any help for a minor annoyance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not filters --- power protection/power conditioning devices and mostly for large installations (e.g. baxter-travenol uses our power conditioners and UPS in their barrington, il factory).

we do have some smaller units that sit in the phone lines you might call filters that are only a few bucks but everything else is much more expensive than the APC products most people i meet are familiar with.

if you want to know more please PM me a request for info as i will be respecting gunny's instructions regarding plugging the company on the forum.

also, and i don't rep them my father does --- i just assemble, activate, operate and repair the stuff.

the number was just off the top of my head, but yeah, some of that stuff costs in the 10's of thousands per unit.

i meant no offense by the cur remark. i'm sorry you were offended by it and hope you let it drop.

there was nothing smug about my kudos for usmb --- that was sincere.

No. She's using a touch pad mouse and the snap is too sensitive. Dumb blonds do that a lot, too.

yo schmuck. i've forgotten more about the way computer hardware behaves than you will ever know and i'm not female.

the snap is just fine and this has happened on machines with scroll mice. i'm leaning toward the browser being to blame.

i'm also leaning toward ignoring you. you want to be rude go ahead --- i won't empower you with a response.

Candyass! :lol:

no, just getting too old to waste time fighting online or off

asaratis, be nice.

I like Tommy!
I am being nice!

I like Tommy, too. I give my best friends more shit than this!

Sorry, Tommy! I won't pick on you anymore...in this thread.

i'm sorry to be such a bore, but i have too much really difficult shit going on in the real world that i don't want to get into all the fuck you --- fuck you back stuff that goes on in these forums.

not filters --- power protection/power conditioning devices and mostly for large installations (e.g. baxter-travenol uses our power conditioners and UPS in their barrington, il factory).
It's a filter...you take dirty power and clean it up.

we do have some smaller units that sit in the phone lines you might call filters that are only a few bucks but everything else is much more expensive than the APC products most people i meet are familiar with.
Those are filters, too.

if you want to know more please PM me a request for info as i will be respecting gunny's instructions regarding plugging the company on the forum.
I would respect gunny's instructions, too...if he'd ever give me some. :lol:

also, and i don't rep them my father does --- i just assemble, activate, operate and repair the stuff.

the number was just off the top of my head, but yeah, some of that stuff costs in the 10's of thousands per unit.
You might discuss how the various models work in the Technical Forums. Maybe you could slip in the website address now and then. The mods will ever notice...they're too busy policing the Flame Zone. (You don't want to go there!)

i meant no offense by the cur remark. i'm sorry you were offended by it and hope you let it drop.
I wasn't offended. My avatar was. He got over it.
there was nothing smug about my kudos for usmb --- that was sincere.
Certainly not. It was your implication that there's little intelligent life here.

yo schmuck. i've forgotten more about the way computer hardware behaves than you will ever know and i'm not female.

the snap is just fine and this has happened on machines with scroll mice. i'm leaning toward the browser being to blame.

i'm also leaning toward ignoring you. you want to be rude go ahead --- i won't empower you with a response.

Candyass! :lol:

no, just getting too old to waste time fighting online or off
You're never too old. For some reason, I see you as a young man.

asaratis, be nice.

I like Tommy!
I am being nice!

I like Tommy, too. I give my best friends more shit than this!

Sorry, Tommy! I won't pick on you anymore...in this thread.

i'm sorry to be such a bore, but i have too much really difficult shit going on in the real world that i don't want to get into all the fuck you --- fuck you back stuff that goes on in these forums.
Oh, you're not a boring person. Stop apologizing for yourself. Put a link to your home site in your signature and see what happens.

i hit the ground running at 50 feeling like that young man you think i am. i've spent the last 5 years trapped in a crossfire between criminals and the police that aid and abet them. i've been injured pretty seriously 3 times and broken bones and cartilage don't heal as well or quickly at this age. i've been falsely arrested at least a dozen times and i'm currently the defendant in a totally bullshit civil suit.

i'm weary and just want to have fun online.

only a little intelligent life here? must have been a typo. i've been around these boards for a lot of years (at least since 1985) and i'm impressed with the mix here.

go hang out at snopes and scam for a while and you'll see what i mean. snopes folks are stuffy and uppity and scam is populated by morons and maniacs.

happy day

the same and worse is happening with Firefox.

i'm watching real close and i know that i'm not clicking the mouse to cause this.

now i'm sure. windows are opening when the mouse pointer passes over an activatable (sic) object.

it just happened over an image in my yahoo mailbox

Last edited:
the same and worse is happening with Firefox.

i'm watching real close and i know that i'm not clicking the mouse to cause this.

now i'm sure. windows are opening when the mouse pointer passes over an activatable (sic) object.

it just happened over an image in my yahoo mailbox
Go to the top of your Firefox browser and click on the stop sign looking icon. See what filters are available.

....someone taught me that right here not too long ago...can't remember who it was.

Last edited:
this is so trivial i have to apologize for even starting a thread about it.

great board. best i've found in years. nice folks --- especially fun population of critters getting a bit grey in the gills.

helps keep the level of interplay a little more intelligent, dignified and humorous than the thrash and bash fests and dumbass infantile remarks you see in most places on the web nowadays.

thanks to the folks that run it and play in the pen.

the problem is that ads are opening up on me without clicking on anything which is really annoying when i'm reading a thread or typing a response.

anybody know why this is happening and what to do about it?

I can but stare in amazement. You want to advertise here; yet, you have a problem with advertisements. Perhaps the paying advertisers want you to read their stuff too?

what stop sign looking icon?

i'm leaning toward mouse settings but when i went into the control panel, the controls were for a ps/2 style mouse and this is a touch pad.

i've been working on big machines since the 70's and building desktops since the 80's and this is my first laptop. i'm not real pleased.

this is so trivial i have to apologize for even starting a thread about it.

great board. best i've found in years. nice folks --- especially fun population of critters getting a bit grey in the gills.

helps keep the level of interplay a little more intelligent, dignified and humorous than the thrash and bash fests and dumbass infantile remarks you see in most places on the web nowadays.

thanks to the folks that run it and play in the pen.

the problem is that ads are opening up on me without clicking on anything which is really annoying when i'm reading a thread or typing a response.

anybody know why this is happening and what to do about it?

I can but stare in amazement. You want to advertise here; yet, you have a problem with advertisements. Perhaps the paying advertisers want you to read their stuff too?

don't read into this something i don't mean. i read the freaking ads.

my machine is behaving strangely and opening things without being given a command to do it.

i'm leaning toward mouse settings but when i went into the control panel, the controls were for a ps/2 style mouse and this is a touch pad.

i've been working on big machines since the 70's and building desktops since the 80's and this is my first laptop. i'm not real pleased.

Look in your control panel. Or you can download one of several ad-blocker programs. It's not the board as much as your computer.

If it's not there, you might need to get an IT guy to fix it for you I left my laptop at the office. It's been fixed that way. This netbook was set up by the same IT guy and it doesn't have the same skin on the browser...doesn't need the extra filters. He put some shit on here that isn't allowed on the company laptops. I hardly ever see any ads...even in the blue band that occupies the right side of a USMB thread page...and no pop-ups...ever.

Maybe you just need a good IT guy.

Look in your control panel. Or you can download one of several ad-blocker programs. It's not the board as much as your computer.

Yep. The nut behind the keyboard.

i would have been really surprised if it was the board. and it's not just ads that are opening without clicks so an ad blocker isn't likely to do much.

i'm reasonably certain the mouse needs adjustment from the things that have been happening.

anybody know how to do that without a $50/hr technician?

i would have been really surprised if it was the board. and it's not just ads that are opening without clicks so an ad blocker isn't likely to do much.

i'm reasonably certain the mouse needs adjustment from the things that have been happening.

Send me your laptop. I will fix it and send it back.

even if you were going to do that for free, it would probably cost more to ship it there and back than it will for me to get somebody local to tweak the mouse settings for me.

kind offer, but i think i'll find a local solution or just live with it. it's not like something is broken, just out of adjustment.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back