Any Of My Fellow New Englanders Feel The Earth Shake Last Night?

Hi, Masquerade!

I know ... I know ... everyone wants to talk about last night's debate. But I'm curious if you felt the earthquake last night. I was just outside of Boston and I felt it.

I'm not on East Coast, but study earthquakes and seismic activity worldwide as a hobby.

I'm surprised you felt that as far as Boston. The USGS interactive map shows the earthquake located closer to Portland ME than Boston MA, a 4.0 on the Richter scale at 7:12 pm your time.

-- Paravani

Hi, Masquerade!

I know ... I know ... everyone wants to talk about last night's debate. But I'm curious if you felt the earthquake last night. I was just outside of Boston and I felt it.

I'm not on East Coast, but study earthquakes and seismic activity worldwide as a hobby.

I'm surprised you felt that as far as Boston. The USGS interactive map shows the earthquake located closer to Portland ME than Boston MA, a 4.0 on the Richter scale at 7:12 pm your time.

-- Paravani

From what I've heard, it was felt as far down as Cape Cod.

o please it was a 4.0......did ya really feel it?

Yes!
I was sitting with a couple of co-wokers, when all of a sudden the entire building started shaking. It lasted about 10-15 seconds and when it stopped, we all looked at each other and said ... "We just had an earthquake!"

Sure, 4.0 is nothing for those who experience earthquakes often, like on the west coast. I think I've felt around a half dozen in my life (all up here in New England) and last evening's was the most obvious one.

I have two sisters in the New England area and they felt the earth shake last night. One in Boston and one in New Hampshire.

I have two sisters in the New England area and they felt the earth shake last night. One in Boston and one in New Hampshire.

My elderly snowbird MIL spends summers in a town close to the epicenter. I'm happy she is back down in Florida and didn't experience it ... even if it was just a 4.0.

Hi, Masquerade!

-- Paravani

It was felt as far south as northern New Jersey. It was a pretty meager earthquake though (thankfully), a good half of the people didn't notice at all.

Today, the largest ever earthquake drill will be held.

Millions to take part in largest ever-earthquake drill - Telegraph

Families from Los Angeles to New York will dive for cover at 10.18am in each timezone as they rehearse what to do in the event of a major quake.

Major earthquakes are expected to strike the same area every 150 years but it has been nearly 300 years since southern California has been hit, prompting fears of a long-overdue quake.

Around 300,000 people outside the United States have signed up, mainly in earthquake risk zones like southern Italy and Japan.

Let me come up to Boston to visit you Masq, we can create our own earthquake.

Oh HG .... :lol: ... get the hell up here already!

I feel the Earth move under my feet ... I feel the sky tumblin' down a tumblin' down ....

I have a couple friends in Boston, I am definently working on it. My favorite basketball team is the Celtics and I have always wanted to go to Boston anyways. If I come up there we have to hang out.

Forum List

Back