Any of you receive crank calls in the early hours of the morning from distant area codes?

I dumped my land line because I was getting more than a dozen calls a day from bots and telemarketers.

Like everything else the federal government does, the no call list is a fucking joke.

I block all calls to my cell phone that are from anyone other than those in my contact list and I now have a VOIP home phone that also has both a white and black list and will block all calls from unknown numbers or from area codes I designate
Given the large numbers of people abandoning their land line because they have been taken over by robo calls, you would think phone companies would do something to block these calls

Their survival depends on it

Adapt or die

giphy.gif

It has to do with the source of the calls.

I've angered the lying, abusive, cheating covert Canadian police, because I know who they are, outed many of them, and explained how they are fleecing U.S and European companies who operate in Canada.

If you aren't too careful, you may import our Canadian system. You then wouldn't ask such a question, you wuld understand.

What angers me more than the cowardice of these criminals, is that they do all of this on the backs of so many who fought and died for our liberty in far away lands. As they and often their families, exploit our domestic system for their own gain.

Cowards to the nth degree.
Riiiiiiight. <Crepitus backs away slowly> . You sure you don't wanna turn yourself in for treatment?

You think this is my first rodeo? Go try that with someone else. I know who is genuine on this site and who isn't.
So you've had these paranoid episodes before?

Then you know what to do, go do it.

You're not fooling anyone,
I'm not trying to.

But you expect us to believe that the Canadian police are calling you early (but not too early) in the morning and hanging up, because they don't like you?

Come on kid. Either admit you're making it up or admit you need help.

There are no other alternatives.

I think the term used for this by a Canadian undercover who told his story years ago was "Telephone Tag". I won't go into the details here, but a Canadian undercover had infiltrated a hate group and was crank calling certain communities to harass them.

When you receive multiple phone calls from different, distant area codes, in the very early hours of the day, often within an hour or so of each other, on top of what I have experiences which puts these calls into the "minor irritant" category, yes, I know how the drill works.

There is a reason our economy is getting crushed. It isn't because we don't have intelligent citizens or are located beside the largest consumption economy (by far), with a free trade agreement in place...

Riiiiiiight. <Crepitus backs away slowly> . You sure you don't wanna turn yourself in for treatment?

You think this is my first rodeo? Go try that with someone else. I know who is genuine on this site and who isn't.
So you've had these paranoid episodes before?

Then you know what to do, go do it.

You're not fooling anyone,
I'm not trying to.

But you expect us to believe that the Canadian police are calling you early (but not too early) in the morning and hanging up, because they don't like you?

Come on kid. Either admit you're making it up or admit you need help.

There are no other alternatives.

I think the term used for this by a Canadian undercover who told his story years ago was "Telephone Tag". I won't go into the details here, but a Canadian undercover had infiltrated a hate group and was crank calling certain communities to harass them.

When you receive multiple phone calls from different, distant area codes, in the very early hours of the day, often within an hour or so of each other, on top of what I have experiences which puts these calls into the "minor irritant" category, yes, I know how the drill works.

There is a reason our economy is getting crushed. It isn't because we don't have intelligent citizens or are located beside the largest consumption economy (by far), with a free trade agreement in place...
Lol, suuuuure.

I dumped my land line because I was getting more than a dozen calls a day from bots and telemarketers.

Like everything else the federal government does, the no call list is a fucking joke.

I block all calls to my cell phone that are from anyone other than those in my contact list and I now have a VOIP home phone that also has both a white and black list and will block all calls from unknown numbers or from area codes I designate

We dumped our land line last year for similar reason. We still get several robocalls a day between us, mostly seeking donation, showing call origination in towns close by. I answer and ask what city they are calling from. Usually they hang up. If they start into "calling from national call center" bit, it tell them I don't donate to fraud people who spoof phones, hand up and block. Brother-in-law said he got one showing they were calling from the phone he was holding in his hand. Go figure.

Given the large numbers of people abandoning their land line because they have been taken over by robo calls, you would think phone companies would do something to block these calls

Their survival depends on it

They can and and the small one (scrtc) I am on did. It works pretty good. I heard it on the radio, free for the first landline. It will not block a local call though and as you mentioned the robos spoof local call numbers. "hi this is christy from credit card services" I have been getting that one over 10 years!

I don't answer the landline either, also have a $100 callblocker (V5000) you can even block prefaces like 800, 888, 866 etc all telefukers.

Call you phone co and see if they have a free blocker. Took about 2 min for me to have it done, well worth it!

Forum List

Back