Any one else got really slow load times this morning?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Takes a while to load every page. I know around 230 am eastern time the board quits responding for about 15 minutes or so, I assume that is when they run maintenance but it has ben slow for me since 4 am.

There has to be something wrong with your net connection or software. With the problems you have had lately I would recommend a virus scan or trimming the fat on your OS.

There has to be something wrong with your net connection or software. With the problems you have had lately I would recommend a virus scan or trimming the fat on your OS.

And yet ONLY this site is slow. I have a very good virus checker that automatically checks all incoming traffic. And it does a scan once a week also. The slowness today is once again due to that as.ad crap site. It simple hangs there for 20 or 30 seconds.

Ah ... that explains it. You may use your firewall and block that specific address so your virus scanner doesn't hang by checking it, that should increase your speed without opening yourself up to risk. Ad sites like to link too many things at once so a scanner has a lot to check when it encounters such a site.

Ah ... that explains it. You may use your firewall and block that specific address so your virus scanner doesn't hang by checking it, that should increase your speed without opening yourself up to risk. Ad sites like to link too many things at once so a scanner has a lot to check when it encounters such a site.

I do not see anyway on my firewall to block a site that is not a program on my computer. Nor do I know how to get firefox add ons.

Any one else got really slow load times this morning?

RGS, no one wants to know about your constipation.:eusa_hand:

It's very slow loading this morning. Is there some kind of work going on at this site? I've looked at a couple of other sites and things seem normal.

It's very slow loading this morning. Is there some kind of work going on at this site? I've looked at a couple of other sites and things seem normal.

Don't think so. The maintenance appears to occur from about 225 to 245 in the morning.

Sometimes what happens is several of the sites that have scripts on this site get REAL slow. I turned all but the main site script off. Now only time it usually gets slow is at maintenance time and if my provider is screwing up.

Don't think so. The maintenance appears to occur from about 225 to 245 in the morning.

Sometimes what happens is several of the sites that have scripts on this site get REAL slow. I turned all but the main site script off. Now only time it usually gets slow is at maintenance time and if my provider is screwing up.

I know, I thought it was our servers at work yesterday but this site seems even slower this morning.

Not sure how to turn the scripts on or off, I'm on my work computer so it probably wouldn't allow it anyway.

Yes, the site is slow right now.

No, I don't know why.

Once again, must just be you as I was on the same time as her and had no problems at all. Ohh and as I recall that was all your guys excuse for attacking me for even bringing this up in the past.

I suggest you check out your equipment and your provider, cause according to the yes bots this site is never slow and those that claim so are the problem.

No, I don't know why.

Once again, must just be you as I was on the same time as her and had no problems at all. Ohh and as I recall that was all your guys excuse for attacking me for even bringing this up in the past.

I suggest you check out your equipment and your provider, cause according to the yes bots this site is never slow and those that claim so are the problem.

Of course. Even though there is no problem with any other site I visited this morning... :lol:

I was surprised that nobody had complained about it.

No, I don't know why.

Of course. Even though there is no problem with any other site I visited this morning... :lol:

Sorry Sarah Not directed at you. THIS happened to me routinely until I blocked scripts and if you go back you can probably find the threads were I was told over and over it was all my problem. I even said the same thing you just said, other sites work fine.

Sorry Sarah Not directed at you. THIS happened to me routinely until I blocked scripts and if you go back you can probably find the threads were I was told over and over it was all my problem. I even said the same thing you just said, other sites work fine.

I know it wasn't directed at me, thanks for the heads up about scripts. Believe me I know when I'm having problems, our servers are plain random. You don't know from one day to the next when something is going to happen.

It's ok now so I'll stop talking about it but anyone telling you it's your problem really isn't helpful.

Forum List

Back