Any one else got really slow load times this morning?

It was slow as hell, and there was an error message, which leads me to suspect the ads that were running last night.

Especially the animated one.

It was slow as hell, and there was an error message, which leads me to suspect the ads that were running last night.

Especially the animated one.

Once again it was NOT slow at all. Of course I have all scripts turned off. The problem you had is coming from a site that feeds this site with script. It routinely has problems. But don't expect me to feel sorry for any of you, cause I clearly remember the bullshit answers and attacks directed at me for bringing it up in the past. And it is because of ads.

One culprit I had in the past was Forumfoundry.com. And I believe an ad site attached to that.

Slow again this morning. I know that it can be fixed because I've never experienced it before this week on your website.

Slow again this morning. I know that it can be fixed because I've never experienced it before this week on your website.

There are a lot of reasons. Whenever MSN goes down for maintenance I get slow load times here because of that stupid ad hanging. But since almost all the rest is currently blocked by NoScript none of the others effect me.

Other factors include server reboots, normal server maintenance (usually most hosts do it around 3 am in their time zone), normal site maintenance (usually a different time than the server depending on where the maintainer/techie lives), and local traffic for you. Also sometimes the ISPs will do reboots, though rare it does happen, of all their local servers at once, which will slow you down if you can even get on.

There are a lot of reasons. Whenever MSN goes down for maintenance I get slow load times here because of that stupid ad hanging. But since almost all the rest is currently blocked by NoScript none of the others effect me.

Other factors include server reboots, normal server maintenance (usually most hosts do it around 3 am in their time zone), normal site maintenance (usually a different time than the server depending on where the maintainer/techie lives), and local traffic for you. Also sometimes the ISPs will do reboots, though rare it does happen, of all their local servers at once, which will slow you down if you can even get on.

It does seem like an ad hang. It has been the culprit before when I get this on other sites. It's annoying as hell.

Thanks for the response, Kit.

It does seem like an ad hang. It has been the culprit before when I get this on other sites. It's annoying as hell.

Thanks for the response, Kit.

No prob..

I also get slow loading times at 2:30 a.m. eastern, though I usually just go do something else for a few minutes and when I come back it's all good.

The boad has it's slow moments while the server updates. it's generally the same times each day. DO try and get over it. Either wait it out or take that time to get a nice, refreshing beverage from the fridge and cop a buzz.:cool:

The boad has it's slow moments while the server updates. it's generally the same times each day. DO try and get over it. Either wait it out or take that time to get a nice, refreshing beverage from the fridge and cop a buzz.:cool:

Well I do just go to another board. I thought you might like to know but whatever.

I have to admit I also have some really really slow load times. Its only on one computer, in the evenings but it takes for ever to get something to come up. I get the "trying to connect" message. Could it be the software or browser I run? (Ubuntu/Firefox)

Forum List

Back