Any ideas on how our Congress creates a 2200 page spending bill?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
It goes something like this. Every Congressman brings his or her section containing their pet projects and side of pork. They throw all the sections together and then Dem and GOP party leaders stand up and say "Any objections?" A couple freshmen congressmen and Rand Paul say "Hey I didn't even read it!" The rest of them chuckle. The leaders say "Too late for that, so everybody good? Let's party guys we've done it again! "

And that's how we got our 1.3 Trillion dollar budget. Anyone have a problem with that process? Over the next few weeks and months, when people start actually reading the bill, we get to play our favorite budget game "Hey why are we spending all that money on _____? Answer: Too late it's the law and we are a country of laws".

If McConnell won't kill the filibuster rule he needs to be replaced...

Chiseling-Caveman-e1295104424454.jpg

I have a major problem with this. I wanna start a protest movement called READ THE BILL.

Make them sign a pledge to read the bills when they start campaigning. If reading is too hard, then we need to call in the librarians to bring the Bookmobiles. We can drop off Hooked on Phonics books at their offices. We can all wear hats.......as long as they have.....bills.
No yelling, no screaming, no violence because that might interrupt READING. We can grab chairs and sit outside and READ.

We can have a theme song.

Back to basics then and bring back the Count von Count.

Any ideas on how our Congress creates a 2200 page spending bill?

Government Printing Office......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back