any help for a minor annoyance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A minor annoyance? Fuck you. Put me on ignore. Annoyance solved.

where the hell did that come from?

did i say something to or about you that i'm not aware of?

did we not just have a sane, productive, professional PM exchange?

No, we did not. :evil:

Ok, we did. But, please - work with me here - I have a reputation as an evil bitch to maintain. :lol::lol:

i was afraid i might be getting alzheimer's or something.

you want to get nuts about something, let's go back to our first flare up. that case is getting some attention in one of my other newsgroups as a "landmark first amendment" case.

so we need the supreme court to uphold people's right to be assholes?

i still don't think the family is doing that marine's memory right by going the route they are taking, but i sure think that the people who violated their privacy don't deserve much more than maybe salmonella in their salamis.

Ok, we did. But, please - work with me here - I have a reputation as an evil bitch to maintain. :lol::lol:

you want to get nuts about something, let's go back to our first flare up. that case is getting some attention in one of my other newsgroups as a "landmark first amendment" case.

i still don't think the family is doing that marine's memory right by going the route they are taking, but i sure think that the people who violated their privacy don't deserve much more than maybe salmonella in their salamis.
Take it to the Flame Zone.

You said you came here to be nice and you pick a fight with a lynx! How iron headed must you be?

...do not joke about Alzheimer's.

Last edited:

You said you came here to be nice and you pick a fight with a lynx! How iron headed must you be?

rocks, my friend, rocks. if she rises to the invitation, the brouhaha will be under military or law. the case in question raises a lot of important issues and deserves some discussion.

rocks, my friend, rocks. if she rises to the invitation, the brouhaha will be under military or law. the case in question raises a lot of important issues and deserves some discussion.

What invitation? Is there a thread going already?

What invitation? Is there a thread going already?

not that i know of and it's a case CG has some sort of personal connection.

it's the suit between the family of a marine killed in iraq who had the funeral disrupted by some church of thank god for dead soldiers or something like that.

the trial court handed down an inordinately huge judgement for invasion of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress that got overturned on appeal and now the robes have at SCOTUS.

there is a population segment trying to make a big deal out of it as a first amendment landmark --- like people should have the right to invade people's lives in a moment of grief to make some point completely unrelated to the dead marine that was being buried.

my feeling was the family should not have pursued a damage suit so vigorously on the grounds that the spirit world was going to do a better job of avenging the wrong than the court and that the publicity is just empowering the assholes rather than punishing them.

she went ballistic at that and we haven't brought it up since then. when she came off the wall into this thread (we really had just had a nice private conversation about business before that post) i thought if she wanted to show some nasty bitch teeth, that would be a worthwhile topic.

so what about it CG? is that case still something you think people need to know about? i told you the first time i was willing to help get the word out and still am willing.

What First Amendment case would that be?

When you come up with an actual important issue, let me know. Otherwise, if all you can do is regurgitate partisan dogma ... FAIL.

When you come up with an actual important issue, let me know. Otherwise, if all you can do is regurgitate partisan dogma ... FAIL.

gunny, blame yourself when this board goes downhill. you are a big fucking failure as an admin. you just locked a thread because you have no filter. pathetic. the rest of your time you spend as one of the worst trolls. step down.

i know next to nothing about this situation except that a dead marine got a whole lot of disrespect and the tort litigation has made it to the supreme court.

on another more specialized board that i subscribe to, the case is being described as a landmark first amendment case with this church thanking god for dead soldiers being portrayed as the entity whose free speech is being inhibited.

for me to say any more than what i put here and the previous post would be exceeding my knowledge and entering into speculation and subjectivity.

gunny, blame yourself when this board goes downhill. you are a big fucking failure as an admin. you just locked a thread because you have no filter. pathetic. the rest of your time you spend as one of the worst trolls. step down.

Really? You mean the part where when I took over I had about 10 contributing members and averaged 3-400 posts a day and 30 or so of them were mine? Whereas now we average between 2-3000 posts a day?

I'm sick of listening to you lefties whine. The fact is, my personal beliefs have NOTHING to do with how I administrate this board, but YOUR inability to see inhibits you from figuring out that simple fact and in fact makes you vote for a communist idiot.

I don't like rightwingnuts anymore than I like you. Simple fact. So blame YOURSELF if you don't want to post on one of the most tolerant and actually liberal (DO look up the word as you have no clue what a true liberal is) message boards out here.

I go so far as to let idiot, partisan sheeple like you parrot the party line. On BOTH sides.

For all the blathering, there are but few actual conservatives and/or liberals on this board. The rest of you can't do anything but bleat GOP/Dem party rhetoric and blindly support and/or attack people blindly based on the (R) or (D) behind their names.

When your ancient ass grows up and you think you can take me on a topic based solely on the facts and logic of that topic, you let me know. Otherwise, begone, gnat.

i know next to nothing about this situation except that a dead marine got a whole lot of disrespect and the tort litigation has made it to the supreme court.

on another more specialized board that i subscribe to, the case is being described as a landmark first amendment case with this church thanking god for dead soldiers being portrayed as the entity whose free speech is being inhibited.

for me to say any more than what i put here and the previous post would be exceeding my knowledge and entering into speculation and subjectivity.

Dead soldiers are dead. Their deaths speak for themselves. They gave all. ANYONE, right or left, politicizing THAT sucks and is one of the highest levels of disrespect either side can come up with. Using people who actually believe in serving this nation as a political tool, when they can't even speak, is the act of cowards.

Guess who the last people are that want to go to war? The ones that have to fight them. Have a newborn and deploy. There's a LOT of hot air around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back