Any guitar players?

epZcwTz.jpg
The image isn't there anymore. Yeah I piddle around on and off, mostly off. I played in a garage band way back when. My trouble is I have the desire but have no talent. My strengths lie in other areas.

Last edited:
The image isn't there anymore. Yeah I piddle around on and off, mostly off. I played in a garage band way back when. My trouble is I have the desire but have no talent. My strengths lie in other areas.

Big deal. Lots of us have no talent, and know we will never be rich and famous from our musical ability. That's not why we play music anyway. We do it because it is fun and a way to express emotions that we didn't even know we had. There are lots of understandable reasons why you might let your enjoyment of making music drift to the background. Your obligations don't allow you the time you once had, Other, more important concerns just take priority. Not being as good as you might want to be should never be one of those reasons.

I have a Warwick bass, a Fender acoustic, and a Fender/Squire electric.

I used to jam with a bunch of people up until a few months ago. Now I just piddle with them every now and then.

I spent 23 years playing Fenders. Not from Cars or Trucks. And I can't think of a deadlier up close weapon than a Fender Precision.

Classical and Acoustic steel string, here. I just started practicing last year. But I love it.

I've never played an electric though. What are some of the advantages.

Big deal. Lots of us have no talent, and know we will never be rich and famous from our musical ability. That's not why we play music anyway. We do it because it is fun and a way to express emotions that we didn't even know we had. There are lots of understandable reasons why you might let your enjoyment of making music drift to the background. Your obligations don't allow you the time you once had, Other, more important concerns just take priority. Not being as good as you might want to be should never be one of those reasons.
"argue for you limitations and they're yours...."
Richard Bach from 'Illusions'.

"argue for you limitations and they're yours...."
Richard Bach from 'Illusions'.

You got me. Here I am years after retirement, and I sadly acknowledge that I will never be another Ginger Baker or Keiko Abe. I guess I should just quit.

Me, circa 2003, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego, CA. We entertained about 15,000 before the start of a San Diego State University football game:

1441543_10202537287215625_970355642_n.jpg

I have a Ibanez 6 string guitar and i mostly learned to play from tabs and a instructional dvds from guitar world and a thing called rocksmith.

Really hard song on it,even i have trouble performing it.

I wonder if anyone noticed this, like if you play any metal song like this, some people in real life are like "is this even music or that is just noise"?

But if you play something like Taylor Swift, all of a sudden you are playing a person's favorite song.

Last edited:
I could keep up with these guys playing rhythm, but I'm more
average on lead - still learning 'easy' songs like Just Got Paid....I'm getting a lot better at blues/jazz improvising - mostly with backing tracks. I can jump into just about anything and play by ear....I can write basic notation but not read and play sheet music.

These guys are off the hook amazing...

I recently started making my own picks out of prescription lids. They make perfect medium 'jazz' picks, and the CAUTION letters are raised which gives you a better grip. I never even buy picks anymore. ( as long as my 95 year old father in law keeps taking shit for whatever ) I don't do pills unless absolutely necessary.
1604535470377.png

1604535495076.png

Forum List

Back