Any opinions on the idea of a Multi Cultural Holiday

After looking through all the threads in here about Blacks I'm convinced the idea of a multicultural Holiday effort is a waste of time. This idea will lead to serious battlefields. Not enough interest from members anyway.
The Thread is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Blues

Last edited:
Just thinking.. If we had a national holiday celebrating all in our country.
Gatherings at parks and big open spaces.. Giving all a chance to get to know one another at our core.. not letting politicians or the media speak for us.
I believe we would most likely learn we are not that different and would better understand one another. Whats better than a friendship or at least a factual understanding.. The word would spread quickly, we are not one anothers enemy.

Blues

It's called the 4th of July.

Just thinking.. If we had a national holiday celebrating all in our country.
Gatherings at parks and big open spaces.. Giving all a chance to get to know one another at our core.. not letting politicians or the media speak for us.
I believe we would most likely learn we are not that different and would better understand one another. Whats better than a friendship or at least a factual understanding.. The word would spread quickly, we are not one anothers enemy.

Blues

It's called the 4th of July.

Yup. My sentiments exactly. A day in which we all can set aside all our differences and celebrate being Americans in the greatest nation on Earth. (No disrespect to people who see their own country as the greatest nation on Earth and I'll support you in your sentiment about that too.)

I do NOT want ANY more holidays celebrating multi culturalism. I think that is far too prevalent now and has not been a positive, but rather has had many negative consequences.

The motto of the US is E Pluribus Unum - "from many, one". (Algore famously reversed it - was that a freudian slip?) The idea was to emphasize the commonly held values and virtues of our country. As part of their balkanization project, leftwingers have reversed this, wanting to "celebrate our diversity". Promoting balkanization makes a population easier to control. Eg, Julius Caesar conquered large parts of europe with vastly fewer soldiers by pitting one barbarian tribe against another - same thing euros did in their colonization era of africa, same thing euro colonists did in early america with the indian tribes.

Of course, lots of other cultures have contributed to the american cultiral fabric. I've gone to Cinco de Mayo celebrations in southern california and had a great time drinking tequila and hearing the mariachis. But stuff like that has ALWAYS happened, way before the leftwing showed up with their "diversity" project. They've put a different, negative spin on it - this REAL BIG "we're different we're different" monotonous emphasis, and there is a reason behind it. Eg, promoting hispanic identity politics, and telling us ten times a day that hispanics are the biggest minority and soon will be a majority of most southwestern states helps them continue the illegal alien invasioin from mexico.

I live in a city where you can go your entire lives and not know the people who live on your own block.

Most people are amazed that the people on our block DO know each other. We would have a block party every year during the summer. The neighbor across the street and us would put it on and invite everyone. The funny thing is... when we stopped doing it... no one else on the block ever thought of or cared to do it themselves...

:clap2:

big party thrower, myself. I love people.
:clap2:

Good for you too, i entertain in a grand scale... and love it.

But the point is. When it wasn't us throwing it and paying for everything.... it never happened again.

Belonging to several volunteer organizations and then getting burned out on the, it's painfully obvious that those of us who get off our butts and put things together on a volunteer basis are in the minority. The majority would love what we do for them, but not enough to get up and help out.

New Topics

Forum List

Back