Any Ontario Residents here?

Jeez Toro - one of the Bay Street mafia? :D

I've got a soft spot for TO, I admit. I mean where else could I toddle in and get Fuller's London Pride (the Jersey Giant on Front Street) fresh in? And the St Lawrence Market for terrific fresh produce (have to admit the salmon was pricey but oh well) and they have a pretty good diner there, I have to say the tuna melts were very good. And Kensington Market? I had never had West Indian food until I went there.

Anyway it's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but I must admit I have hit the bars in TO and been rarely disappointed in their offerings. And just in case I get slagged I also have to say the historical sites were really interesting. Most poignant was on Parliament down there between the Esplanade and the Distillery district, there wasn't a parliament, the Americans, brigands, had burned it down. But the Mill Street brewery was 5 minutes walk so it wasn't all bad :D

Last edited:
I haven't been to Montreal but I'm told I must go there next time I visit Canada. I've been to Toronto a few times and I like it (but I note, as I said, I haven't visited Montreal). I don't know about boring though. It might have been Toronto the Good once but I tell you it's Toronto the Bloody Dangerous now.

major difference: to...hard to get smoke....montreal...had it delivered to my room by the bellhop within 30 minutes....lol....montreal is just a lot more fun ...has a "sex region" etc. great food...and the french speakers like anyone who is not ontarian....english lol....just a mixed up place....

i like vancouver too....great bc bud there....okay this sounds like i just took a smoking tour of canada ...lol

auditing for shade....odd concept but as one who has skin cancer....and like my doc said...if you got to have cancer this is the one you want..its not the big melanoma one..but the lesser basal cell kind....i go every 6 months for a full body check....and sept is the month. I have so far been....sliced, frozen and then punched...all in the name of science lol...the punch bio...was the worst one.

keeping kids out of the sun or with sunblock is important....its no fun having any kind of cancer.

Gurdari here... living in Toronto, working in the GTA. Love it. Despite the news stories about violence, it is pretty peaceful and calm and I'm downtown.

Election time now... hope everyone votes.

Forum List

Back