Any merit to the Rights objections?

Any merit?

• Total voters
The neo-Communists (like that word) have total contempt for the American people who they believe are too STOOOOOOPID, to read the writing on the wall. If Father O'Bama wanted to repeal the law of gravity because it discriminated against flying objects, the left would start a campaign smearing Sir Isaac Newton. I can visualize it now "Newton as Hitler" "Newton and Palin" "Newton and Glen Beck". :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'll have to visit some playgrounds and nursery schools and ask what their objections are...

On USMB I don't see much in the way of real policy debate from the "right". Enough to know the right thinks Obama and anybody who supports anything he proposes is a general idiot, a liar, a deluded sheep, and dangerous to the American way of life (whatever that means), but not enough to evaluate their stance and decide how much merit is in it.
Although when I think of "the right" and "the left" I tend to think of the more extreme examples, not the mainstream clustered near the center but leaning one way or the other.

I don't know what the right's objections are.

I also don't know what their solutions are.

From what I gather, they don't like Obama because he is either Hitler or Stalin and he talks a lot.

From where I sit neither the policies of the left nor the right have any merit when it comes to looking out for anyone but their cronies.

They have handed the country over to wall st. insiders. The left have their favorites and the right theirs. Currently Goldman Sachs and company have a government. The rest of us are on our own.

Last edited:
Do those on the left find any merit to the Objection of those on the right to Obama's policies?

I do.

I've outlined my objections to the direction their HC solution seems to be taking, already.

They seem to be throwing money at the problem, without seriously changing any of the causes of the HC crises.

Also, I think that the escalation of troops strength in Afghanistan is likewise an unwise foreign policy.

What else?

Let's see...the credit card reforms didn't go far enough, either.

Also, as it regards the real estate crises? REwarding the banks which essantially caused the crises seems foolish.

Now as the RIGHT'S OBECTIONS to Obama's plans?

Their objections appear to me to be even dumber than Obama's policies.

Last edited:
Do those on the left find any merit to the Objection of those on the right to Obama's policies?

Seriously, I don't think that they do. The Hollywood types that rail in support of the rapist who drugged a thirteen year old that he was watching for her parents with Champagne and qualudes just don't seem to like to know what the facts are about anything in particular. Facts can change. Their opinions will never change. This was, as Whoopie calls it, a "Rape Rape". A minor who is in the care of an adult who is drugged then violently raped against her will.

Let's take a look at the stimulus. It is not stimulating anything. It was never intended to stimulate and was only a grab bag of political hand outs, paybacks, graft, bribes and pork.

What's the proof?

The cash for clunkers was in force for about 2 months. It cost about 2 billion dollars. It caused the expenditure of about 5 times that amount with the balance coming from the private sector. 2 billion in tax dollars causes the expenditure of about 12 billion and the unemployment drops, the GDP rises, factory orders are up and the economy starts to flourish.

That's what a stimulus looks like, acts like and results in.

The expenditure of the 700 billion, if it was a stimulus, would have caused the expenditure of about 5 times that amount equalling 3.5 Trillion or about 20% more than the annual GDP of our country in good times. Instead, it has caused the private sector expenditure of zero.

This is what a political payback, bribe, pork or graft looks like, acts like and results in.

No matter how beautiful the words, eventually, one must examine the results.

I do.

I've outlined my objections to the direction their HC solution seems to be taking, already.

They seem to be throwing money at the problem, without seriously changing any of the causes of the HC crises.

Also, I think that the escalation of troops strength in Afghanistan is likewise an unwise foreign policy.

What else?

Let's see...the credit card reforms didn't go far enough, either.

Also, as it regards the real estate crises? REwarding the banks which essantially caused the crises seems foolish.

Now as the RIGHT'S OBECTIONS to Obama's plans?

Their objections appear to me to be even dumber than Obama's policies.

And ALL of that deals with your right to personal freedom... which goes hand in hand with personal responsibility....

Everything you have in this thread that you support tries to take away that personal responsibility and place it on other citizens/taxpayers

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO INFRINGE ON THE PERSONAL FREEDOM OF OTHERS TO HAVE THE GOVERNMENT GIVE YOU WANT YOU THINK YOU NEED OR WANT AT THE EXPENSE OF SOMEONE ELSE

You voluntarily agreed to house loan terms, you fucking live with it... you have bad enough credit that warrants a high credit card interest rate, tough shit and learn to better your credit... you want health care for your peace of mind and as a buffer to your fiscal well being, improve your job situation or earnings to fucking pay for it yourself....

Last edited:
I don't know what the right's objections are.

I also don't know what their solutions are.

From what I gather, they don't like Obama because he is either Hitler or Stalin and he talks a lot.

I agree that he talks allot. So do allot of people. My objection is that he is spending money like a drunken sailor and is not delivering any results.

What are his agenda successes? You are welcome to begin with the closure of Gitmo, the winding down of the violence in Afghanistan, the expansion of the American economy or the reduction of the unemployment rate. How about the unwise policy of Bush re: Iraq which he has continued.

You might want to touch on how his promise of universal health care with no increase in costs to anyone is coming along.

Maybe the promise that nobody would suffer a tax increase who made less than $250K.

How about how his policies would correct the "worst economy since the Great Depression" or the statement that the economy was worse than he thought. Huh?!?!?

Either he has been lying with every word that has left his mouth or he didn't know anything about anything and his promises were just words.

If you like Fairy Tales, Obama is your man. If you like results, you might want to look elsewhere.

Interesting it is as I feared. For the most part the thread only demonstrates that the left is deaf, dumb, and blind. We have outlined dozens of policy differences with Obama none of which have anything to do with the color of his skin. We have shown alternative solutions - solutions that unlike Obama's might actually solve the problem - and for our trouble been told that we shouldn't bother ourselves with such things but rather climb on board with solutions offered up, and not by Obama mind you but by the likes of Dingy Harry and Queen Nan, that are massively expensive, almost unimaginably complex, and will almost certainly do little to solve the problems they seek to address, but will almost certainly provide endless money for the Dem's two favorite constituencies Big Labor and trial Lawyers.

Interesting it is as I feared. For the most part the thread only demonstrates that the left is deaf, dumb, and blind. We have outlined dozens of policy differences with Obama none of which have anything to do with the color of his skin. We have shown alternative solutions - solutions that unlike Obama's might actually solve the problem - and for our trouble been told that we shouldn't bother ourselves with such things but rather climb on board with solutions offered up, and not by Obama mind you but by the likes of Dingy Harry and Queen Nan, that are massively expensive, almost unimaginably complex, and will almost certainly do little to solve the problems they seek to address, but will almost certainly provide endless money for the Dem's two favorite constituencies Big Labor and trial Lawyers.

Give some concrete examples instead of generalizations and name calling, and we'll have a starting point for real debate.

Oh for pity sake. Your side has done little but name call and piss and moan for going on ten years now and you now want me to provide you with facts that have already been trotted out before your blind unseeing eyes a dozen and more times so we can have a reasoned debate? Give me a break.

That's it in a nutshell Gary, well said.:clap2:

Oh for pity sake. Your side has done little but name call and piss and moan for going on ten years now and you now want me to provide you with facts that have already been trotted out before your blind unseeing eyes a dozen and more times so we can have a reasoned debate? Give me a break.

My "side"? What side is that?

Forum List

Back