's eye, at least for a short while. He's dropping everything and preempting this storm by working directly with the evacuation crews. He's trying to make up for Katrina. This, of course, will help McCain in the polls as well.

Meanwhile, McCain and Palin are in Jackson, Miss. meeting with the evacuation crews there.

The Republicans are really on the ball here. They don't give a shit about wasting millions of hard-earned donations on a giant party. They're going to be proactive and focus on what damage this storm is about to do.

Wasn't the party that George Wallace ran for called the American party. i hope it's not him back from the dead running.

uh --no--I'm talking about the people. There are still some out there who don't think that they are owned by the democrats or republicans although the electinos certainly try to make it look like we only have two choices.

Is anyone booking bets for "Delayed on account of rain"?

-J

Last edited:

Forum List

Back