Any guitar players?

Now that's a player!
Playing is not beating on a guitar nor is it screwing around with all sorts of altered tunings because you lack the necessary skill to play chords and are too damn lazy to learn.
BTW to be a chord it has to have at least three notes not some bullshit two note crap you call a power cord because you're a hack and can't play fer shit. And pissin away a lot of money on gear doesn't make you a player either.
All that said, I play like shit but at least I know it and am trying to learn to really play.

Hey my fellow USMB guitarists, what was the first song that you learned how to play on the guitar? Can you remember?

Note for note, the first song I learned on the guitar was Crazy Train. A very difficult piece for a 15 year old beginner featuring Randy Rhodes. At the time I didn't know it was difficult.I just thought playing the guitar was very difficult.

The second was Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent

Flight of the Bumblebee. Kidding, think Rising Sun and Bows and Flows of angel hair.
LOL House of the Rising Sun for me too. If it wasn't first it was second or third. Stand by Me was in there early on too.

Hey my fellow USMB guitarists, what was the first song that you learned how to play on the guitar? Can you remember?

Note for note, the first song I learned on the guitar was Crazy Train. A very difficult piece for a 15 year old beginner featuring Randy Rhodes. At the time I didn't know it was difficult.I just thought playing the guitar was very difficult.

The second was Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent

Flight of the Bumblebee. Kidding, think Rising Sun and Bows and Flows of angel hair.
LOL House of the Rising Sun for me too. If it wasn't first it was second or third. Stand by Me was in there early on too.

Mine was "Helpless" by Neil Young. D, A, G for three and a half minutes...

A Norlin era Gibson Les Paul with the three ply maple (set) neck & the pancake body, that weighs in @ about 11 to 12 pounds would make an excellent instrument for blunt force injuries & death upon just about any victim. :dev3:

Man Killed With Electric Guitar: Austin Police Charge Peter Andrew Levay With Murder | HuffPost

Pastor Killed, Beaten With Electric Guitar

Police: Iowa man killed mother with Les Paul guitar

It is also possible to set-up an old tube amp to electrocute someone when they pickup a guitar attached to the amp via cable. All you would need to do is convince the victim to pickup the guitar. It happened to me twice over a period of many years but it was accidental in both incidents. Also, there was not enuff amperage to kill me in either occasion. But it is possible to tweak things to achieve such a dastardly outcome. Jus' sayin' ............

I've been zapped so many times from a guitar amp and PA microphone being out of phase, I can't remember. As long as your feet aren't wet and you're not standing on concrete, you're ok.

That's why you tap the mic with your fingers before you put your mouth near it. :)

Have you seen Echo in the Canyon? If not stop and watch it now.

A Norlin era Gibson Les Paul with the three ply maple (set) neck & the pancake body, that weighs in @ about 11 to 12 pounds would make an excellent instrument for blunt force injuries & death upon just about any victim. :dev3:

Man Killed With Electric Guitar: Austin Police Charge Peter Andrew Levay With Murder | HuffPost

It is also possible to set-up an old tube amp to electrocute someone when they pickup a guitar attached to the amp via cable. All you would need to do is convince the victim to pickup the guitar. It happened to me twice over a period of many years but it was accidental in both incidents. Also, there was not enuff amperage to kill me in either occasion. But it is possible to tweak things to achieve such a dastardly outcome. Jus' sayin' ............

I've been zapped so many times from a guitar amp and PA microphone being out of phase, I can't remember. As long as your feet aren't wet and you're not standing on concrete, you're ok.

That's why you tap the mic with your fingers before you put your mouth near it. :)

No, I have not. I will look it up. Thanks.

No, I have not. I will look it up. Thanks.

Just released on Netflix.

Forum List

Back