Any opinions on the idea of a Multi Cultural Holiday

St.Blues

Rookie
Jul 3, 2011
I Hate Most of You in Here
Just thinking.. If we had a national holiday celebrating all in our country.
Gatherings at parks and big open spaces.. Giving all a chance to get to know one another at our core.. not letting politicians or the media speak for us.
I believe we would most likely learn we are not that different and would better understand one another. Whats better than a friendship or at least a factual understanding.. The word would spread quickly, we are not one anothers enemy.

Blues

Gatherings at parks and big open spaces.. Giving all a chance to get to know one another at our core.. not letting politicians or the media speak for us.
I believe we would most likely learn we are not that different and would better understand one another. Whats better than a friendship or at least a factual understanding.. The word would spread quickly, we are not one anothers enemy.

Blues

I would be behind it. 110%

• Banned

Blues

I would be behind it. 110%

Thanks G.T, I'm all for it...... We need this. How the heck can we start this? pm sent.

Last edited:
I would suggest it promote non partisanship and be open to all ideas without preconceived biases.

Blues

You forget to mention....not letting religion or race into the mix.

• Banned
I would suggest it promote non partisanship and be open to all ideas without preconceived biases.

This is not political at all... This will be about people getting to know one another.
Screw the media and the politicians. Screw them!!!
We are Americans.. civil and caring, This will be our day..........

Blues

This is not political at all... This will be about people getting to know one another.

Blues

I live in a city where you can go your entire lives and not know the people who live on your own block.

Most people are amazed that the people on our block DO know each other. We would have a block party every year during the summer. The neighbor across the street and us would put it on and invite everyone. The funny thing is... when we stopped doing it... no one else on the block ever thought of or cared to do it themselves...

Blues

I live in a city where you can go your entire lives and not know the people who live on your own block.

Most people are amazed that the people on our block DO know each other. We would have a block party every year during the summer. The neighbor across the street and us would put it on and invite everyone. The funny thing is... when we stopped doing it... no one else on the block ever thought of or cared to do it themselves...

:clap2:

big party thrower, myself. I love people.

Blues

big party thrower, myself. I love people.

Good for you too, i entertain in a grand scale... and love it.

But the point is. When it wasn't us throwing it and paying for everything.... it never happened again.

Blues

You forget to mention....not letting religion or race into the mix.

This is about all Americans getting to know one another.. understanding one another.
No politicians allowed. Think of it as a national family picnic.

Just what we need in this country... another holiday. Let's all gather around and sing camp fire songs.

Blues

That's the principle behind the Coffee Shop here on USMB. There strong liberals and strong conservatives set aside their political and socioeconomic differences and just enjoy shared pleasures, humor, difficulties or whatever.

But we do have a national holiday that celebrates all our country. We call it Independence Day and celebrate it every July 4. It represents every citizen, culture, ethnicity, gender, everybody who enjoys the freedoms of life, liberty, and opportunity for pursuit of happeness unique among nations of the Earth.

I just wish everybody could enjoy it in that spirit.

Blues

That's the principle behind the Coffee Shop here on USMB. There strong liberals and strong conservatives set aside their political and socioeconomic differences and just enjoy shared pleasures, humor, difficulties or whatever.

But we do have a national holiday that celebrates all our country. We call it Independence Day and celebrate it every July 4. It represents every citizen, culture, ethnicity, gender, everybody who enjoys the freedoms of life, liberty, and opportunity for pursuit of happeness unique among nations of the Earth.

I just wish everybody could enjoy it in that spirit.

We have a start
now we need the time and the people to put this together..

Blues

They are called "Block Parties".

They often co-inside with Labor, Memorial, Independance and St. Paddys Day.

New Topics

Forum List

Back